New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

20 hours ago, scotty said:

Not if Colin Weir is going to hand over the shares to an organisation. To have fans' backing that would need the governance arrangements in place before the new set-up took over. If what JJ is claiming that the current board are happy to remain then that would be a perfectly acceptable interim arrangement. The shareholders get to sell their shares, the fans own the club and going forward, in the short term at least, the club is run by people who are trusted by fans and management.

It was stated at the AGM that the current Board will be here as long as needed -

I have No issue with a long Transfer which eventually has a Hybrid of Fan Ownership- BUT and this is the key has we have found out to our cost - its crucial that the right people are on the Board - my big big concern is that the type of people who will push themselves forward in Elections are not necessarily the correct type of people we need to run a Company  ( which Thistle are ) lets just look at the Mess we have with Brexit to show that Political Animals are driven in the Main by ego 

Now Im aware that the TFE Model has them having an Operations Board - however its still (Fan) Politicians picking that Board so not convinced  

As for TFE sorry but No chance - never in a Month of Sundays would I have them anywhere near Running the Club  

20 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Maybe he wouldn’t have done that if we had shown him even a modicum of respect.

OK explain as you keep stating this - it has been stated many times that there were major efforts top set up a Face to Face Meeting and with Colin Weir - these didnt take place - that wasnt because of the Current Board not trying - so you need to look elsewhere as to why it didnt happen - to state they showed him No respect is a complete lie and you might want to question your source of this    

16 hours ago, scotty said:

Where did you get these details? If TFE are running away with the planning then in my mind it's not fan ownership and I for one will remove my support.

I doubt very much they are going to go to all this effort and not want to Run the Club and make the key decisions -  TFE are dictating the Terms - Colin Weir is funding them - you will get what they decide and thats it - you have No say in the Model - not sure what part of that people arent getting 

23 hours ago, javeajag said:

I assume the dual ownership issue or chien and Conway falling out means they are not going ahead  .... which is great news 

might explain why tfe have been quiet as well .... despite what’s been said it looks like the shareholders just want out  

let’s hope it’s a good outcome 

Where is it stated by any source that the Consortium is still not speaking to the SFA ? - Assume nothing ...........

Also you may wish to ask - who leaked this to the Press & Why ( assuming the Consortium is still in the Running ) 

21 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Thistle fans in charge of Partick Thistle FC?  God help us.

Its not about Fans Running us - apart from a short period we have always been Run by Fans - its the Experience and Qaulity of those on the Board - do you think Colly would be back if it wasnt Beattie as the Chairman - I can assure you he wouldnt - he trustsour current Board  

29 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Yes but Thistle Fans with a Proven Track Record in Business - thats very different from the type of Person who is going to seek "election "  

Let’s wait and see shall we .....maybe fans with a proven business track record will be there ....unless your a mind reader you have no idea who is going to seek election 

18 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I doubt very much they are going to go to all this effort and not want to Run the Club and make the key decisions -  TFE are dictating the Terms - Colin Weir is funding them - you will get what they decide and thats it - you have No say in the Model - not sure what part of that people arent getting 

But by supporting TfE you will get some say in the TfE decision process. If you don’t like what is being proposed or who they are appointing then you have your democratic right to vote against it (or withdraw support). Not sure what part of that people aren’t getting.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Where is it stated by any source that the Consortium is still not speaking to the SFA ? - Assume nothing ...........

Also you may wish to ask - who leaked this to the Press & Why ( assuming the Consortium is still in the Running ) 

No idea as I never said that....as usual ......

24 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We are all still waiting for your explanation of 

who the supposed consortium are 

what their proven business track record is 

what their plan is 

you said you knew .....

29 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

do you think Colly would be back if it wasnt Beattie as the Chairman - I can assure you he wouldnt - he trustsour current Board  

Are you suggesting his professed love for the club is spin?

I suppose the other obvious question for you is this: you've said repeatedly that the selling shareholders aren't driven by financial gain and any sale would be undertaken with the best interests of the club at heart. If they decide to go down the TFE/Colin Weir route will you give it your full support?

Can’t believe some are still on side with this consortium after recent goings on at Barnsley.  

Sold, arguably, their best player & didn’t reinvest the monies. They are either in or just outside relegation places

Sacked a popular manager. Their fans turning on BoD & talking boycotts.

Exactly the same as what happened at OGC Nice. 

Why does anyone think we’ll be different?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

OK explain as you keep stating this - it has been stated many times that there were major efforts top set up a Face to Face Meeting and with Colin Weir - these didnt take place - that wasnt because of the Current Board not trying - so you need to look elsewhere as to why it didnt happen - to state they showed him No respect is a complete lie and you might want to question your source of this    

Ok , so in your opinion why do you think Colin Weir reacted in the way he did ? , following on and you keep stating that the BOD and the shareholders are not in it for financial gain.

