New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

54 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

Post on Social media tonight saying the takeover is happening this week,but the post appears to have been edited or removed

I spoke with David Beattie prior to the game and he said he has so many decisions to make about on and off the field issues. He also stated the AGM would be "very interesting". He did not give the impression the ownership issue would be resolved in the near future.

8 hours ago, mad-jag said:

Was anyone present at the meeting tonight between the club and the supporters groups? If so a wee update on those discussions would be much appreciated. 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-meeting-16th-september-2019/

Thistle For Ever have posted to say they will post some updates in the next couple of days ....guess it was arranged as the agm is next week and possible announcement 

12 hours ago, elevenone said:

Euromillions draw tmrw night has a jackpot of £152m.  Should be enough for one of us to be the new Colin Weir.  Granted the odds are 140,000,000-1  but that seems more likely than this takeover happening anytime soon.

Yaaaaass!  Winner!  The "Lambies Lost Doo" bing will be named next season. 

(A few years later I'll take the huff and put coaches out of work and take away football for hundreds of kids.  All the power with none of the respondibility.  I will also buy The Waverley and burn it on the Clyde).

9 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

We now have 3 supporters groups.  3! 

Correct me if I'm wrong: I had not understood Thistle For Ever to be a supporters' group, but rather a vehicle whose specific purpose is fan ownership.

I agree, though. It's disappointing to have two supporters' groups, with neither of them really doing much to visibily represent the interests of the supporters.

Having spent some time with the Jags Trust many years ago, I can see it from both sides. By one reading, we get the fan association(s) we deserve. For all the hot air and indignation on internet forums, very few people are actually willing to give up their time and engage beyond a Saturday between 3 and 5pm. That's inevitably going to impact on the quality of the output.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, elevenone said:

Euromillions draw tmrw night has a jackpot of £152m.  Should be enough for one of us to be the new Colin Weir.  Granted the odds are 140,000,000-1  but that seems more likely than this takeover happening anytime soon.

Ah but there's 2000 of us that brings it down to 70 000-1. It's coming home.

PTFC Trust statement ....

PTFC Trust Update - On Behalf of the Supporters Trustees

Following the launch of their plan to build a bid for a community owned Partick Thistle, Thistle For Ever two weeks ago today contacted us (along with the Club and the Jags Trust) requesting to meet to discuss their proposals.  Consistent with our approach, where we have expressed a desire to meet with Paul Conway and his consortium to discuss their plans for the Club, we were also keen to meet Thistle For Ever to ensure that any viable and credible group wishing to invest in our Club is given the chance to discuss their plans. Given that the PTFC Trust Board is constituted with both Supporter and Club Trustees we approached the Club to request that both Club and Supporter Trustees meet TFE jointly, which they agreed to. Given that our aim is for supporters to be afforded as much information as possible during the process of a possible transfer of shares, we were delighted that representatives of the Jags Trust were also invited and attended.

At the meeting last night (Monday 16 September) David Beattie firstly stated that (as outlined in the Club statement) ‘The board of Partick Thistle Football Club remain and always will be happy to meet with any individual or organisation with ideas or suggestions they believe are for the betterment of the Club’, before time was afforded to Thistle For Ever to discuss their proposals, where they outlined their progress to date, what a community owned Partick Thistle would look like and how their model works at other clubs in Scotland. There then followed a question and answer session and subsequent agreement between David Beattie and Thistle For Ever that TFE should put together a detailed proposal which would then be considered by the Club Board. We, the PTFC Trust Supporter Trustees, welcome this development and will seek to be involved in discussions where appropriate.

Following the discussion on Thistle For Ever there was a discussion on the current status of the consortium negotiations and it was outlined that the Club are in discussions with the SFA with regard to the proposals. We again (together with the Jags Trust representatives) reiterated our desire to meet with the consortium to discuss their proposals prior to a deal being signed (as outlined in our previous statement) to allow supporters to understand what any deal will mean for the future of our Club. David Beattie promised to approach the consortium to arrange a meeting when it was appropriate, and there was no concern expressed by David that the consortium would not welcome such a meeting.

The PTFC Trust Supporters Trustees welcome that the interested parties were able to meet to discuss the future of the Club, and that actions were taken to further advance this work.  As representatives of a 19.28% shareholding in Partick Thistle (the single largest shareholding) we will continue to represent supporters and engage with parties interested in the best future for the Club. We will continue to update supporters when possible.

As ever you can contact us on Twitter (@ptfctrust) and Facebook.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sandy said:

It’s still all smoke & mirrors imho 

I really like the idea of a fans' buyout, but like you Sandy I remain sceptical whilst keeping an open mind.

My real, honest, genuine, problem about it is the mind-set of some of the fans who would be in charge following a buyout; it has taken some of them all of 11 months to realise we had an absolute turkey in charge of the playing side - the verbal pounding some of us have taken for having the audacity to criticise the manager who dragged us down to the bottom of the table and kept us there; people were still defending JLo until very recently; and even as late at the Montrose game there was some demented clown on here describing critics of Big Bawface as 'quislings' and 'liars' (complete non-sequitur) - again for having the audacity to suggest he might not be the man to lead us to promotion.

That's not the sort of 'fan' I want running the club (that's not the sort of fan I want anywhere near Firhill, but that's another story).

As for the alarming and oft-expressed agnosticism towards the idea that those running the club should have some business experience, well ….

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I really like the idea of a fans' buyout, but like you Sandy I remain sceptical whilst keeping an open mind.

My real, honest, genuine, problem about it is the mind-set of some of the fans who would be in charge following a buyout; it has taken some of them all of 11 months to realise we had an absolute turkey in charge of the playing side - the verbal pounding some of us have taken for having the audacity to criticise the manager who dragged us down to the bottom of the table and kept us there; people were still defending JLo until very recently; and even as late at the Montrose game there was some demented clown on here describing critics of Big Bawface as 'quislings' and 'liars' (complete non-sequitur) - again for having the audacity to suggest he might not be the man to lead us to promotion.

That's not the sort of 'fan' I want running the club (that's not the sort of fan I want anywhere near Firhill, but that's another story).

As for the alarming and oft-expressed agnosticism towards the idea that those running the club should have some business experience, well ….

There’s been supporters on both sides of the arguments that have just been as bad. It’s not that one side has been complete angels and saints, and I realise I was as bad as anyone.

hopefully everyone will be united behind the new manager and the club can move in the right direction 

• Like 1

Wasn't meant to be a dig at anyone least of all your good self, more to explain my lack of faith in some (but not all) fan's judgement. Leaving aside specifics, if you think manager A is a dud, but fans X, Y, and Z support him, you wouldn't want them running the entire club. Common sense.

Agree about uniting behind the interim triumvirate.

His sacking gives me a personal problem: I wasn't intending to go to the Pars game - had had enough - and said I'd take spouse out. Now desperate to go to the game, and will have to do a bit of crawling!

14 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Wasn't meant to be a dig at anyone least of all your good self, more to explain my lack of faith in some (but not all) fan's judgement. Leaving aside specifics, if you think manager A is a dud, but fans X, Y, and Z support him, you wouldn't want them running the entire club. Common sense.

His sacking gives me a personal problem: I wasn't intending to go to the Pars game - had had enough - and said I'd take spouse out. Now desperate to go to the game, and will have to do a bit of crawling!

To be fair you probably would have been entitled to have a dig at me.

Hopefully you get to the game mate and see an important win and is starting to climb the table.

onwards and upw:thumbsup2:ards 

Just now, Semi Nurainen said:

Treat the spouse to a good Saturday night out, to celebrate 3points for Thistle on Saturday afternoon.

• admin locked this topic