New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

13 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

Lets wait and see what the favoured consortium has to offer before we judge them. But to add a bit of flavour to the debate I can tell you that they offer to increase the capacity of Firhill If ever needed .

If they offer to renovate the stadium and maybe at least drag the toilet facilities into the twentieth century, they'll get my backing

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

As you keep saying, we have no idea what the consortium are proposing, yet you have stated with certainty that they wouldn't improve the facilities? What do you know that no one else does?

Thoroughly describes the mentality of the TfE Bowling Club adherents - and completely justifies continuing scepticism. 

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Thoroughly describes the mentality of the TfE Bowling Club adherents - and completely justifies continuing scepticism. 

Scepticism of the sceptical? That's a very innocent and unquestioning line to take.

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Posts like this justify ignoring any point of view you advocate. Can you not just say you disagree with a viewpoint, rather than make petty slights? For the record I'm undecided on the TFE case as I agree more information still required. Until such times as the consortium ( if it still exists ) provides a modicum of information, very few will back it. Yes I accept the fans have little to no power, but transparent communications surely must play a part. My apologies in advance for having a balanced view. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

As you keep saying, we have no idea what the consortium are proposing, yet you have stated with certainty that they wouldn't improve the facilities? What do you know that no one else does?

Their business track record for one ....investment in Barnsley stadium £0

Just use this simple framework and see if it helps .... 

their objective is to secure a profit on their investment in the club ...if improving the facilities helps them do that they will consider doing it , if it doesn’t then they won’t 

I just hope no one thinks these are anything but hard headed business people out to make money ..... any investment will have to generate a return ie money going out the club 

4 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Posts like this justify ignoring any point of view you advocate. Can you not just say you disagree with a viewpoint, rather than make petty slights? For the record I'm undecided on the TFE case as I agree more information still required. Until such times as the consortium ( if it still exists ) provides a modicum of information, very few will back it. Yes I accept the fans have little to no power, but transparent communications surely must play a part. My apologies in advance for having a balanced view. 

So when TFE are asked if they or anyone associated with them have been in Contact with Members of the former Board and dont answer the question would you term this as Transparent Communication ? 

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

their objective is to secure a profit on their investment in the club ...if improving the facilities helps them do that they will consider doing it , if it doesn’t then they won’t 

I just hope no one thinks these are anything but hard headed business people out to make money ..... any investment will have to generate a return ie money going out the club 

So Im assuming you were happy with the Business Model being applied by the previous Board  ? 

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So when TFE are asked if they or anyone associated with them have been in Contact with Members of the former Board and dont answer the question would you term this as Transparent Communication ? 

On the specific question no, but let's be honest the feedback from TFE has been pretty substantial, especially in comparison to the feedback from or about the consortium. That is surely not under dispute. 

21 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Do you know that they have been in contact with the former Board?

If yes- how do you know?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Who cares ? What’s your point ? 

47 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

JJ your posts are so tiresomely one sided and biased. 

We're all in the dark here and no one is really sure what is best. But you constantly make out like you know more while immediately denying it when anyone asks you specifics. We know you don't like TFE already, but quite honestly there are few people on here defending them, because no one really knows enough. So you can stop going on about them.

What I'm really interested in is why you appear to have no concerns about the consortium. Is it just pure faith?

• Like 1

A guy Kieran McGuire  - the price of football in Twitter - has done a very complementary analysis of our financial results both in terms of the information we produced and our ‘solid’ results.

im attaching four slides ....interestingly they show prudent financial management and £600k in the bank going into June ......

AA59BA00-36DC-4EFA-B072-9D0BACA4E9A7.thumb.png.e740b73ba5430d6dd1234b7bf45e5026.png10881D1E-93DE-4B2F-8082-0DE310D582F2.png.31aa8cb2c110e4386ea49a51be5a481f.png2927DCA6-C08D-47C7-8F71-8F109DDF8417.png.6e51580c18abc1efb8130c439dbab596.png1D09B56A-B86F-4C90-B602-AD740F89775B.thumb.jpeg.4c5b45283b3ee916b7888cb921f305d3.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

He and the other poster deliberately and ridiculously misinterpreted what I wrote and continue to misinterpret not to mention refusing to answer poins), when the meaning was clear, in order to make a cheap debating point; 'wassock'; was getting off lightly. More Boris Johnson, really.

You want more Boris Johnson?...........cool :thumbsup2:

Have to say, I agree with Javeajag on this one, I would take TFE over the consortium any day of the week.

Colin Weir has done much good for Thistle. Furthermore, I would much rather see Colin invest his money in Thistle, rather than waste it on the SNP:D

Edited by AndyMac

17 hours ago, javeajag said:

Have you seen Barnsleys stadium? It doesn't need any investment!

18 hours ago, javeajag said:

Barnsley FC do not own the stadium, the council does. So even if they wanted to invest in it they couldn’t 

31 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So no track record on stadiums then !

After Barnsley went into administration in 2002 the council purchased the stadium. The club owners (current and previous) could not make improvements if they wished without council approval. Stadium currently holds 23000

Im not sure where you see a partial stadium closure, access roads were closed for the Leeds game but not seen any stand closures mentioned 

• admin locked this topic