New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No its genuine - However as with any decision in Football the people Running the Club have a Major influence in wither you would leave a secure job as a manager to a Club at the bottom of the League 

I dont believe they are driven by Financial Gain - however if they go down the TFE Route I believe it would be a serious error of judgement on there part and I would oppose TFE Takeover on every level and continue to do so - I do not believe a TFE Takeover is in any shape or form good for the Long Term Future of the Club - its simply another takeover - however unlike the Consortium they are using Colin Weirs Money 

They cant even muster support of 10% of the Fan Base its ridiculous that in any shape or form they should be considered the voice of the Fans - complete nonsense 

As for them Running the Club -  show me there Business Experience - Show me the Companies they have Run 

Exactly who are TFE ? So far we have Social Media Statements with Well Crafted Responses to the Question they choose to answer - lots of PR - very little of substance 

We are to accept "there" version of how Fan Ownership will look ? 

And the managed to Contact Colin Weir and convince him to put up circa £10-12 MN when the previous Board couldn't get hold of him - just like that - launch - couple of weeks later the get more Money £10- 12 MN 

You seem to think being a business person automatically means you will be great at running a football club so ......mike Ashley ? Craig whyte ? 

business people have killed more football clubs than fans ever have 

Edited by javeajag

55 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You seem to think being a business person automatically means you will be great at running a football club so ......mike Ashley ? Craig whyte ? 

business people have killed more football clubs than fans ever have 

Mike Ashley has not Killed Newcastle 

Craig Whyte was not a Businessman 

The vast Majority of Clubs are Run by experienced Business People with track records and are well Run - to suggest otherwise is complete nonsense  

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Still never answered the question, why was Colin Weir so pissed off if everything was done by the book  , if you check back your posts you said Beattie and Co weren’t coming back for any financial gain.

That is not true 

You will need to ask Colin Weir - strenous attempts were made to meet with him - they all failed - but TFE got £10MN + simply by turning up - dont you think that just a wee bit strange ? - Of Course Not - No more Strange than the Thistle Trust putting out a Statement saying they were against the Consortium Takeover on the same day as TFE put in a Weir backed bid for the Club 

Of course all these things are sheer coincidence  

On 10/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

But by supporting TfE you will get some say in the TfE decision process. If you don’t like what is being proposed or who they are appointing then you have your democratic right to vote against it (or withdraw support). Not sure what part of that people aren’t getting.

This is a TFE Takeover the decisions have already been made - the Model has already been decided - the structure has already been decided - where is there support ? How do they know the Fans want Fan Ownership - based on what exactly - 263 Pledged Supporters - does that indicate the Fans are behind them - but bottom line they simply ignore that - they are taking over - so this has ZERO to do with the wishes of the Fans - its a TFE /Weir Takeover   

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This is a TFE Takeover the decisions have already been made - the Model has already been decided - the structure has already been decided - where is there support ? How do they know the Fans want Fan Ownership - based on what exactly - 263 Pledged Supporters - does that indicate the Fans are behind them - but bottom line they simply ignore that - they are taking over - so this has ZERO to do with the wishes of the Fans - its a TFE /Weir Takeover   

There seem to be four fans in favour of the consortium and you are two of them !

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

That is speculation on your part 

He said. SHE said. Seems to be taking over this thread.

Fan ownership might be a great model. It might not. Probably depends on who is involved and who isn't. Of course they have a better chance of making a success of it with Colin Weirs money. I am sure it appeals to us all to a greater or lesser extent to be running our own club - it certainly does with me. Can't be a narrow group though, really needs to be a broad church.

Thistle minded business people might be a good model , might not. They haven't done that badly in past, but then again we have nothing to compare it to. They certainly seem to - touch wood - have appointed the right manager.

Consortium/foreign ownership  could be good thing, but might not - suspect we are never going to find out. Barnsley are where they are when they took over , albeit with younger players who may come good. But may not. Nice are sold to an investor with a track record in sport. Dundee United wouldn't go back to Thomson now. 

Truth is after 205 pages, we all have opinions, but none of us know about any of these options, but the most romantic notion is for the fans to run the club through TFE. Its just for me a question over whether fans will engage with that, or just want to turn up. As if its the private domain of a few noisy individuals, I am not sure it has the best chance of success. Sounds like we will all have a chance to be involved, but will apathy win the day?

16 minutes ago, jaf said:

Fan ownership might be a great model. It might not. Probably depends on who is involved and who isn't. Of course they have a better chance of making a success of it with Colin Weirs money. I am sure it appeals to us all to a greater or lesser extent to be running our own club - it certainly does with me. Can't be a narrow group though, really needs to be a broad church.

