New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think the basic problem you have here is that it’s not unreasonable for the fans of a football club to want to know who is buying their club , why they are buying it and what the plans are. But we are told no you cant.

just to be told trust the directors to do the right thing I’m afraid isn’t good enough to allay the concerns  that people have because for every right decision there can be bad ones as no one - apart from me obviously - is infallible ........you say rightly that good decisions have been made recently and they have but that will not go on forever as the past demonstrates .... who made Jacqui low chairman ? David Beattie ....Who refused to let Archie go when even wanted to go ? David Beattie ...Who kept our cost base too high when we got relegated ? David Beattie

so anyone can make good or bad decisions .....it’s a bit sad that we are selling the club to people who have no emotional connection with us and  for whom it’s a simple financial transaction. The day that happens a little bit of the club will die.

Hibs Fans had No Knowledge of the Sale of there Club or were told anything about it until it was a done deal 

Liverpool - Man City - various Clubs in Spain etc etc all sold to people with No emotional connection 

So if we arent run by Fans ( and our Board are Fans )  - then Run by a Business is not that bad an option  

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Our M&A are clearly constructed that the Chairman ONLY chairs the Board Meetings and has a casting Vote - therefore David Beattie DID NOT make these decisions ALL Directors made them collectively 

I mean really .....what would Trotsky have made of such a retreat into formalism !

Just now, javeajag said:

I mean really .....what would Trotsky have made of such a retreat into formalism !

What are you talking about - David Beattie has ONE Vote - the M&A are specifically written in this fashion - he has a casting vote in a tie 

Thats it - so your talking pants - he did not make these decisions - the Board ( at the time ) did    

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Hibs Fans had No Knowledge of the Sale of there Club or were told anything about it until it was a done deal 

Liverpool - Man City - various Clubs in Spain etc etc all sold to people with No emotional connection 

So if we arent run by Fans ( and our Board are Fans )  - then Run by a Business is not that bad an option  

Ok....on Hibs ours is in the public domain so it’s not a secret like them and he’s a hibs fan so they are not comparable to our situation 

as you know for every success you quote that are failures in the other side and we all remember ken bates !

if someone could tell us why these guys are good owners of the club we might be able to form  a judgement 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

What are you talking about - David Beattie has ONE Vote - the M&A are specifically written in this fashion - he has a casting vote in a tie 

Thats it - so your talking pants - he did not make these decisions - the Board ( at the time ) did    

chill.....I chair a business board I know how voting works and I also know how the non formal part of processes work ....so he was chairman when all those decisions were made and he was in favour of them so he shares the responsibility 

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

JJ , with all due respect, the Clubs you mentioned there you can see where there could be a financial windfall , Champions League money , English Premier money , the tv deals in England and Spain.

The people involved are getting into a scenario where if we break even or make a slight profit it’s a success and that’s where all the cynicism is coming from.

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

JJ , with all due respect, the Clubs you mentioned there you can see where there could be a financial windfall , Champions League money , English Premier money , the tv deals in England and Spain.

The people involved are getting into a scenario where if we break even or make a slight profit it’s a success and that’s where all the cynicism is coming from.

And Zero cynicism for the TEF / Weir bid  - I accept the fact that there is risk with the Consortium Buy out 

But it was leaked otherwise we would be in the same position as Hibs Fans 

A narrative was peddled that Ex Directors were cashing in and only interested in the cash - which wasn't true 

The alternative was the status quo - dont see many people thinking that was a good idea 

I would prefer the Current Board or people of a similar calibre to run and own the Club  - but simple fact - we have very few Fans with the Cash or level of Contacts these guys have and well - these guys are not getting any Younger 

So if the choice is TFE or the Consortium I honestly have far more faith in the latter - 

Im honestly sick of PR & Spin - as for the Thistle Trust - they need to have a long hard look at themselves - they are supposed to be objective 

TFE have 263 Supporters - thats it less than 10% of our Home Support in the Premier - exactly who are they ? and who do they speak for ?    

13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And Zero cynicism for the TEF / Weir bid  - I accept the fact that there is risk with the Consortium Buy out 

But it was leaked otherwise we would be in the same position as Hibs Fans 

A narrative was peddled that Ex Directors were cashing in and only interested in the cash - which wasn't true 

The alternative was the status quo - dont see many people thinking that was a good idea 

I would prefer the Current Board or people of a similar calibre to run and own the Club  - but simple fact - we have very few Fans with the Cash or level of Contacts these guys have and well - these guys are not getting any Younger 

So if the choice is TFE or the Consortium I honestly have far more faith in the latter - 

Im honestly sick of PR & Spin - as for the Thistle Trust - they need to have a long hard look at themselves - they are supposed to be objective 

TFE have 263 Supporters - thats it less than 10% of our Home Support in the Premier - exactly who are they ? and who do they speak for ?    

All that is required here is the positive case for this consortium to buy the club which no one wants to make ( even your argument is basically trust the directors and the consortium are business people ....well so is mike Ashley )

in the absence of that we all  look at Barnsley where they have been in control for over 18 months and there is nothing much to get excited about 

I also dont think you can frame this as .....you think the consortium are bad well look at TFE !

