New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

Just now, stuart_adam said:

New statement... still not saying much 

Statement below from PTFC.co.uk

"

Wednesday 7th August, 2019 at 11:22am

“The Board of Directors at Partick Thistle Football Club was extremely disappointed to hear that Colin Weir was withdrawing his financial support for the Club and the Academy. The impact and contribution to the Club from both Colin and Christine Weir, since their first involvement in the Thistle Weir Youth Academy in 2013, has been nothing short of transformational and the Board wishes to place on record its sincere thanks for everything that they have done for the Club over many years.

“The current Board and Management of the Football Club are already working to put plans in place to ensure this does not mean an end to the fantastic work being done in our Academy and with our Women’s team.

“The Board of Directors acknowledges the feelings of our support at this pivotal stage of our development and will endeavour to update supporters on plans going forward at the earliest opportunity. A return to the Premiership for next season remains our collective aim, to achieve this every aspect of the Club must remain focused on ensuring we have a successful team on the pitch. To that end, we would ask all our supporters to get fully behind the team on Friday evening for our first home Championship match of the season against Dundee United.”"

Not saying anything .... as predicted .... imagine jlow putting this stuff out there would be outrage 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

How is it a gaffe?

You (and everyone else including myself) want a statement or an update and the board have given one. In fact over two days they have given two statements.  

'Imagine Jlow putting this stuff out there would be outrage'

The difference is though, Jacqui Low would have said nothing. Or she would have waited weeks to craft her statement. 

I was one of the fans who said the board should give us a statement to let us know what is happening. We now have had 2. Whether you think it is good enough or not is another matter.  We will just need to wait and see. Lets hope we can get 3 points on Friday. Weather forecast for not a very nice day/night on Friday.

1 minute ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

How is it a gaffe?

You (and everyone else including myself) want a statement or an update and the board have given one. In fact over two days they have given two statements.  

'Imagine Jlow putting this stuff out there would be outrage'

The difference is though, Jacqui Low would have said nothing. Or she would have waited weeks to craft her statement. 

What did the statement actually say ....

thanks Colin, we are disappointed, we are working on finding the cash , we want promotion and support the team

whats not being said .....everything just about 

Just now, Auld Jag said:

I was one of the fans who said the board should give us a statement to let us know what is happening. We now have had 2. Whether you think it is good enough or not is another matter.  We will just need to wait and see. Lets hope we can get 3 points on Friday. Weather forecast for not a very nice day/night on Friday.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to look at what’s in or not in these statements  as opposed to them just putting something out .....however transformational 

25 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Let me paraphrase. Can you all keep your thoughts and chants to yourselves you gullible plebs. No booing and no chants of Beattie get tae f$*k 

Edited by The Legend Blows

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

Please stop .....

first point ask your mate David Beattie but you won’t get a reply

second  point Colin weir as you know agreed a funding package for the academy for the next two/three years

third point as the club will shortly be owned by billionaires they can fund the academy 

I don’t know him. I don’t understand why I should ask David Beattie why Colin Weir hasn’t spoken to Chien !

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I don’t know him. I don’t understand why I should ask David Beattie why Colin Weir hasn’t spoken to Chien !

A better question is why it took Beattie months to engage with coin weir about the sale of the club 

Going by yesterday's statement, a sum circa 700000 from unbudgeted transfers had to balance the books. What kind of model are this current and previous board following, the one across the river? That itself is one of the most worrying aspects of this sorry episode 

1 minute ago, MonehJags said:

Going by yesterday's statement, a sum circa 700000 from unbudgeted transfers had to balance the books. What kind of model are this current and previous board following, the one across the river? That itself is one of the most worrying aspects of this sorry episode 

I know why you are saying that but I don’t think that’s what they were saying .....I don’t actually think we could have spend what we have on the squad plus £700k just not believable 

26 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to look at what’s in or not in these statements  as opposed to them just putting something out .....however transformational 

Hi javeajag, just saying we asked for a statement from our current board. We now have 2. Not sure what else can be said. Only time will tell if this is a good thing or bad thing for our team. Obviously I hope no matter how it ends, it benefits Thistle.

3 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Hi javeajag, just saying we asked for a statement from our current board. We now have 2. Not sure what else can be said. Only time will tell if this is a good thing or bad thing for our team. Obviously I hope no matter how it ends, it benefits Thistle.

Sure....I just think they could say and explain a lot more if they wanted to.....the sooner we can hear from the new owners the better

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Sure....I just think they could say and explain a lot more if they wanted to.....the sooner we can hear from the new owners the better

Agree. Its the rumours and counter rumours. Never boring supporting the Jags. As I have said lets hope come Friday we can get 3 points and Friday night /Saturday we are talking about a good display on the park.

17 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

"most of which has been answered?????? Buses and transfer kitty?. That's just piffle, you're using that as smoke screen. The real issue is the take over to which they are saying nothing. 

Do you have to own shares to count?

If you've no shares does your opinion mean nothing and cos you have shares you should be unaccountable? Utter tosh from you once again. Agenda driven posts.

One thing I do agree with is the share holders put their money where their mouths were and helped save the club. They are due their money back and if they make a profit, fair enough. Best wishes to them and thanks for their efforts.

What you are failing grasp  or choosing to forget, they are in a privileged position, due to their hard work they accumulated wealth and managed to be able to afford their shares in a club they love. I'd love to have the spare finance to do the same. But that doesn't allow them to dismiss people like me and treat people like me as idiots. Their integrity and reputation will count for nothing if they cash in at the expense of the future of our club. Perhaps that doesn't matter to people like you or them. We are the lifeblood of this club. Without the fans you can shut the doors, but you seem to be suggesting we are getting above ourselves and should just accept our lot and doff our caps. No chance.

Emotive nonsense - the takeover is ongoing - its with the SFA - there is due diligence - how are they beimg dismissive or treating people like idiots - there was a Press Article the substantive issues were answered within 24 Hours ?  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, javeajag said:

A better question is why it took Beattie months to engage with coin weir about the sale of the club 

Another question you would ask , why would you think taking Colin Weirs representative ( Jaqui Low ) off the Board in the way you did not affect future funding from your benefactor ?

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Believe that was covered and  subsequently covered again - lest we forget the statement on not chasing promotion was from a "Firhill Insider" - that could be someone who works in the Pie Stalls ?  

Doesn’t really matter JJ , we’ve got as much chance of promotion as me winning the Lottery 

• admin locked this topic