New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

3 minutes ago, Lindau said:

What financial position are we in? Do you know things us mere mortals don’t? The board have said they had no complaints about the way the previous board were running the club. Any club in Scotland would take Colin Weir at their club in a heartbeat yet we have a board that chased him out because of a takeover that seems more unlikely than likely to happen and fans that think it’s not a nice situation to have him around. Unbelievable!!

They have announced a deficit that needs to be plugged. Hence why Caldwell will have to go with his dud signings.

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We did not have any say in how the Youth Set Up was being Funded - that was outsourced to a Benefactor who could pull funding at short notice - which he did  - if Funding is controlled by the Club its then forecast and factored in as a long term process  - if that means we cut back elsewhere to fund it - then thats life - currently it could be gone completely because its been cut off overnight  

He would still be there if Beattie hadn’t set the sheriff officers on his board representative 

3 minutes ago, Lindau said:

What financial position are we in? Do you know things us mere mortals don’t? The board have said they had no complaints about the way the previous board were running the club. Any club in Scotland would take Colin Weir at their club in a heartbeat yet we have a board that chased him out because of a takeover that seems more unlikely than likely to happen and fans that think it’s not a nice situation to have him around. Unbelievable!!

It was stated at the Q&A there was a Significant Budget deficit that had to be filled by the Transfer Money from Fitz & Liam . 

Also Im not aware the Club "chased " away Colin Weir - thats nonsense it was also stated regards the Frustration of not being  able to discuss Plans with Colin Weir - Im reading that as they didnt get to sit down and speak to him - and before people say why not ? His contact details are I would imagine in a very very tight group - most contact with people like that are either via there Lawyers or PR Companies   

So your jumping to conclusions ref Colin Weir 

1 minute ago, Lindau said:

He would still be there if Beattie hadn’t set the sheriff officers on his board representative 

So. You countenance the previous board to continuing to overspend on budgets, paying people off to give monies to a manager with a pretty dire track record? And the expect that to be constantly bailed out by a benefactor. How big would this deficit get before Weir said enough is enough and leave us in a right mess?

17 hours ago, javeajag said:

Because you are talking mince .... the academy has zero to do with any deficit ...we are exposed because your mate Beattie mis managed the relationship with Colin weir 

im also reserving judgement on the apparent deficit until we know exactly how much it was and what caused it unless you can tell us ? 

We are exposed because we ran a structure that could have Funding pulled overnight  - you have zero info to back up your statement regards the management of Colin Weir - it was repeatedly stated regards the frustration of not being able to sit down with Colin Weir and discuss Plans directly with him   

Deficit - simple - your Forecast Income is based on a set of assumptions - what these assumptions are based on is whatever you decide - however given that David Kelly has balanced the Budgets for circa 7 Year and we have had a long period of Financial Stability under him - Im more than happy to take go with his Budgets 

15 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

They have announced a deficit that needs to be plugged. Hence why Caldwell will have to go with his dud signings.

A deficit that needs to be plugged urgently so they can sell the club to a multi billionaire consortium.  Now we are told that is more unlikely to happen than happen. That worries me more than Colin Weir giving us occasional hand outs. Lets see what the AGM  comes up with regarding this deficit. 

31 minutes ago, Lindau said:

A deficit that needs to be plugged urgently so they can sell the club to a multi billionaire consortium.  Now we are told that is more unlikely to happen than happen. That worries me more than Colin Weir giving us occasional hand outs. Lets see what the AGM  comes up with regarding this deficit. 

If it is unlikely to happen , then surely it makes sense to plug that deficit.

3 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

100% completely true.

The Weirs money should have been ring fenced and kept for those 'aspirational' parts of running PTFC [ for example a well run youth programme, a woman's team, community based sports sponsorships etc etc]

It sounds [IMO] like the Weirs were drawn into the day to day financing of PTFC and were too polite to define the line between where they were prepared to get involved financially, and did not want to be involved.

