New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Gerry stated last Season it was circa £1MN so your are correct - however David Kelly stated at the AGM that it we had a £2.5 MN  Club Budget for last Season 

And we seem to have a Budget thats difficult to balance this Season - so No idea whats going on but thats if we only spent £1MN on the Squad - what was the other £1.5MN for ?   

Oh and that’s  club revenue of £2.5m to which you need to add Lindsay and Fitzpatrick to ? Minus £1m on the squad that £2m we spent plus some to be in deficit .....just not believable 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

They did .....most people here totally confused after the statements yesterday and the club ceo said yesterday the managers budget has nit been cut which means to go along with your point the player budget was £1m out if a revenue line above £2m 

On that we agree - Player Budget only 50% of Club Turnover - and Fitzy & Liam Transfer Money ( which Im assuming is £200K ) used to balance the books - something isnt stacking up ?   

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

On that we agree - Player Budget only 50% of Club Turnover - and Fitzy & Liam Transfer Money ( which Im assuming is £200K ) used to balance the books - something isnt stacking up ?   

Balance the books ......where were we overspending then because it’s not in the squad is it ?

Oh and that’s  club revenue of £2.5m to which you need to add Lindsay and Fitzpatrick to ? Minus £1m on the squad that £2m we spent plus some to be in deficit .....just not believable 

That was forecasted revenue & expenditure  - not  actual revenue & expenditure  ?  

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Jesus so us everything else .....admission prices, players wages etc that’s a ludicrous  comment 

Nope - in real terms there has been very little inflation over the last few Years  - so a £200K increase is about the same as promotion Year in real terms 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Balance the books ......where were we overspending then because it’s not in the squad is it ?

I have no idea ? might have been paying over the odds for poor players ? Staff Cuts - circa 7 only happened in May so thats at least £300K of costs including NI Pensions etc etc   

53 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

You don’t know that, you’re simply interpreting what was said to suit your preferred stance.

That’s pretty much what was said. Don’t think it needed interpretation. 

Dont think you are a stranger to the phrase “preferred stance”. We all are. Which is why we need to stop squabbling and focus on coming together behind the trust’s to have a unified voice of the majority of fans views which may not be the same as my preference, or yours, but would at least be representative of the majority. 

If anyone knows more than is in public domain about finances they aren’t going to repeat it on here anyway, to be shouted down and called beatties love child so what’s the point  

8 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Nope - in real terms there has been very little inflation over the last few Years  - so a £200K increase is about the same as promotion Year in real terms 

Really what’s the inflation rate on match day tickets ? We are talking about football related inflation not general economic inflation 

8 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I have no idea ? might have been paying over the odds for poor players ? Staff Cuts - circa 7 only happened in May so thats at least £300K of costs including NI Pensions etc etc   

You seem in the one hand to be very clear about the finances as though you know something and then you say you have no idea 

so the proposition is we have spent £1m to £1,5m apart from £1m on the squad , budget vs actual plus the money from Lindsay and Fitzpatrick and will most likely have a deficit at the end of the financial year 

i find that very unconvincing 

24 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Something doesn’t sound right to me , if you take into account last seasons prize money from the Premier League , parachute payments of which there is one of 250k this year as well and into the bargain we had a Cup run last year 

30 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Something doesn’t sound right to me , if you take into account last seasons prize money from the Premier League , parachute payments of which there is one of 250k this year as well and into the bargain we had a Cup run last year 

Yep where did it all go ?! 

55 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

He left around the August ? 

And why are you stating David Beattie and I are mates -why is this about David Beattie ? its about what the future is going to look like - I support change - David Beattie if it happens wont be part of that future ?  

Without getting into the personal stuff David Beattie is key to this as he is the driving force behind the removal of the board and the takeover going by the responses from the Q and A and the various statements, which some of the board weren't even aware of. 

Apparently the removal of previous board was via anEGM which the Jags Trust backed too. Or at least their shareholding was brought to the table? By who?

On the same side the statements in the press from the previous board are In my mind no doubt stemming from Jaqui Low. This going by some of the information which I've only heard directly from her.

Maybe if those two could be stood down the board and fans can get to work on looking to the future?

I'm not against a takeover per se despite it will bring it's own challenges.

However a member of the board stated it's only a 50/50 to go through as things stand with various hurdles to be overcome.

If Beattie and Low could stop their apparent feud and take a back seat it could be better for all concerned?

If the takeover doesn't happen we could get Colin Weir back on board but I feel that isn't an option with Mr Beattie at the helm? 

5 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Without getting into the personal stuff David Beattie is key to this as he is the driving force behind the removal of the board and the takeover going by the responses from the Q and A and the various statements, which some of the board weren't even aware of. 

Apparently the removal of previous board was via anEGM which the Jags Trust backed too. Or at least their shareholding was brought to the table? By who?

On the same side the statements in the press from the previous board are In my mind no doubt stemming from Jaqui Low. This going by some of the information which I've only heard directly from her.

Maybe if those two could be stood down the board and fans can get to work on looking to the future?

However a member of the board stated it's only a 50/50 to go through as things stand with various hurdles to be overcome.

If Beattie and Low could stop their apparent feud and take a back seat it could be better for all concerned?

If the takeover doesn't happen we could get Colin Weir back on board but I feel that isn't an option with Mr Beattie at the helm? 

