New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Talk that dual ownership has been thrown out and the takeover is over.

Looks like @admin can archive this atrocity of a thread in due course...

In fairness there has been lots of Talk and very few actual facts 

However so we are clear the current Board made it clear - they are there as long as is required - if the takeover doesn't happen - just to save another 197 Pages of conjecture 

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

They don’t even know if he was sacked ....they ‘separated’

The consensus seems to be that he was only involved in bringing 2 of the 14 summer signings in and that he was unhappy at the age profile of the squad mainly 21-24 and repeatedly told the owners they would struggle without some experienced players so they got fed and ‘separated’ him

most Barnsley fans unhappy talk of a demo at the Swansea game 

So was he sacked or did he walk ?

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

However so we are clear the current Board made it clear - they are there as long as is required - if the takeover doesn't happen - just to save another 197 Pages of conjecture 

There'll be a 'What Next thread no doubt...

I dream of the board working with Weir's investment and the fans employing the route to fan involvement via the channels in place.

Is this too much to hope for?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

That's great. But then why is it being presented that the status quo is not an option and we have to choose between the consortium and TFE?

On 10/3/2019 at 8:04 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

Nope - but the bit your not getting is thus 

You have two choices - thats it - Consortium or TFE 

There isnt a third choice on the menu 

So no idea why you keep banging on demanding the Consortium Plans - given the barrage on Social Media they quite rightly are not going public to get into a debate - neither did the Hibs buyer 

So TFE simply not an option on any level - No Chance  

By deduction we are therefore left with the Consortium and have a bit of Faith in those who have served the Club well over the Years - simple as that 

What people have to stop doing is peddling the rubbish its simply about Money - the fact that they arent taking the TFE Offer Kills that myth  

We are in a decent place at the moment - Positive on the Park - Balanced Budget - so maybe we should show the people who have got us here- a  bit of respect  

Assuming that the consortium is off the table (and I'll wait until official confirmation before believing that)

Are you now saying that there is a third option ... status quo ?

Or are you saying all in with TfE as it is the only way forward  ?

20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Assuming that the consortium is off the table (and I'll wait until official confirmation before believing that)

According to the Board at the AGM if the deal fell through - the Board would remain in place for as long as we need them  

I certainly didn't get the impression at the AGM that there Plan B was TFE  

1 hour ago, allyo said:

That's great. But then why is it being presented that the status quo is not an option and we have to choose between the consortium and TFE?

Regards Purchase of Shares thats the Two Offers on the Table - the status quo is the result of No Deal being done and the Board have stated they will remain in place if the Deal Falls through - so the default position isn't TFE if the Consortium is no longer an option      

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

I dream of the board working with Weir's investment and the fans employing the route to fan involvement via the channels in place.

It depends on the "Channels " the Model and the People involved - if you look at Dundee it was a disaster -  - neither Hearts or St Mirren are Fan owned or Fan Run - Motherwell  became Fan Owned after the previous owner paid off all the debts - Dunfermline after Administration 

So One Club seems to work ( after someone paid off all there debts ) One Club ( Dundee ) Disaster One Club sort of muddling along Dunfermline 

But all three Clubs are bigger than Thistle 

So whilst the idea of Weir - Current Board - Fans working as one - the practicalities are a different story 

One thing is that it would have to be via the Current Trusts - TFE have no real support from the Fan Base and are not representative   

5 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

So was he sacked or did he walk ?

I thought my post made it clear that no one knows ! Here is the statement on his leaving the club which so upset Barnsley fans. There was no reference to what he did for the club or any thanks . Or any explanation at all from the club since. The word ‘ separated ‘ went down  particularly badly . 

he was extremely popular and had apparently integrated well into the local community ,

‘Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect. Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager.‘

Edited by javeajag

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Given that communication from the current board is even worse than the previous Board - no easy feat - let’s just say nobody has a clue 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I thought my post made it clear that no one knows ! Here is the statement on his leaving the club which so upset Barnsley fans. There was no reference to what he did for the club or any thanks . Or any explanation at all from the club since. The word ‘ separated ‘ went down  particularly badly . 

he was extremely popular and had apparently integrated well into the local community ,

‘Barnsley Football Club confirms that it has separated from Daniel Stendel with immediate effect. Adam Murray has been appointed caretaker manager.‘

So somehow , without knowing any facts, you are assuming that it is all down to the Barnsley board. 

5 hours ago, jagfox said:

That’s where I am. Well said. 

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Youve said that three times already ....let’s agree to disagree

now convince me the consortium will be good owners 

People don’t have to make a positive case for the consortium in response to calling out every piece of bullshit you post. It’s surely possible to prove you wrong without having to do that, whether one believes in the consortium or not. Seems it’s all over now anyway..

they walk away without having lied to the fans or the board. We should be grateful for that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

People don’t have to make a positive case for the consortium in response to calling out every piece of bullshit you post. It’s surely possible to prove you wrong without having to do that, whether one believes in the consortium or not. Seems it’s all over now anyway..

they walk away without having lied to the fans or the board. We should be grateful for that. 

Love you too 

9 hours ago, jagfox said:

Talk that dual ownership has been thrown out and the takeover is over.

Looks like @admin can archive this atrocity of a thread in due course...

Where did you hear this? Surely it would have made the news as regardless of whether people are for or against- it was big news as would it not have been the first time in Scottish football that dial ownership has been raised

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Where did you hear this? Surely it would have made the news as regardless of whether people are for or against- it was big news as would it not have been the first time in Scottish football that dial ownership has been raised

I know. Brexit, Syria, climate crisis. Hold the front page - Partick Thistle not being bought by somebody.

• admin locked this topic