New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

Its clear JJ that you want your old board pals to get as much money as they can get their hands on by selling the club to an unknown quantity. I get that. What I don’t get is your constant undermining of Weir and what he has done for the club and why him being involved in the club is not the way any club should be run, when not one club in Scotland, bar Celtic, would not want him involved at their club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No a deficit that needs to be plugged urgently - Sale or No Sale - the two are not related 

The budget deficit is based on the revenue forecasts. Change the forecast and you have or don't have a deficit. Clearly the current board have changed what they expected to receive in income which has created this deficit which was not there when the previous board were sitting. Why they did this can only be because they expect it to ease the sale. The two are therefor very much related.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lindau said:

Its clear JJ that you want your old board pals to get as much money as they can get their hands on by selling the club to an unknown quantity. I get that. What I don’t get is your constant undermining of Weir and what he has done for the club and why him being involved in the club is not the way any club should be run, when not one club in Scotland, bar Celtic, would not want him involved at their club. 

So how does discussing budget deficits equate to me wanting “ my pals” to make money 

Show me where Ive “undermined” Colin Weir ? ive stated that basing your income on a benefactor is high risk - which it is - funding for the Youth Academy has been pulled overnight ? 

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So how does discussing budget deficits equate to me wanting “ my pals” to make money 

Show me where Ive “undermined” Colin Weir ? ive stated that basing your income on a benefactor is high risk - which it is - funding for the Youth Academy has been pulled overnight ? 

The benefactor is a Partick Thistle fan who did not look for a return on his money. That too me is less risky than a billionaire who is not a Partick Thistle fan whose priority is to make money over the welfare of the clu

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

The benefactor is a Partick Thistle fan who did not look for a return on his money. That too me is less risky than a billionaire who is not a Partick Thistle fan whose priority is to make money over the welfare of the clu

Exactly! From the minute you (JJ) posted on this thread it’s clear you have no time for Weir, or his 6 numbers (actually it was 7) or what he has done for the club. That’s fair enough, that’s your entitlement. I am still waiting to hear who out there will be interested in funding the club/academy if this takeover falls through because it’s clear Beattie and Co don’t want to be involved. Think that should worry any Jags supporter more than Colin Weir being involved

Edited by Lindau

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Keep going.....a Thistle fan helps clear the debt and funds the academy for 3 years and then an additional period with the aim of it being self sufficient his was never an open ended commitment .....apparently to you this is a bad thing but if he had been a director it would have been a good thing .....warped 

Edited by javeajag

42 minutes ago, Lindau said:

Exactly! From the minute you posted on this thread it’s clear you have no time for Weir, or his 6 numbers (actually it was 7) or what he has done for the club. That’s fair enough, that’s your entitlement. I am still waiting to hear who out there will be interested in funding the club/academy if this takeover falls through because it’s clear Beattie and Co don’t want to be involved. Think that should worry any Jags supporter more than Colin Weir being involved

Not sure if your mixing me up with someone else such as Jordanhill Jag but I have lots of time for Colin Weir in fact I wish he was remaining with the club.

It’s David Beatties pushing through the takeover at all costs that’s a bit concerning for me and the civil war that seems to have broken out on both sides.  Concerning about the signings being axed who were certainly going to make a huge difference to our attempts at promotion and last but not least the constant contradictions.

contradictions over budgets, over if Colin Weir had been apparently contacted, even contradictions when Norman springford said he had no concerns over the old board financially and would never have signed off on the statement that was issued a couple of weeks ago (presumably by Beattie).  

Even minor contradictions like why I’m paying into the players fund which says these are to help the manager sign players- when there is clearly an embargo on being able to sign players.

the morale of the players and the fans feels so low at present 

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Not sure if your mixing me up with someone else such as Jordanhill Jag but I have lots of time for Colin Weir in fact I wish he was remaining with the club.

It’s David Beatties pushing through the takeover at all costs that’s a bit concerning for me and the civil war that seems to have broken out on both sides.  Concerning about the signings being axed who were certainly going to make a huge difference to our attempts at promotion and last but not least the constant contradictions.

contradictions over budgets, over if Colin Weir had been apparently contacted, even contradictions when Norman springford said he had no concerns over the old board financially and would never have signed off on the statement that was issued a couple of weeks ago (presumably by Beattie).  

Even minor contradictions like why I’m paying into the players fund which says these are to help the manager sign players- when there is clearly an embargo on being able to sign players.

the morale of the players and the fans feels so low at present 

Sorry mate I have rectified that. I agree with your post but the rest of the rant was aimed at our resident jag from Jordanhill!!

9 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The budget deficit is based on the revenue forecasts. Change the forecast and you have or don't have a deficit. Clearly the current board have changed what they expected to receive in income which has created this deficit which was not there when the previous board were sitting. Why they did this can only be because they expect it to ease the sale. The two are therefor very much related.

Sorry this is just ridiculous. 

It will ease the sale if we look less sustainable and less able to balance the books?   It’s more likely to derail the sale during FDD  

13 hours ago, javeajag said:

We don’t know how big the deficit is and what caused it and I wonder if we will ever really know and clearly you don’t either

well I might be pissed  off if...

you enter into talks to sell the club and don’t tell me 

the guys you want to sell to have a business model of developing young players and I’m funding the academy 

you change the board and don’t tell me 

you lie about financial mismanagement 

Ok so No attempt on any level was made to speak to Colin Weir in advance - and then you make up a story about a Budget deficit - ok fair enough 

8 hours ago, Lindau said:

Exactly! From the minute you (JJ) posted on this thread it’s clear you have no time for Weir, or his 6 numbers (actually it was 7) or what he has done for the club. That’s fair enough, that’s your entitlement. I am still waiting to hear who out there will be interested in funding the club/academy if this takeover falls through because it’s clear Beattie and Co don’t want to be involved. Think that should worry any Jags supporter more than Colin Weir being involved

Show me where in anyway Ive said that I have No Time for Colin weir - Ive questioned the rationale of being funded on a basis that it can be stopped overnight - the reason is irrelevant - the fact major funding can cease with a few hours notice is not a sustainable model on any level - for anything    

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

Keep going.....a Thistle fan helps clear the debt and funds the academy for 3 years and then an additional period with the aim of it being self sufficient his was never an open ended commitment .....apparently to you this is a bad thing but if he had been a director it would have been a good thing .....warped 

But the funding can  be pulled at a moments notice - how is that a good thing ?  

8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

For them to make money the Club has to be successful - why is that a bad thing ?  

13 hours ago, javeajag said:

Nope as I haven’t seen the accounts do don’t know .... if you don’t know stop making things up 

It was stated in the Press Statement by the previous Directors that they had lined up an additional  £300K of funding for a Promo Push if required - which would suggest it was in addition to current budget income - its nothing to do with the Accounts  nor is it made up - so where do you think it was going to come from ?   A Loan - a Donation - further Share Issue ? 

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

If he was a Director he is governed by fiduciary duty - as a Benefactor there are No rules - therefore the Club has an exposure and risk which it has no control over  

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

It was stated in the Press Statement by the previous Directors that they had lined up an additional  £300K of funding for a Promo Push if required - which would suggest it was in addition to current budget income - its nothing to do with the Accounts  nor is it made up - so where do you think it was going to come from ?   A Loan - a Donation - further Share Issue ? 

Obviously they has a whip round in the Alan Rough lounge.

• admin locked this topic