New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

21 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Another good point jls. Not being critical of @Jordanhill Jagjust for the sake of being critical, but under the last board he was calling for more open dialogue and a statement from the club. Quite vehemently I seem to remember.

As I've posted already I DO believe this board have the best interests of the club at heart and am not being critical of their motives, but some openness would be nice. They have discussed with the jags trust, and they kindly posted details of the meeting. Perhaps a weekly update would be a nice gesture, if they are allowed of course. I hope they understand the concerns of the support. Perhaps JJ can provide than comfort.

Can I also add that were I lucky enough to hold shares in our club I'd not sell either. Not to be obstructive, just cos it's a way of being attached to the club. Perhaps one day....    

Well put @allyo, our posts crossed

The Jags Trust Statement confirmed the takeover is still on track and its currently with the SFA - thats pretty clear and open ? Until such times as they get the Green Light from the SFA not sure they can add much 

Regards TeamBusGate and Player Signings - the previous Board made the Commercial Manager - the Operations Manager and had a total of Seven Redundancies - so Financial Reviews seem to be ongoing - again nothing much has changed between Boards in the Cost Cutting Dept - however maybe if we had cut Team Buses when we got relegated it may have meant less redundancies as lets face it - travelling on the Team Bus was didn't change performances much 

So looking at it objectively - they have provided an update via the Jags Trust which is clear and unambiguous - there has been cost reductions - but these were ongoing and perhaps the budgeted revenues arent matching  the actual revenues   

Im honestly not sure what all the fuss is about ?  

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Or why can’t as the “rumours” suggested confirm whether we are indeed heavily in debt 

Mat - Ok so we have budgets - My view on our future income - wont match someone elses view - the problem with a Football Club is that you have most of your upfront costs ie Players is based on what is in effect your best guess - but the problem with a Football Club is if you guess wrong - its not debt that kills you - its cashflow and it kills you very quickly 

Therefore a lot of views on cashflow are subjective - until there is Audited Accounts - its opinion - once you have Audited Accounts - you get a clearer understanding of where you sit Financially going forward 

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The Jags Trust Statement confirmed the takeover is still on track and its currently with the SFA - thats pretty clear and open ? Until such times as they get the Green Light from the SFA not sure they can add much 

Regards TeamBusGate and Player Signings - the previous Board made the Commercial Manager - the Operations Manager and had a total of Seven Redundancies - so Financial Reviews seem to be ongoing - again nothing much has changed between Boards in the Cost Cutting Dept - however maybe if we had cut Team Buses when we got relegated it may have meant less redundancies as lets face it - travelling on the Team Bus was didn't change performances much 

So looking at it objectively - they have provided an update via the Jags Trust which is clear and unambiguous - there has been cost reductions - but these were ongoing and perhaps the budgeted revenues arent matching  the actual revenues   

Im honestly not sure what all the fuss is about ?  

The fuss is saying one thing to a group of 6 and expecting them to tell or not tell anyone else ....and  not all fans who may or may not  be on here for example 

It’s a joke 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Short term or selective memories here.

We went months with rumors and speculation before the previous board would make a statement even when they promised a monthly one.

The current board is in place 3 weeks have issued 1 statement at time of the change.

Perhaps their time is tied up doing a full analysis of the current health of the club

Don’t get me wrong NorgeThistle, I didn’t have much faith in the 3BC running the show due to reasons you’ve alluded to.

A full analysis of the current health of the club? I know GC was given more monies in his transfer budget in Jan than the previous incumbent did in the Summer but we’ve still got parachute money from premiership as well as Lindsay sell on & Fitzpatrick money (I know it’ll be next year’s accounts showing that) but if our finances are that poor after a year in the championship then surely the BoD in charge at that point are not wholly responsible.

Beattie & co only stepped aside just over 12 months ago & our benefactor has in that time financed ‘team bonding’ trips- as he did Archibald.

There’s something not sitting right here & the fans (through Jags Trust, The Trust Jags etc) as shareholders should be being told more than one statement almost 3/4 weeks ago to tell us (I paraphrase) “we’re back to sell you on” & a meeting with the aforementioned group telling that it’s still ongoing. 

How long? Timescale? They must have some indication.

Propco? Are the prospective new owners looking at taking that from the BoD? 

Will the prospective owners speak about what they see PTFC being for them? Feeder? 

