New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not sure about the tfe ideas , but you just need to look at Nice and Barnsley and the lack of investment to have genuine concerns.

I have concerns. I am also not convinced by tfe. Now just trying to understand why javeajag in particular doesn’t have any concerns.

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

You mentioned income, saying our £4 million was more than theirs. I’m not sure if your being pedantic,  or pished.  Neither income or expenditure is shown on those 2 clubs accounts

We state turnover often referred to as income  , they don’t because they are a small company but if you look at their accounts and balance sheet you can work it out 

and keep your insults to yourself it’s demeaning 

2 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I have concerns. I am also not convinced by tfe. Now just trying to understand why javeajag in particular doesn’t have any concerns.

Because in life you often are faced with a difficult choice .... there may be issues with tfe but the vultures will be a disaster that’s why 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We state turnover often referred to as income  , they don’t because they are a small company but if you look at their accounts and balance sheet you can work it out 

That’s what I’ve been telling you but you stated you can find it on companies house, then post a link. Both stating (as I did previously) they don’t post these figures 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think you have this the wrong way round 

1. If Beattie asserts this deal is transformational it’s up to him to demonstrate it not for me to disprove It particularly as he has provided no information whatsoever 

2. You seem to favour the consortium but can’t tell me anything about it so I assume your defining it as not being TFE so it’s good 

3. I’m against the club being own by a bunch of vultures 

I think it is up to the stakeholders that have access to the board and/or Beattie to press him for an answer or at least a reason why he won’t answer.

You have no evidence at all that I favour the consortium. Because I am challenging your argument doesn’t mean I favour the consortium.

You are really so for tfe because you don’t want the consortium ?

4 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think it is up to the stakeholders that have access to the board and/or Beattie to press him for an answer or at least a reason why he won’t answer.

You have no evidence at all that I favour the consortium. Because I am challenging your argument doesn’t mean I favour the consortium.

You are really so for tfe because you don’t want the consortium ?

Ok let’s turn this round ....I was  against the consortium before TFE emerged and at the moment that’s the only alternative to the impending disaster 

the consortium ( though we are not sure exactly who or what that is ) is the deal on the table so can someone make a positive case for them based on some facts and I’ll consider it 

Edited by javeajag

Just now, javeajag said:

Ok let’s turn this round ....I was  against the consortium before TFE emerged at the moment the offer the only alternative to the impending disaster 

the consortium ( though we are not sure exactly who or what that is ) is the deal in the table so can someone make a positive case for them based in some facts and I’ll consider it 

Beattie’s stated if the consortium deal doesn’t add up Or doesn’t go through they are happy to stay on

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think you don’t need to publish full accounts if your turnover is less than £10M.

How do you work out turnover from the balance sheet ?

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok let’s turn this round ....I was  against the consortium before TFE emerged and at the moment that’s the only alternative to the impending disaster 

the consortium ( though we are not sure exactly who or what that is ) is the deal on the table so can someone make a positive case for them based on some facts and I’ll consider it 

You don’t want to wait to get the details before deciding to be so vehemently against them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The only positive case I could make for the consortium would be the David Beattie angle, i.e he seems like a decent guy who cares about Thistle and has put a lot in, and if he thinks it's a good thing then maybe there is something in it. He's asked the fans to trust him on it and I'd genuinely like to.

However, that is a big leap of faith. 

For one thing I don't know David Beattie, so my opinion of him is only based on previous actions, media profile and the word of others on here. Secondly, everything about the consortium screams "no!" in my head. And thirdly, and I say this slightly reluctantly and meaning no ill will; David Beattie and the other directors have a lot to gain by this going through, and while I'm sure they wouldn't willingly hurt the club, is there an element of convincing themselves that it is a good thing because they want to believe it? I think that would be human nature. So I just hope they have ther spidey senses fully tuned in.

Just now, allyo said:

The only positive case I could make for the consortium would be the David Beattie angle, i.e he seems like a decent guy who cares about Thistle and has put a lot in, and if he thinks it's a good thing then maybe there is something in it. He's asked the fans to trust him on it and I'd genuinely like to.

For one thing I don't know David Beattie, so my opinion of him is only based on previous actions, media profile and the word of others on here. Secondly, everything about the consortium screams "no!" in my head. And thirdly, and I say this slightly reluctantly and meaning no ill will; David Beattie and the other directors have a lot to gain by this going through, and while I'm sure they wouldn't willingly hurt the club, is there an element of convincing themselves that it is a good thing because they want to believe it? I think that would be human nature. So I just hope they have ther spidey senses fully tuned in.

Cheers....but it’s not really a positive case more I hope Beattie and the directors don’t sell us down the river....but after they have sold the vultures can do what they like 

3 minutes ago, allyo said:

If the deal is done , then Beattie and co will have doubled their money in the 10 years of their investment, so as you quite rightly say it’s also down to human nature as well .  

There is also shareholders within the group who no longer are part of PTFC so I’m not sure if it’s just Beatties decision whether the deal goes through.

• admin locked this topic