New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

Look I want fan ownership too. But it surely needs to be a broad church and for me to be in a broad church the most important thing to me is the spirit of fair play  

You will have to be more explicit or your  doing the same thing same your accusing others people of doing 

It's beginning to appear fom posts on this subject that there are a few posters on here who are entirely against the fan ownership idea. They are mainly arguing their points by personally attacking the people behind getting the TFE proposals going and backing the consortium bid. It maybe be conjecture too far but it is becoming more apparent that some of those posters are backing Mr Beattie (I am not saying that he is standing alone in wanting the consortium bid to succeed but no-one has ever talked about any of the other shareholder's wishes) and are pushing for the shares to be disposed of in his way no matter what the end result is.

There is very little reasoned or structured  argument against fan ownership or for PTFC to go down the consortium's road (whatever that may be). So a big question I find myself thinking about is, what is really going on behind the scenes?

Edited by scotty
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

It's beginning to appear fom posts on this subject that there are a few posters on here who are entirely against the fan ownership idea. They are mainly arguing their points by personally attacking the people behind getting the TFE proposals going and backing the consortium bid. It maybe be conjecture too far but it is becoming more apparent that some of those posters are backing Mr Beattie (I am not saying that he is standing alone in wanting the consortium bid to succeed but no-one has ever talked about any of the other shareholder's wishes) and are pushing for the shares to be disposed of in his way no matter what the end result is.

There is very little reasoned or structured  argument against fan ownership or for PTFC to go down the consortium's road (whatever that may be). So a big question I find myself thinking about is, what is really going on behind the scenes?

Ask jj.....if he will tell us but he may be conflicted...

22 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You will have to be more explicit or your  doing the same thing same your accusing others people of doing 

Not really. 

There is a simple  fundamental difference.  

Secondly as I have said I believe in fan ownership.  Going into minutiae will not be helpful for the primary goal of fan ownership  

Everything isn’t black and white   You don’t have to hate Beattie to be in favour of fan ownership/tfe  and you can be behind the principles of fan ownership/tfe whilst wanting them to follow a set of values aligned to your own  it is also possible to have enormous respect for people involved giving up of their precious time whilst wanting tfe to be better than all in its peer group and encouraging it to do so  

Edited by jaf

21 hours ago, Firhillista said:

So, if David Beattie and the current board are prepared to stay on to run things, then Colin Weir comes back in, buys the shares and the bits of the ground owned by Propco, build us a training ground and funds youth development and then makes all of this available for fan ownership.

Sorted!

So, onto other things... does Mitch Austin actually exist?...

Mitch is currently on hour 97 of a FIFA20 marathon. His colostomy bag is being regularly serviced and he's having regular Greggs sausage rolls to power him into next week. 

11 minutes ago, scotty said:

There are a few posters on here who will never say anything positive - probably so they can say ‘told you so’ if/when things go tits up.  

All for reasonable discussion, but if you’ve got nothing positive to say...

1 hour ago, sandy said:

I pledged to TFE at the outset, then someone claiming to speak for them texted my mobile number. That was a breach of personal data, I had not given anyone permission to contact me that way.

Now the more I hear about their initiative, the more I begin to wonder if they have thought this through. They start with pledges, the level of which remains undisclosed, then Colin Weir appears from left of centre. Their communication, as a response to fellow fans, seems slow. It’s unclear what the role of the various people behind Paul Goodwin actually play.

For the record, I am not in favour of venture capitalists taking over Clubs either. So I remain sceptical about both bids.

Aside from the TFE website not being GDPR comliant, why did you give them your mobile number if you didn't want them to contact you on it?

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

As has been pointed out several times, the consortium are not asking us for anything - data or money. It doesn’t mean they are better but it does mean tfe need to be more transparent  in their actions/intentions 

Presumably the consortium do want fans to spend their money on games, merchandise, hospitality etc so it would be in their interests to have fans inside and be approachable to these fans, a bit more than they have done so thus far

3 minutes ago, sandy said:

Nope, neither bid has been accepted.

How do you feel about fans personal mobile numbers being used to communicate when permission hasn’t been given?

I think you misinterpreted my point - which was my fault - do you know anything About the non TFE offer for the club ? It’s not a trick question 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Presumably the consortium do want fans to spend their money on games, merchandise, hospitality etc so it would be in their interests to have fans inside and be approachable to these fans, a bit more than they have done so thus far

I think it’s not an unreasonable deduction that they way they are treating us now will be the way they will treat us after they have control

there is nothing that has happened at Barnsley that indicates in fact much will change or be very transformational 

From the post on FB

“Who would be on the board between the date of the share purchase and when elections are organised?

An interim or transition board would be appointed and made up of skilled people.  We are looking at the composition of that transition board now and would certainly consider any offers of support from those who wish to help.  It's important for Partick Thistle that we have continuity and stability both on and off the park.

Who would choose who those board members should be?

There would be a transitional board the composition of which would be part of the negotiations with the selling shareholders.”

This does not clarify how a board would be selected and by who

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The only people they have to convince right now are the board.

Perhaps they think it's better to wait to show off their grand plans to encourage fans to come along to Firhill until they actually in a position to deliver.

Or perhaps they don't care at all.

1 minute ago, West of Scotland said:

The only people they have to convince right now are the board.

Perhaps they think it's better to wait to show off their grand plans to encourage fans to come along to Firhill until they actually in a position to deliver.

Or perhaps they don't care at all.

Ok, I'll toss a coin and decide which option suits best. :secret:

Well, I hope David Beattie and the rest of the board are doing a bit more than tossing a coin.

As I said before Beattie and the others came back and have halted the disastrous spending plans of Low and replaced a very unpopular manager with a very popular one. So they seem to know what they're doing.

Why should we think they're being short sighted, selfish and greedy when it comes to selling the club?

1 minute ago, West of Scotland said:

Well, I hope David Beattie and the rest of the board are doing a bit more than tossing a coin.

As I said before Beattie and the others came back and have halted the disastrous spending plans of Low and replaced a very unpopular manager with a very popular one. So they seem to know what they're doing.

Why should we think they're being short sighted, selfish and greedy when it comes to selling the club?

I'm not concerned about them selling their shares in the club. It's who they're selling them to that is worrying me. I'm also getting curious as to whether or not they are going to even consider a fans' buyout alternative.

• Like 1

I think the fan ownership is a no brainer. Firhill will again belong to the club and not used as a pawn by any other person or persons. In Scotland it is a good model for a club our size in terms of, nobody goes out and buys players outwith their means, except for one club. That exception being the worst run club owned by con men and as far as fair play goes should be investigated by the SFA. At the moment, or at least we did, the board ran the club on a even keel, ensuring the books were balanced. Nobody was investing their own money into the club, it came from sponsorships, gate receipts etc. So how can we, as a fan run club not hire someone who can run the club as Beattie has. I think people are trying to overcomplicate what is a very basic concept. As for them using your 'personal mobile number' my heart goes out to you, Mr sensitive 

6 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Because of the little of what we know about the proposed takeover. It makes little sense.

• admin locked this topic