Etc Etc

Edited by Trotter

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So looking at it objectively - they have provided an update via the Jags Trust which is clear and unambiguous.

To a degree, yes.

But the Trust's communiqué also states that a conversation has taken place regarding the potential new owners' proposed business model, the details of which the Trust hasn't communicated to its members, nor has the 'new' board to the wider fanbase.

It would've been great to put a question to the board about that at the open day, but they appear to have withdrawn from the planned Q&A session.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

To a degree, yes.

But the Trust's communiqué also states that a conversation has taken place regarding the potential new owners' proposed business model, the details of which the Trust hasn't communicated to its members, nor has the 'new' board to the wider fanbase.

It would've been great to put a question to the board about that at the open day, but they appear to have withdrawn from the planned Q&A session.

And let’s face it  the jags trust is a friendly poodle for them 

Edited by javeajag
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And let’s dace the jags trust is a friendly poodle for them 

Seems to be, yeah.

It's strange to think that, if memory serves me well, Beattie was one of the main opponents to greater fan representation. 

My guess is the Trust is being played and will be dropped like hot s**t once it's served its purpose.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Seems to be, yeah.

It's strange to think that, if memory serves me well, Beattie was one of the main opponents to greater fan representation. 

My guess is the Trust is being played and will be dropped like hot s**t once it's served its purpose.

Run out of likes but this- in spades.

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Are the Jags Trust not representatives of “The Fans” therefore communicating with them is talking to the fans and it is up to the trust to convey any relevant information, which they do.

Of course they represent the fans .... how many fans are members ?

Ok herald reporting .....

Caldwell had £200k for four more players this has been pulled 

we will get loans from Barnsley 

new owners don’t see promotion this year as a priority 

training ground cancelled forever 

waiting on approval in dual ownership

colin weir has ended his association with the club 

well good to see Beattie being open and honest when he met the jags trust !

Edited by javeajag

HERALDSPORT understands that Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell has had his transfer budget pulled, as an insider called the day-to-day running of the club “a shambles”.

Alarm bells are ringing among Thistle staff around a proposed takeover of the club by NewCity Capital, the investment firm headed by businessman Chien Lee, who also have controlling stakes in the English Championship club and French side OGC Nice.

Sources within Firhill have claimed that the prospective new owners are not treating promotion to the Premiership as a priority this season, and that new chairman David Beattie has withheld money Caldwell was promised by the previous board to build a side that could challenge for the title.

It is believed that a figure of around £200,000 was still remaining in the transfer budget, and that Caldwell had earmarked four further arrivals to supplement his squad for a promotion push. HeraldSport understands though that the Thistle management have now been told that any further players will come from the fringes of the Barnsley squad on loan once the takeover is completed, and they will have no further money to spend.

That is despite the sale of youngster Aidan Fitzpatrick to Norwich City for £300,000, and the club banking a similar figure from a sell-on clause that was triggered upon Liam Lindsay’s move to Stoke City from Barnsley this summer.

The Scottish football authorities are currently performing due diligence around the proposed takeover of Thistle, specifically around rules relating to dual ownership.

The Thistle players and staff were forced to make their own way to Alloa for Saturday’s Championship opener, and the squad and management team remain unclear over whether this will be a standing arrangement throughout the season for away games.

Meanwhile, HeraldSport can also reveal that plans for Thistle’s training ground have been shelved after problems in gaining planning permission. East Dunbartonshire Council insisted that the club foot the bill for new roads around the potential site in Kirkintilloch, but Thistle were unwilling to meet the cost of doing so.

Colin Weir, the Euromillions winner who has bankrolled the club’s Thistle Weir Academy, was a driving force behind the proposed new training ground as director of the ‘Three Black Cats’ group. He has however now ended his involvement with the club following the removal of close friend Jacqui Low as chairman and the re-appointment of Beattie, meaning the search for an alternative site is now dead.

Beattie had stated that he would be contacting Weir to discuss his ongoing involvement in the club, but that approach has been rebuffed by Weir.

Partick Thistle have been contacted for comment and are expected to respond soon.

can we stop the puns befo

ehm I've been waiting for some information that seemed official instead of bluster and whataboutery for months.  Now I've read the article and I rate Graeme McGarry as a sports journalist so I am now shitting it.  It's official.  I want a stable club. That breaks even.  Challenging for promotion bring through the odd young player. 

(With a funded training ground from a benefactor at a push).

• admin locked this topic