Think you’re being economical with the truth there as you and I know some of the shareholders are in it for a windfall.

55 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Can’t believe some are still on side with this consortium after recent goings on at Barnsley.  

Sold, arguably, their best player & didn’t reinvest the monies. They are either in or just outside relegation places

Sacked a popular manager. Their fans turning on BoD & talking boycotts.

Exactly the same as what happened at OGC Nice. 

Why does anyone think we’ll be different?!

They are business people with a proven track record at Barnsley ( bottom of the championship ) who haven’t been to jail so perfect for us .....

19 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Are you suggesting his professed love for the club is spin?

I suppose the other obvious question for you is this: you've said repeatedly that the selling shareholders aren't driven by financial gain and any sale would be undertaken with the best interests of the club at heart. If they decide to go down the TFE/Colin Weir route will you give it your full support?

No its genuine - However as with any decision in Football the people Running the Club have a Major influence in wither you would leave a secure job as a manager to a Club at the bottom of the League 

I dont believe they are driven by Financial Gain - however if they go down the TFE Route I believe it would be a serious error of judgement on there part and I would oppose TFE Takeover on every level and continue to do so - I do not believe a TFE Takeover is in any shape or form good for the Long Term Future of the Club - its simply another takeover - however unlike the Consortium they are using Colin Weirs Money 

They cant even muster support of 10% of the Fan Base its ridiculous that in any shape or form they should be considered the voice of the Fans - complete nonsense 

As for them Running the Club -  show me there Business Experience - Show me the Companies they have Run 

Exactly who are TFE ? So far we have Social Media Statements with Well Crafted Responses to the Question they choose to answer - lots of PR - very little of substance 

We are to accept "there" version of how Fan Ownership will look ? 

And the managed to Contact Colin Weir and convince him to put up circa £10-12 MN when the previous Board couldn't get hold of him - just like that - launch - couple of weeks later the get more Money £10- 12 MN 

17 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Ok , so in your opinion why do you think Colin Weir reacted in the way he did ? , following on and you keep stating that the BOD and the shareholders are not in it for financial gain.

Think you’re being economical with the truth there as you and I know some of the shareholders are in it for a windfall.

You have repeatdly stated the current Board were disrepesctful of Colin Weir - how can they disrepect him when despite numerous attempts they werent able to speak to him 

And Funny enough TFE Managed to do it on there first go 

I have never at any point said that some of the Shareholders are not looking at this as a Windfall and stated the exact opposite publicly 

20 hours ago, javeajag said:

Let’s wait and see shall we .....maybe fans with a proven business track record will be there ....unless your a mind reader you have no idea who is going to seek election 

Those Elected are not going to Run the Club - thats going to be a Operational Board of people who are "selected" and thats the key part - they run the Club 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No its genuine - However as with any decision in Football the people Running the Club have a Major influence in wither you would leave a secure job as a manager to a Club at the bottom of the League 

I dont believe they are driven by Financial Gain - however if they go down the TFE Route I believe it would be a serious error of judgement on there part and I would oppose TFE Takeover on every level and continue to do so - I do not believe a TFE Takeover is in any shape or form good for the Long Term Future of the Club - its simply another takeover - however unlike the Consortium they are using Colin Weirs Money 

They cant even muster support of 10% of the Fan Base its ridiculous that in any shape or form they should be considered the voice of the Fans - complete nonsense 

As for them Running the Club -  show me there Business Experience - Show me the Companies they have Run 

Exactly who are TFE ? So far we have Social Media Statements with Well Crafted Responses to the Question they choose to answer - lots of PR - very little of substance 

We are to accept "there" version of how Fan Ownership will look ? 

And the managed to Contact Colin Weir and convince him to put up circa £10-12 MN when the previous Board couldn't get hold of him - just like that - launch - couple of weeks later the get more Money £10- 12 MN 

This 100%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You have repeatdly stated the current Board were disrepesctful of Colin Weir - how can they disrepect him when despite numerous attempts they werent able to speak to him 

And Funny enough TFE Managed to do it on there first go 

I have never at any point said that some of the Shareholders are not looking at this as a Windfall and stated the exact opposite publicly 

Still never answered the question, why was Colin Weir so pissed off if everything was done by the book  , if you check back your posts you said Beattie and Co weren’t coming back for any financial gain.

That is not true 

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

What business experience did Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg have before they started their companies, but hey, why not just cast these guys aside before even listening to what they have to say. I too have concerns, but I am prepared to listen to what they have to offer and give them the benefit of doubt on the set up. TfE were only formed a few weeks ago and I'm sure that their model and mode of operating is evolving.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

• admin locked this topic