42 minutes ago, javeajag said:

All that is required here is the positive case for this consortium to buy the club which no one wants to make ( even your argument is basically trust the directors and the consortium are business people ....well so is mike Ashley )

in the absence of that we all  look at Barnsley where they have been in control for over 18 months and there is nothing much to get excited about 

I also dont think you can frame this as .....you think the consortium are bad well look at TFE !

Look - Hibs Fans got to know nothing - and as it happened ours was leaked - but the same  rules apply - the Consortium are dealing with the SFA 

Given the Social Media Campaign that taken place and the various parties  attempting  to block it then the correct thing to do as a Business is to say nothing - they dont own the Club so they have no legal status - 

If Im choosing between the Directors / Consortium and TFE then Im choosing the Directors / Consortium every time 

So Yes - we are faced with choices - thats just where we are - there isnt ( as yet ) a third choice 

See if we didn't look on it as a choice... Just for the sake of interest...

JJ, do you think the consortium bid will be good for Thistle, just compared to what we're generally used to?

JaveJ, do you think the TFE bid would be good for Thistle, just compared to what we're generally used to?

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Look - Hibs Fans got to know nothing - and as it happened ours was leaked - but the same  rules apply - the Consortium are dealing with the SFA 

Given the Social Media Campaign that taken place and the various parties  attempting  to block it then the correct thing to do as a Business is to say nothing - they dont own the Club so they have no legal status - 

If Im choosing between the Directors / Consortium and TFE then Im choosing the Directors / Consortium every time 

So Yes - we are faced with choices - thats just where we are - there isnt ( as yet ) a third choice 

Thanks for the reply but you fail to answer my points but we can agree to disagree

i have stated this before there is nothing stopping a either the club or the consortium outlining the high level reasons for the deal legal status is a red herring ....that happens with takeovers daily and to be honest the leaking of potential takeovers of football clubs is more the norm  than anything else 

how about you  tell us why you choose the consortium/directors without mentioning TFE ?

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Apart from their winning promotion … following their takeover by New City Capital.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Apart from their winning promotion … following their takeover by New City Capital.

Why don’t Barnsley fans see it that way ? They are less than excited 

and they are currently where in the league ? What’s been invested in the club ? 

5 minutes ago, allyo said:

JJ, do you think the consortium bid will be good for Thistle, just compared to what we're generally used to?

JaveJ, do you think the TFE bid would be good for Thistle, just compared to what we're generally used to?

My preference is 100% that the existing Board continued or people like Billy Allan - Greig Brown etc were running the Club - so is the Consortium as good as this option - No 

But its the only game in town - and its at least got a semblance of a track record and of equal importance they are spending there Money to buy us - so there is a reasonable chance we move forward - the TFE alternative is simply not an option on any level - No chance 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allyo said:

I’m not involved with TFE so I only know what’s in the public domain ....I’m also not aware of what’s so bad about them 

I just go back to the basic point why would these guys want to buy a small club in Scotland ? Maybe the Barnsley fans are right and it’s just a lottery ticket 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allyo said:

I heard that monkeys have been shown to be as successful as stock brokers at choosing investments.

And better than Gary Caldwell at organising a football team.

Excellent, there’s at least one monkey on this thread.

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

My preference is 100% that the existing Board continued or people like Billy Allan - Greig Brown etc were running the Club - so is the Consortium as good as this option - No 

But its the only game in town - and its at least got a semblance of a track record and of equal importance they are spending there Money to buy us - so there is a reasonable chance we move forward - the TFE alternative is simply not an option on any level - No chance 

How is it transformational ? Any clues ?

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

How is it transformational ? Any clues ?

Nope - but the bit your not getting is thus 

You have two choices - thats it - Consortium or TFE 

There isnt a third choice on the menu 

So no idea why you keep banging on demanding the Consortium Plans - given the barrage on Social Media they quite rightly are not going public to get into a debate - neither did the Hibs buyer 

So TFE simply not an option on any level - No Chance  

By deduction we are therefore left with the Consortium and have a bit of Faith in those who have served the Club well over the Years - simple as that 

What people have to stop doing is peddling the rubbish its simply about Money - the fact that they arent taking the TFE Offer Kills that myth  

We are in a decent place at the moment - Positive on the Park - Balanced Budget - so maybe we should show the people who have got us here- a  bit of respect  

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Nope - but the bit your not getting is thus 

You have two choices - thats it - Consortium or TFE 

There isnt a third choice on the menu 

So no idea why you keep banging on demanding the Consortium Plans - given the barrage on Social Media they quite rightly are not going public to get into a debate - neither did the Hibs buyer 

So TFE simply not an option on any level - No Chance  

By deduction we are therefore left with the Consortium and have a bit of Faith in those who have served the Club well over the Years - simple as that 

What people have to stop doing is peddling the rubbish its simply about Money - the fact that they arent taking the TFE Offer Kills that myth  

We are in a decent place at the moment - Positive on the Park - Balanced Budget - so maybe we should show the people who have got us here- a  bit of respect  ok

ok thanks for this 

i know it’s a bit weird but I would like to know who is buying the club and why.

• admin locked this topic