New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

21 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Information is vague enough to allow us another 200 pages discussing whether it is dead or not.

Yes it looks like the thread is winding down. Who knows if some put their minds to it, edit a few posts here and there, agree that further due diligence on a deal that ain't happening is largely worthless, then we could get this thread done and dusted in only another 150 pages.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Yes it looks like the thread is winding down. Who knows if some put their minds to it, edit a few posts here and there, agree that further due diligence on a deal that ain't happening is largely worthless, then we could get this thread done and dusted in only another 150 pages.

These threads have a habit of rising from the crypt a year or so on, necromancy being one of our support's talents.

24 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

So, in dead bird terms more like a Pheonix than a Norwegian Blue Parrot, and certainly not yet a Dodo

Edited by Dick Dastardly

11 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I went a bit mad and thought if I want to know what is happening with TfE why not ask them? I received a response advising that an update was coming soon. I did not ask how soon is soon so that is the best I can give you.

For the avoidance of doubt I did pledge £20pm when it was first launched, don't have any shares in the club to transfer, beyond my e-mail communications have had no interaction with them and am not part the inner workings. I do know one of the guys as we were on the Board of the Jags Trust at the same time, I sometimes sell the winning ticket in the 50/50 draw and I strongly believe you put the water in before the milk when making tea or coffee!

I am going to argue with you for 200 pages as I strongly believe that you should put the milk in first. Can you explain the positive reasons for your belief, or is it just an opinion? What experience do you have of the interaction between water and milk? Have you ever been in the water or the milk business and indeed do you have a vested interest in either?

In Regency times the Duchess of somebody or other discovered if you put the milk in the cup first it stopped the boiling water from cracking the cup.  English society was shocked.  Until then the milk went in after the water.  Ceramic manufacturers hadn't perfected their craft at that time and cups were frequently cracking. 1-0 to Partickthedog I think.

12 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I am going to argue with you for 200 pages as I strongly believe that you should put the milk in first. Can you explain the positive reasons for your belief, or is it just an opinion? What experience do you have of the interaction between water and milk? Have you ever been in the water or the milk business and indeed do you have a vested interest in either?

I guess we've just gotta hope Jordanhill Jag and javeajag make their tea the same way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Are you trying to milk this discussion or just water it down ptd.:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Are you trying to milk this discussion or just water it down ptd.:D

AJ. I am not going to answer your question, but instead ask a new one of my own.

Do you take sugar? And if so, do you provide your own or is it supplied by a daddy? If the latter, is this sustainable in the long term? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

AJ. I am not going to answer your question, but instead ask a new one of my own.

Do you take sugar? And if so, do you provide your own or is it supplied by a daddy? If the latter, is this sustainable in the long term? 

PtD, still smiling about how your OK joke went Whoosh over the heads of some. 

interesting article in this months When Saturday Comes on the shambles that is Barnsley .....

"The fans fury has been turned on our silent owners, whose naive and inflexible transfer policies lie at the heart of this season's failure...Barnsley's buy cheap, nurture and sell policy has left them with their weakest squad over the past three years, just when they needed to compete in the Championship"

Beaten  4-2 by Stoke yesterday  to go bottom of the championship and their fans desperate for Conway and Co to sell up .....it’s hard to believe anyone would want these clowns at our club ( cue some comment on tfe.....) 

• Like 1

Quote in paper this morning 

ONE of the consortium trying to buy Partick Thistle has blasted the SFA for blocking the takeover.

Paul Conway says Hampden red tape will force New City Capital to look elsewhere.

Of their current ownership of Barnsley, he said: “We consider Barnsley the best-run club in English football.”

He forgets to mention the Tykes are second-bottom of the Championship and heading for relegation.

• Like 1

update from tfe 

Dear Thistle For Ever Supporter,

On behalf of the team here at Thistle For Ever, we want to thank you sincerely for pledging to support the campaign.

Our thanks to you and other Jags fans who have continued to pledge their support for Thistle For Ever in recent months.

Over the last few weeks, although we’ve been quiet, we’ve continued to work hard towards achieving our mutual aim of making Partick Thistle a fan-owned club.

As and when there is anything further to share, we will be back in touch. We thank you for your patience.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:31 PM, Lindau said:

Quote in paper this morning 

ONE of the consortium trying to buy Partick Thistle has blasted the SFA for blocking the takeover.

Paul Conway says Hampden red tape will force New City Capital to look elsewhere.

Of their current ownership of Barnsley, he said: “We consider Barnsley the best-run club in English football.”

He forgets to mention the Tykes are second-bottom of the Championship and heading for relegation.

Didn't our board at the time of Britton/Whyte then Collins have a tendency to brag about how we were the best-run club in the Scottish top division at the time?

• Like 1

The Weir thing - whatever it turns out to be - will be tied up this coming week or next, apparently.

It's why it's all gone quiet from TFE recently - it's all been overtaken by events.

(And for anyone who wants to know how I know this - whispers and rumours. But I think they're accurate.)

46 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

The Weir thing - whatever it turns out to be - will be tied up this coming week or next, apparently.

It's why it's all gone quiet from TFE recently - it's all been overtaken by events.

(And for anyone who wants to know how I know this - whispers and rumours. But I think they're accurate.)

Ah but, are these whispers and rumours known knowns or unknown knowns? 

• admin locked this topic