That is speculation and has been denied specifically 

45 minutes ago, Lindau said:

No a deficit that needs to be plugged urgently - Sale or No Sale - the two are not related 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We did not have any say in how the Youth Set Up was being Funded - that was outsourced to a Benefactor who could pull funding at short notice - which he did  - if Funding is controlled by the Club its then forecast and factored in as a long term process  - if that means we cut back elsewhere to fund it - then thats life - currently it could be gone completely because its been cut off overnight  

Complete nonsense.

How did we not have any say in how the Youth set up was being funded.? Colin Weir said he would fund the Youth Academy- PTFC accepted that offer. If Colin Weir was not funding it PTFC had a choice- do we have a Youth Academy- Yes or NO? If Yes- how do we fund it? That is exactly the same position we now find ourselves in.

So by your logic - when Colin Weir came along and offered to fund the Youth Academy. PTFC should have said " No its alright Colin we don't want your money because at some time in the future you might withdraw it. We would rather be self sufficient and fund everything from our internally generated resources"

Do you not understand that by doing that we would have had to find the money for the Youth academy from elsewhere- ie Player, toilet rolls or pie budgets??

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Fair enough if you are a director with a vested interest. But to constantly rely on a benefactor is dangerous. This seems to have led us to the financial position we are in.

Any evidence to support that as it has been specifically denied 

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t you think with Colin Weir’s 2.5 million pounds into the Club over the last 5 years we should be in a good position financially.

If we’re not it’s mismanagement to quite a large extent.

I think you will find that went to paying off our debt and the academy 

No Colin weir provided funding over a three year period and we ran the academy ... we could have spent less that’s how much control the club had because it was run by the club !!!!

maybe pissing off Colin weir should have been thought about it 

but why worry ... according to Beattie the consortiums budiness model is to develop young players and sell them on so you should be happy which might also explain why Colin weir thought he was superfluous to requirements 

It was stated at the Q&A there was a Significant Budget deficit that had to be filled by the Transfer Money from Fitz & Liam . 

Also Im not aware the Club "chased " away Colin Weir - thats nonsense it was also stated regards the Frustration of not being  able to discuss Plans with Colin Weir - Im reading that as they didnt get to sit down and speak to him - and before people say why not ? His contact details are I would imagine in a very very tight group - most contact with people like that are either via there Lawyers or PR Companies   

So your jumping to conclusions ref Colin Weir 

We don’t know how big the deficit is and what caused it and I wonder if we will ever really know and clearly you don’t either

well I might be pissed  off if...

you enter into talks to sell the club and don’t tell me 

the guys you want to sell to have a business model of developing young players and I’m funding the academy 

you change the board and don’t tell me 

you lie about financial mismanagement 

9 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

£300K of additional funding had been agreed for a Promo Push in January - any idea where the likely source of the £300K was likely to be ?  

Nope as I haven’t seen the accounts do don’t know .... if you don’t know stop making things up 

11 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

£300K of additional funding had been agreed for a Promo Push in January - any idea where the likely source of the £300K was likely to be ?  

No - do you?

If you are implying it was from Colin Weir- so what??

If he did not provide the money - either we would have had to find it from elsewhere OR there would be no Promo Push.

I really don't see why you find this so difficult to comprehend. If you want a Mars bar and your Mum gives you money - you can buy a Mars bar. If she does not give you the money- either you use your dinner money ( meaning you don't get any dinner) or you don't have a Mars bar. Its all about allocating resources .

Just now, Emsca said:

No - do you?

If he did not provide the money - either we would have had to find it from elsewhere OR there would be no Promo Push.

I really don't see why you find this so difficult to comprehend. If you want a Mars bar and your Mum gives you money - you can buy a Mars bar. If she does not give you the money- either you use your dinner money ( meaning you don't get any dinner) or you don't have a Mars bar. Its all about allocating resources .

The problem with his position is that solely that Colin weir is not a director but a benefactor if he gave money but was in the Board it would be ok ....it’s bonkers thinking 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emsca said:

No - do you?

Think we need 4 Mars bars to complete our team 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• admin locked this topic