New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

That is what they have done at other 2 clubs.

Whats TfE plan? Ask Weir for more money 

Ok so they haven’t said anything about their plans for Thistle and I wouldn’t assume anything good based on the nice and Barnsley experiences  

they also increased directors fees by 50% at Barnsley (money to themselves )  and have increased their debt 

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

What issues have actually been resolved except we want to buy the club , by all accounts (from AGM) a bid hasn’t even been submitted by them yet

As I understand it they have submitted an outline proposal ....very normal practice and I suspect the consortium started the same way ....you then get into discussions to craft a proposal that will be acceptable to both sides 

now the TFE plan is being funded by Colin weir ..... how is the consortium ( if it still exists) bud being funded ?

37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We should also note that we two different bids in content ....

the money men are not proposing to buy propco (poor them)

the weir bid would buy out propco and return it to the club 

well that rules out them buying the stadium to sell then, unless they want to leave a bing in their plans lol

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

Fans should still be able to have a financial stake in the club. Or are you expecting Colin Weir to continually bank-roll the club?

Nope .....I hope Colin weir doesn’t bank roll the club not a good model.....I think fans buying shares now shifts from doing that to buy the club to looking a development projects ....the bing !

I've not commented on this thread to date. Its bemusing to me that the potential fans buy out seems to be viewed as negative, yet the shadowy consortium bid appears to be a better option because David Beattie is backing it. I really don't know what the best option is but those who say silent should be treated with caution. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Why are actual, real life Thistle fans being held to a far higher standard of expected communication, governance and vision than  some bunch of secretive, shambolic venture capitalists? Seems weird to me but maybe some supporters have their nose out of joint that they weren't ballsy enough to devote the time and energy to this that TFE have already demonstrated their capacity for. I've pledged my ongoing support to them from across land and sea.

Another voice for fan ownership JJ. A few more and you won't be able to say there isn't a groundswell. 

If there is a Groundswell let TFE Publish there exact figures of support ? 

13 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think many people on here know Allan heron who is also mentioned at TFE so let’s not pretend this isn’t a Thistle fan group funded by another Thistle fan unless we are expected to believe Paul Conway dreamt of owning Thistle ....

And so what - a Thistle Fan Group wants to use Colin Weirs Money to buy the Club - if they had used there own Money or managed to convince  enough Fans then it has credibility - but they havent  

Do you stand to benefit in any way if the consortiums bid is accepted JJ? Pardon the question, but you don’t behave like a disinterested party in this conversation.

I’m just a nomad who has pledged my support TFE and believe in their long term goals of making Thistle a true community club.   

I do note with interest you failed to answer my question about why TFE, who even you’d have to admit are Thistle fans, being held to different standards of accountability than the group no-one knows little about and even less about their motivations. 

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker
Fat thumbs

• admin locked this topic