New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

31 minutes ago, javeajag said:

1. Yes it is from multiple sources ...we publish accounts !!! I’ve just looked at Hamilton’s at company’s house ....! 
2. They haven’t said anything about it your putting it forward as fact when it’s your opinion 

3.  Now I understand and we agree you just don’t like it as it undermines  your argument ...yes it appears he’s gifting it with no strings attached

4. So the statements our Board have made to us .....!!!

Actually I have never been that enthusiastic about fan ownership and if yiu go back over threads in this here in the last you will see that.....but this consortium will possibly be the end of us as a club.

Accies accounts are for small business, not full accounts (like us) they do not give a turnover value

There is no guarantee that the consortium will be the end of the club more than  fan ownership will.

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Accies accounts are for small business, not full accounts (like us) they do not give a turnover value

There is no guarantee that the consortium will be the end of the club more than  fan ownership will.

No guararntees either way but with community ownership we all have a stake in whether the club thrives or fails.

Edited by scotty

7 minutes ago, scotty said:

No guararntees either way but with community ownership we all have a stake in whether the club thrives or fails.

Unless I’ve grossly misunderstood the proposal, is it all fans? Or is it only those who pledge money. Which at this time number 250 - 10% of the usual home support. So the future of the club is in the hands of 250 fans and their elected representatives?

Edited by Big Col

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Not all - only those who pledge money. Which at this time number 250 - 10% of the usual home support. So the future of the club is in the hands of 250 fans and their elected representatives?

As opposed to people who care not iota about the club 

I suspect however if TFE were successful that number will increase anyway 

1 minute ago, Big Col said:

Not all - only those who pledge money. Which at this time number 250 - 10% of the usual home support. So the future of the club is in the hands of 250 fans and their elected representatives?

I'd rather that than an invisible consortium. If however we are actually given some tangible detail we could compare. At the moment we cant....

14 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Our turnover is given in our accounts 

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Unless I’ve grossly misunderstood the proposal, is it all fans? Or is it only those who pledge money. Which at this time number 250 - 10% of the usual home support. So the future of the club is in the hands of 250 fans and their elected representatives?

Would you rather it was 4 or 5 investors who have no affiliation at all to our Club ?

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Would you rather it was 4 or 5 investors who have no affiliation at all to our Club ?

17 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

there you go....this all available from multiple sources 

https://www.strathearnstrategicconsulting.co.uk/post/financial-reality-check-for-scottish-football

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

With all of the previous fans; takeovers whichever form they've taken there has always been a surge in the number of fans getting involved when things get moving. I would think that 10% is a reasonable figure considering the idea was only mooted last week and there are no legal contracts or agreements in place.

29 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Would you be happy for the consortium to take out loans against the club as they did with Nice?

would you be okay with the member of the consortium allocating themselves wages as directors of the club? They do this at Barnsley. Beattie and co don’t do it with the jags

21 minutes ago, Big Col said:

The alternative is for it to be in the hands of the consortium who are not jags fans, will likely barely ever be at Firhill and whose main priority looks to be making money for themselves 

12 minutes ago, scotty said:

The way this debate is going is getting me thinking that the consortium buyout of the shares is a done deal as long as the respective associations allow the dual ownership to go through.

Unfortunately I think you’re right , was told today the shareholders who have roughly a 7% stake will double their money 100k to 200k

Wonder why they are selling?

53 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Would you be happy for the consortium to take out loans against the club as they did with Nice?

would you be okay with the member of the consortium allocating themselves wages as directors of the club? They do this at Barnsley. Beattie and co don’t do it with the jags

Some of our previous board members charged consultants fees

53 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The alternative is for it to be in the hands of the consortium who are not jags fans, will likely barely ever be at Firhill and whose main priority looks to be making money for themselves 

And having heard the square root of zero from the consortium then yes, I share concerns. Just looking to see if I have understood TFE proposal correctly.

8 minutes ago, Big Col said:

And having heard the square root of zero from the consortium then yes, I share concerns. Just looking to see if I have understood TFE proposal correctly.

Think if the Trust isn’t backing the Consortium, there must be genuine concerns.

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

That being the case can you tell me...

1. who is buying the club

2. why they are buying it

3. what their plans are 

thanks 

Can’t say that I do, but will wait to find out before I decide whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. 

You have decided that tfe is better even without knowing what the consortium (Chien Lee and Paul Conway) are offering.

Not that it matters what I think, I have no say in it as I don’t own shares.

• admin locked this topic