New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

6 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Abundantly clear from the context  I mean running the club, so don't act like a wassock.

Answer, somebody who knows how to run a business.

Can you point to the bit where TfE pledge that they will not sell young promising players.

One of the 'Barnsley fans' criticising the board mentioned their recent 5-1 defeat by Derby; they were beaten 5-1 by Preston, they drew 2-2 with Derby (which was a good result). A bit like calling us 'Partick'. Make of that what you will.

Meanwhile, a hundred miles up the road, watch Sunderland fans lamenting that they are NOT being taken over, and Newcastle fans rubbing it in that their takeover has failed.

I'll ignore your wassock jibe. Do you want the consortium running the club. Yes or No? 

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Your mistake is acknowledged

instead of insulting people and demeaning yourself just make the positive case for your consortium 

Typical from this poster, claims insults when someone happens to disagree with his view. A sensitive soul for a forum.

@javeajag your style of debate could be improved with less in the way of patronising remarks and more honest reflection about the gaps in info provided so far by TFE. 

Nobody is sure if either potential bid is going to help or hinder the Club. That’s the reality. 

3 minutes ago, sandy said:

Typical from this poster, claims insults when someone happens to disagree with his view. A sensitive soul for a forum.

@javeajag your style of debate could be improved with less in the way of patronising remarks and more honest reflection about the gaps in info provided so far by TFE. 

Nobody is sure if either potential bid is going to help or hinder the Club. That’s the reality. 

I try not to insult people personally.

there seems to a strategy to paint me as the great proponent of TFE when I keep saying I am not connected to them and historically have had doubts about fan ownership. But if forced to choose I cannot think of anything that would make me support this dreadful ‘consortium’.....they are the preferred bidder of the board so deserve maximum scrutiny , there is no evidence yet TFE are being seriously considered.

i certainly know enough about these people, their history at Barnsley and business track record to know they would be a disaster for us . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandy said:

Whose motivations would you trust more though? Let’s say both groups, if in control, bugger the club up, who would you rather be in charge at that point? Lifelong supporters who live in or near the community or investors who live in another country? Maybe we should ask Bury fans that question. 

8 hours ago, Hopeless Unbeliever said:

I've been reading Thistle forums for, I think, 20 years going back to the first days of Over Land and Sea. This is, without a doubt, the worst thread I've ever read on any of the various sites over the years. Anyway, carry on.

That is one hell of a claim. Is that supposition, or do you have any facts to back that up ?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, allyo said:

Arguments in favour of consortium:

They are not TFE

The current board are good guys and are thinking of selling to them, so they must be alright

They have lots of money

They might have lots of money but their business track record at both Nice and Barnsley is that they don’t invest in their clubs 

you should always separate these guys personal wealth from their business activities ....they are here to take money out 

they are not fans living the dream they are leeches sucking the blood 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

They might have lots of money but their business track record at both Nice and Barnsley is that they don’t invest in their clubs 

you should always separate these guys personal wealth from their business activities ....they are here to take money out 

they are not fans living the dream they are leeches sucking the blood 

Oh Javeajag, you've put a dampener on it

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

Oh Javeajag, you've put a dampener on it

We need to be realistic this is about them not us or the club

i mean promising to increase the capacity of the ground !

a. They will only own half if it 

b. It’s big enough anyway

c. They reduced capacity at Barnsley 

d. words are cheap in these situations so they will say anything to look good then forget it afterwards

how many companies have said they will do this , safeguard that and then after they get control do the exact opposite 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

We need to be realistic this is about them not us or the club

i mean promising to increase the capacity of the ground !

a. They will only own half if it 

b. It’s big enough anyway

c. They reduced capacity at Barnsley 

d. words are cheap in these situations so they will say anything to look good then forget it afterwards

how many companies have said they will do this , safeguard that and then after they get control do the exact opposite 

In space, no one can hear you scream.

17 hours ago, allyo said:

You'll ignore people who refuse to accept you calling them a wassock?

He and the other poster deliberately and ridiculously misinterpreted what I wrote and continue to misinterpret not to mention refusing to answer poins), when the meaning was clear, in order to make a cheap debating point; 'wassock'; was getting off lightly. More Boris Johnson, really.

• admin locked this topic