New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

where does it say they are redirecting money from the Academy ? its was from memory a % going back to the Academy - this will have been covered on first  Lindsay Transfer and Fitz is a smaller Fee - so there is no evidence to support your statement  

Open your eyes. The statement says what the transfer funds will be used for. Zero mention of the academy, not even a nod that what had been proposed to be taken off the transfer would be. Of course no mention that it wouldnt, so we can only go with what they say in the statement. THEIR statement. Not mine.

Just now, Thistleberight said:

Open your eyes. The statement says what the transfer funds will be used for. Zero mention of the academy, not even a nod that what had been proposed to be taken off the transfer would be. Of course no mention that it wouldnt, so we can only go with what they say in the statement. THEIR statement. Not mine.

I nor you know what the exact Contract was with the Academy - nor if it has been honoured in this ( or previous ) Transfers - but its a bit of a leap to state thats why Colin Weir may be parting Company   

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

He isnt cutting budgets to sell the Club thats complete nonsense - he is balancing what they see as a Budget defcit - your just making things up 

Because they are not talking to us,  duh

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But the two arent mutally exclusive - having a balanced budget is in the best interests in the Club - the "balanced" element is down to who is setting the budget forecasts - whilst a lot of what you say is most likely correct - I have a lot of faith in guys like Ronnie Gilfillan and Norman Springford  

But the two things are not necessarily the same either .....the budget stuff to me is a distraction to obscure the real point that the finances are being prepared for a sale and the maximise the sale price ..... having faith ?! Now your going all b Johnson

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

He isnt cutting budgets to sell the Club thats complete nonsense - he is balancing what they see as a Budget defcit - your just making things up 

No....the finances are being adjusted to maximise the sale price under the guise of a budget deficit they just invented which you can do very easily as you well know 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I nor you know what the exact Contract was with the Academy - nor if it has been honoured in this ( or previous ) Transfers - but its a bit of a leap to state thats why Colin Weir may be parting Company   

I didn't say it was. I was simply stating that due to that possibility it's no wonder he has removed himself - which is a fact and as no one is saying why he has gone and re buffed DB's advances, we will speculate. That's why many on here want to hear from your pals the same way you were asking for communication from jlow et al

6 minutes ago, jaf said:

Agreed, but that also by extension does not necessarily mean that the original budget in place was in the best interests of the club either

And it also still does not mean that the sale of the 55% of the club may not yet be in the best interests of the club

But without us seeing and challenging the assumptions in both sets of budgets, and without us knowing the detail of the plans of the buyers, we can never reach a point we have informed opinions on this - I wish we both did so we could debate it properly, or even agree

Agreed but having been involved in numerous m and a deals I know that self interest is a powerful motivator .....the finances are now being presented in the context of selling the club and maximising the sale price .....

Just now, javeajag said:

Agreed but having been involved in numerous m and a deals I know that self interest is a powerful motivator .....the finances are now being presented in the context of selling the club and maximising the sale price .....

Don't remember ever agreeing with you this much. It's scary

2 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I didn't say it was. I was simply stating that due to that possibility it's no wonder he has removed himself - which is a fact and as no one is saying why he has gone and re buffed DB's advances, we will speculate. That's why many on here want to hear from your pals the same way you were asking for communication from jlow et al

It was Beattie who voluntarily said to us that he was reaching out to Colin weir and Beattie who is now not telling us what happened .....but have faith.....

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I told you that! I have been saying it all day!

But in a different way to your black and white

I think they may have acted to close a budget deficit to preserve/maximise value, whereas you think they invented the deficit

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

I told you that! I have been saying it all day!

But in a different way to your black and white

I think they may have acted to close a budget deficit to preserve/maximise value, whereas you think they invented the deficit

I think they have adjusted the budget to create value for themselves 

10 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Surely its up to Colin Weir to make any statement as the Club doesn't speak on his behalf ? Currently we have a Press Article - The Club have answered on the £200K  Player Budget - they have advised Buses are Alloa and Morton only - they have discussed budgeting in detail - not sure what is missing ?  

I also think a deficit (whether real, manufactured or purely subjective) could be used to justify the deal to the fans. 

i.e. We were in a mess, this was our only way out, we had no option.

Edited by allyo

15 minutes ago, javeajag said:

No....the finances are being adjusted to maximise the sale price under the guise of a budget deficit they just invented which you can do very easily as you well know 

How do you know its "invented " so guys like Norman Springford one of the most respected businessmen in Scotland - a very very Wealthy Man invent Budget deficits to get an extra £50K - behave-  thats just nonsense  

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Surely its up to Colin Weir to make any statement as the Club doesn't speak on his behalf ? Currently we have a Press Article - The Club have answered on the £200K  Player Budget - they have advised Buses are Alloa and Morton only - they have discussed budgeting in detail - not sure what is missing ?  

Statement made now

• admin locked this topic