Don’t think the Colin Weir thing will happen again , the trust has gone ,  I’m sure also that Colin Weir was dealing with GB with the old Board, now of course GB is working with the new Board 

Bizarre situation 

14 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Ok In my opinion there is far too much being made about Coil Weir - he wasnt funding the Club - he cleared the debt - but we were already trading profitably and it was coming down steadily - Yes we have Thistle  Weir - its impact on the squad - hard to say - and the training ground is no longer - but we never had it - so nothing has changed - the Club cannot make decisions based on a benefactor - its as simple as that - we survived long before Colin Weir and will be here for a long time after he has decided not to get involved - I see no benefit in some sort of Peace Pack between JLo and David Beattie - Beattie is here until the takover happens ( or not ) if it doesnt go through - Im pretty convinced the Shareholders will elect a New Board - previous incumbents very much doubt will be involved - that Ship has sailed - for the future Health of the Club Im 100% against Colin Weir being involved again - we need to stand on our own two feet - no more benefactors or patrons         

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Jesus so us everything else .....admission prices, players wages etc that’s a ludicrous  comment 

We have a £200K uplift - that sounds about correct to cover general uplifts - if we are paying more for a poorer squad than when we got promoted thats a different story - but its not a budget issue 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

You seem in the one hand to be very clear about the finances as though you know something and then you say you have no idea 

so the proposition is we have spent £1m to £1,5m apart from £1m on the squad , budget vs actual plus the money from Lindsay and Fitzpatrick and will most likely have a deficit at the end of the financial year 

i find that very unconvincing 

Thats the numbers in the Public domain  - you were at the AGM same as me - but it was FORECAST revenue - so that could indicate they were over optimistic on revenue -  plus we carried seven more staff than we have this Year 

I've done my best not to get involved in any of this due to not having any shares, and it being clear that a number of posters purport to have some knowledge of the goings on which is far superior to mine..

However, one issue perplexes me - Gerry Britton is not looking good in all of this. He's been CE over too many cluster****s since we finished top 6. And if anything it's got worse since Ian Maxwell left.

Is that a coincidence?

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Gerry stated last Season it was circa £1MN so your are correct - however David Kelly stated at the AGM that it we had a £2.5 MN  Club Budget for last Season 

And we seem to have a Budget thats difficult to balance this Season - so No idea whats going on but thats if we only spent £1MN on the Squad - what was the other £1.5MN for ?   

Archie and Scotts payoffs?  Payoffs for the dud players that we got rid of in January?

11 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok In my opinion there is far too much being made about Coil Weir - he wasnt funding the Club - he cleared the debt - but we were already trading profitably and it was coming down steadily - Yes we have Thistle  Weir - its impact on the squad - hard to say - and the training ground is no longer - but we never had it - so nothing has changed - the Club cannot make decisions based on a benefactor - its as simple as that - we survived long before Colin Weir and will be here for a long time after he has decided not to get involved - I see no benefit in some sort of Peace Pack between JLo and David Beattie - Beattie is here until the takover happens ( or not ) if it doesnt go through - Im pretty convinced the Shareholders will elect a New Board - previous incumbents very much doubt will be involved - that Ship has sailed - for the future Health of the Club Im 100% against Colin Weir being involved again - we need to stand on our own two feet - no more benefactors or patrons         

How do you know  the finances that Colin Weir donated and were meant to be ring fenced for the Academy actually went there .

I’m of the opinion it didn’t all go to the Academy, it’s a huge loss to our Club especially after a relegation, you’re right that the Club should be sustainable by itself but if this supposed takeover doesn’t happen, I believe we’ll end up as a part time football club in the next couple of years .

Colin Weir is a huge loss to the Club at this moment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

If the take over does not happen who will take over as Beattie and the current Board have stated they are only here temporarily and there does not appear to be any other parties willing interested

2 hours ago, jaf said:

Not that confusing. He had trimmed some operational costs to get back to breakeven budget. (After the transfer monies had reduced the significant deficit considerably). 

I recall no reference to the operational costs at all from him, but rather a suggestion that the playing budget had to be moved, whether that was reference to the £200,000 from the sales of Liam and Aidan having to be relocated to pay off the shortfall I am unclear 

But as you say we could be round in circles all day, I do agree that something needs to be done with the Trusts because its becoming more and more like a civil war now and that is really is going to damage the club even more than it is now

5 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

If the take over does not happen who will take over as Beattie and the current Board have stated they are only here temporarily and there does not appear to be any other parties willing interested

We will have a Board elected by the Shareholders to run the Club - they wont have any shares - therefore no different from the previous Board - Im assuming they will look for Directors from our Fan Base to run the place - that shouldn't be hard to do  - Im guessing David Kelly - Ian Dodds & Malcolm Cannon will stay on - so its just three Directors maybe four -  not that much different from what we had in the past - you in the main recruit a Board from your  Fan Base  

12 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

How do you know  the finances that Colin Weir donated and were meant to be ring fenced for the Academy actually went there .

I’m of the opinion it didn’t all go to the Academy, it’s a huge loss to our Club especially after a relegation, you’re right that the Club should be sustainable by itself but if this supposed takeover doesn’t happen, I believe we’ll end up as a part time football club in the next couple of years .

Colin Weir is a huge loss to the Club at this moment.

Because JLo clearly stated Colin Weir did not finance the Club - The Thistle Weir Academy is a separate legal entity with its own Board and accounts - if Part Time is what we can afford well thats life but we at least  are on our own - not beholding to someone ? If Colin Weir wants to buy the Club fair enough - the Benefactor thing isnt really how things work  _ Im of the opinion  its a positive move he is no longer involved - we now deal with reality on finances 

• admin locked this topic