New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Sounds like you should ask them your questions .... but it sounds a bit like the triumph of form over content .... is it better to be owned by people who care about the club and are supporters or some anonymous  investment vehicle ?

It seems apparently when  its fans like Beattie it’s fine but when it’s other fans it’s bad 

No I would say its Fans with the Means and Experience to Run and Fund ( when required ) a Football Club   

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No I would say its Fans with the Means and Experience to Run and Fund ( when required ) a Football Club   

But you're now argueing for the status quo. Is that still on the table or are you just continueing to avoid saying why you think the consortium's plans are better as there doesn't seem to be any?

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok so Im struggling with this - including a £250K parachute payment the Budget for this Year would have  a Budget deficit of £700K - shortfall to be funded by Cash reserves and Debt ( which you seemed to think had something to do with David Beattie - not sure why  )  

So if the aim is a Top ^ Sustainable Club - where is the Money Coming from to Fund that - because currently we are breaking even on the £700K deficit due to Liam Fitzy Sales & the Celtic Game - thats not going to be repeated - so by my Calcs No £250K Parachute payment - Liam Fitzy or Celtic Game income is a MASSIVE Hole to fund via Fans Contributions    

Yep, the big underlying worry for me too.

10 hours ago, javeajag said:

I’ve taken some screenshots of the TFE q and a that they have posted .....if someone supporting the other side could now do the same to balance things up ....

BE2484CB-1CB5-478F-9BBD-BFE821136A32.png

D8DA2299-9545-43BF-8B83-A680C10085E7.png

F431BC02-E4A9-4ED0-AEBE-D83B33DC0010.png

I am pretty happy with those answers. A couple of other questions haven’t been answered.

Which fans get to vote ?

Where will the pledged funds be banked ?

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

What’s the financial performance of the current and past boards got to do with potential new owners ?

A lot. I can’t believe you actually asked that question.

Which potential owners have a plan to cover the projected deficit?

Just now, sandy said:

A lot. I can’t believe you actually asked that question.

Which potential owners have a plan to cover the projected deficit?

You ask a question you don’t know the answer to !

new owners will inherit the finances they inherit and will have to deal with it ... but are you predicting the current board will leave a deficit 

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

The topic is new owner....but deflect to not to answer the questions ....

The thread is new owner. There are various strands that discuss different aspects of the new ownership. That particular post I responded to was about why tfe had to be more transparent than the consortium. The screenshots you posted addressed a fair amount of that for me. 

• admin locked this topic