Thistle minded business people might be a good model , might not. They haven't done that badly in past, but then again we have nothing to compare it to. They certainly seem to - touch wood - have appointed the right manager.

Consortium/foreign ownership  could be good thing, but might not - suspect we are never going to find out. Barnsley are where they are when they took over , albeit with younger players who may come good. But may not. Nice are sold to an investor with a track record in sport. Dundee United wouldn't go back to Thomson now. 

Truth is after 205 pages, we all have opinions, but none of us know about any of these options, but the most romantic notion is for the fans to run the club through TFE. Its just for me a question over whether fans will engage with that, or just want to turn up. As if its the private domain of a few noisy individuals, I am not sure it has the best chance of success. Sounds like we will all have a chance to be involved, but will apathy win the day?

Lot to agree with here 

31 minutes ago, jaf said:

Sounds about right to me …. but the, 'he said, she said'  started many, many pages ago

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Are you in the know with TfE as well as the current board ? I'll certainly give TfE a fair hearing

7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Are you in the know with TfE as well as the current board ? I'll certainly give TfE a fair hearing

They have stated there Model from the outset - they have made ZERO attempt to engage beyond there pre prepared PR Statements - its a done deal - Weir is giving them the Money its there Model based on the support of 263 Fans - they if it goes through are taking over the Club backed by Weir 

So good luck with that ...........  

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

They have stated there Model from the outset - they have made ZERO attempt to engage beyond there pre prepared PR Statements - its a done deal - Weir is giving them the Money its there Model based on the support of 263 Fans - they if it goes through are taking over the Club backed by Weir 

So good luck with that ...........  

Let’s see

• Administrators

There is a lot of misleading information being posted on here re TfE. Personally I'd like to see TfE be a little more proactive in addressing that but in absence of that here goes. 

There is an implied suggestion that Thistle would be funded by the pledges. 

That isn't remotely the case. 

That would be new, additional income. 

The Club would continue to be funded precisely as it currently is through, but not limited to:

Season Ticket sales

Gate Receipts

Sponsorship and commercial activities

Prize money

Transfer activity 

It should also be noted that not currently making a pledge to TfE doesn't constitute a lack of support for the model they are proposing. 

Additionally, the Club won't be fan run but fan owned. Or at least no more fan run than it currently is. 

The Club will be run by a Board of Directors who will be appointed to the Board on the basis of their skill set. Precisely what happens now. 

So in summary, a TfE owned Thistle would be funded precisely as it currently is. The operational Board of Directors would be appointed precisely as they currently are. 

The difference lies in who would own the Club. 

That would be the fans of Partick Thistle Football Club. You and me. 

It's a model not without its challenges  but it is a safeguard against our club being vulnerable to the predatory instincts of an individual or individuals for whom the success of the team on the park may not be their number one priority. Or a priority at all. 

It's a challenge as I've said but for me an exciting one and one a hell of a more preferable to some of what has been suggested over the last few months. 

Finally, just for the benefit of doubt I have no connection with TfE aside from having made a modest monthly pledge. 

18 minutes ago, admin said:

There is a lot of misleading information being posted on here re TfE. Personally I'd like to see TfE be a little more proactive in addressing that but in absence of that here goes. 

There is an implied suggestion that Thistle would be funded by the pledges. 

That isn't remotely the case. 

That would be new, additional income. 

The Club would continue to be funded precisely as it currently is through, but not limited to:

Season Ticket sales

Gate Receipts

Sponsorship and commercial activities

Prize money

Transfer activity 

It should also be noted that not currently making a pledge to TfE doesn't constitute a lack of support for the model they are proposing. 

Additionally, the Club won't be fan run but fan owned. Or at least no more fan run than it currently is. 

The Club will be run by a Board of Directors who will be appointed to the Board on the basis of their skill set. Precisely what happens now. 

So in summary, a TfE owned Thistle would be funded precisely as it currently is. The operational Board of Directors would be appointed precisely as they currently are. 

The difference lies in who would own the Club. 

That would be the fans of Partick Thistle Football Club. You and me. 

It's a model not without its challenges  but it is a safeguard against our club being vulnerable to the predatory instincts of an individual or individuals for whom the success of the team on the park may not be their number one priority. Or a priority at all. 

It's a challenge as I've said but for me an exciting one and one a hell of a more preferable to some of what has been suggested over the last few months. 

Finally, just for the benefit of doubt I have no connection with TfE aside from having made a modest monthly pledge. 

Excellent post 

• Like 1

• admin locked this topic