New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

12 minutes ago, delurker said:

TfE have communicated openly and non-stop with the fans, publishing info and answering questions directly via all channels open to them.

Contrast with the consortium, who have not only not given any information but, as PTFC Trust statements have made clear, have actively refused requests from our board to meet the fan trusts.

I asked them if there had been any Contact via them or anyone supporting them with Members of the Previous Board - it was a simple Yes /No question - they answer was shall we say Wooly"  and didnt answer the question  

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

I notice your not addressing the fact that Beattie has said he has done no due diligence on the consortium while being upset at six jag fans who sit six rows from you in the jhs 

The fact they are six Jags Fans is irrelevant - Ive  asked  the amount of cash they have pledged to date - its a simple reasonable question ? 

Then we can compare it to the St Mirren Pledges a comparable Club - Im sure as they are an Open Organisation TFE will have No issue of providing the info   

I also asked them ( directly )  if they or any Supporters & Associates of there Group had been in Contact with any members of the previous Board - still waiting on a straight answer ?  

These are reasonable questions - so they can answer them  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

I notice your not addressing the fact that Beattie has said he has done no due diligence on the consortium while being upset at six jag fans who sit six rows from you in the jhs 

I wasn't at the meeting - so I have no idea of the discussion that took place or the nature of the question - Im sure it will come up at the AGM - in an Open Forum where everyone hears the question and the answer - Norman Springford  - Billy Allan - No due diligence - sorry its not in there nature not to do checks - so lets see whats said at the AGM 

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Colin Weir, having already sunk millions into Thistle with no obvious signs of wanting personal gain, now offers to cover the costs for the club going into ownership by fans, and suddenly JJ comes up with all sorts of "questions." Quelle surprise.

Just because Colin Weir backs it does not automatically mean its a Good Thing for the Club - as Ive said where is the support for the TFE Plan - how much do they have in pledges to date - thats  the measure - not lots of PR - and funny enough the day after Beattie is getting praised this just so happens to get put out ? Not that there is a PR Plan etc etc   

9 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I asked them if there had been any Contact via them or anyone supporting them with Members of the Previous Board - it was a simple Yes /No question - they answer was shall we say Wooly"  and didnt answer the question  

Interesting; since they now have Colin Weir's backing, I can imagine they had to go via them to contact him.

8 minutes ago, delurker said:

Interesting; since they now have Colin Weir's backing, I can imagine they had to go via them to contact him.

No idea - but at the Q&A session Ronnie Gilfillan stated one of there great frustrations was that they were not able to put the Consortium Bid Direct to Colin Weir - which indicates they never met him ( I may be wrong but thats what I took from it ) So just seems a bit odd that Group of Random Fans managed to get him to  Fund a takeover 

Im sure they will be more than happy to discuss who they contacted and when and who they were communicating with - to date there has been no public meeting with TFE - its all done on Social Media - the Club had a Q&A Session - it was a Carcrash and the Directors involved did there best - but they were honest & open 

There will be an AGM on Thursday - again we can ask questions 

But "communication" with TFE is not in an Open Public Forum - all questions to them are managed with days to prepare a response - unlike the Q&A where they were getting hit with lots of questions ad hoc  

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No idea - but at the Q&A session Ronnie Gilfillan stated one of there great frustrations was that they were not able to put the Consortium Bid Direct to Colin Weir - which indicates they never met him ( I may be wrong but thats what I took from it ) So just seems a bit odd that Group of Random Fans managed to get him to  Fund a takeover 

Im sure they will be more than happy to discuss who they contacted and when and who they were communicating with - to date there has been no public meeting with TFE - its all done on Social Media - the Club had a Q&A Session - it was a Carcrash and the Directors involved did there best - but they were honest & open 

But "communication" with TFE is not in an Open Public Forum - all questions to them are managed with days to prepare a response - unlike the Q&A where they were getting hit with lots of questions ad hoc  

Re. the Q+A, yes, I took the same inference from what RG said.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its very Simple - TFE are putting themselves forward as the spokespeople for the Fans - St Mirren a comparable Club have pledges of 2000 including a Number of Small Businesses - TFE are Claiming "hundreds therefore the measure of there Support is how much has been pledged by Fans - otherwise its a Group of Guys with Colin Weir - so if there "engaging" why arent they stating how much they have in pledges ? 

Poor response tbh don’t rubbish fellow fans put your positive case for the consortium 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You have an agenda jj let’s be honest 

I received an email this morning from TfE, basically an update on what has been happening regarding the proposed Colin Weir backed bid. Top my mind TfE are being as open and transparent as they possibly can be, and if there are questions to be asked they appear to try to answer them fully.

We have an AGM soon, so best get your questions ready for it. If TfE are at the AGM I think they will answer any questions directed towards them, I am not sure I would be able to say the same about New City Capital [but that is just my personal opinion]

41 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I genuinely don't understand your objections to Colin Weir's involvement with the club. You've made it clear on numerous occasions that you don't think his involvement is in the club's best interest, usually, if I'm correct, because you don't think a 'sugar daddy' approach is sustainable long term. Yet there's no doubt his money has made a significantly positive contribution to the club.

What's proposed, as I understand it, is that the club be run along similar lines to what's currently the case, only that the majority shareholders would be the fan consortium.  Colin Weir's involvement would be limited to what's been in place over recent years. Is that not in the best interest of Partick Thistle? 

13 hours ago, mulguy jag said:

My last employers BAE would frequently have what was called  road shows. The entire workforce would be in attendance and all future plans,developments, proposals were presented in a professional way. After the presentation the employees were giving the chance to voice their opinion and ask any relevant questions to try and achieve some clarity.

A similar exercise performed  by both bidding parties would be much appreciated as at the moment we are not getting the full picture, clarity, information in depth ,motives..etc etc. This is a critical period in the clubs history and both bids will have to be fully scrutinised before any decision is made.

Good point, hard to judge when we don't have all the relevant information.

The comments on Paul Goodwin from other fans on Pie and Bovril are certainly alarming. 

Again, this does not detract from the legitimate questions to be asked of New City Capital, but let’s not pretend that Thistle Forever speak on behalf of anyone other than the small circle of people involved. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

Can I just make one point which is not specific to either bid.

Lets us not go down the road of people having agendas or smearing others. Jordanhill Jag is a long standing fan. Paul Goodwin is a fan. The other guys involved with TfE are fans. We are on here because we are fans.

Let us debate (robustly probably) both bids and the merits/negatives of these. Play the ball not the man!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

It strikes me that Paul Goodwin is someone who has been desperate to run a football club, as well as someone who enjoys the publicity (I recall a disastrous appearance on Sportsound a while ago). The organisation that he runs, the SFSA, seems representative of nothing and nobody other than himself, and I fear this might just be the latest vehicle for him. 

The comments on him from other fans are certainly alarming. 

Again, this does not detract from the legitimate questions to be asked of New City Capital, but let’s not pretend that Thistle Forever speak on behalf of anyone other than the small circle of people involved. 

I tend to agree here. Let’s have a bit more transparency from this supporters group - and some detail on how they would propose running the Club if successful at bidding?

13 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Totally agree , we’ve got at this moment a faceless investment company who aren’t really interested in PTFC other than a vehicle to try and make some money by I would imagine trading players, though I can’t see that happening at our level.

If the Club is going to be bought or shares sold , I would much rather have as Jordanhill Jag says “

Thistle minded supporters “ who have got the interests of the Club at heart .

I am a little bit uncomfortable with the term faceless as we know who they are. That’s not to say that they are the right people but your description is prejudicial, I think.

7 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Can I just make one point which is not specific to either bid.

Lets us not go down the road of people having agendas or smearing others. Jordanhill Jag is a long standing fan. Paul Goodwin is a fan. The other guys involved with TfE are fans. We are on here because we are fans.

Let us debate (robustly probably) both bids and the merits/negatives of these. Play the ball not the man!

Fair point! Edited my initial post to keep some personal perspectives out. 

• Like 1

• admin locked this topic