New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

12 minutes ago, chapwithwings said:

Low's company is doing the PR for Weir's takeover, she remains an adviser to Weir and is listed as a director of the company that now owns the majority shareholding in Thistle.  She might not be an interim director but it would be naive to presume she hasn't an involvement in all this.  John Penman is a founding member of TFE, as listed on their Facebook Q&A recently, and now sits on the interim board - presumably helping to facilitate the eventual transfer of shares.

So no, there's absolutely no official  boardroom role with TFE or Thistle for Low.  But there's a legitimate question to be asked over whether, especially in light of Macklin's tweet and its subsequent removal, she is directly or indirectly involved in what's happening. 

Three Black Cats own 55% of Partick Thistle - Jlo as a Director of Three Black Cats  has a duty to be involved in key decisions involving Three Black Cats business - the interim Board at the Club are appointed by the  Directors of Three Black Cats - the Steering Group to decide on Fan Ownership will be decided by the Three Black Cats Appointed Board - the Fan ownership Model will need to satisfy the Directors of Three Black Cats before any Share Transfer takes place - bit like Brexit  - the default position is then a No Deal 

Its not quite the utopia of Fan Ownership that people thought it would be ? 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

54 minutes ago, flashman said:

According to Companies House Jacqui Low is still a director of Three Black Cats, the new owners. However, since she has not yet been named as part of the interim board then hopefully she will get nowhere near the running of the club or the PR.

If she is the yet to be named member of the interim board then that would immediately toilet much of the goodwill surrounding the announcement, given how unpopular and divisive she was as Chair.

Three Black Cats own 55% of the Club - its as simple as that the decisions ref who runs the Club on there behalf is from three Black Cats - it can appoint someone to attend Board Meetings on there behalf  - so lets just wait and see ..........

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Three Black Cats own 55% of Partick Thistle - Jlo as a Director of Three Black Cats  has a duty to be involved in key decisions involving Three Black Cats Main assett - the interim Board at the Club are appointed by the  Directors of Three Black Cats - the Steering Group to decide on Fan Ownership will be decided by the Three Black Cats Appointed Board - the Fan ownership Model will need to satisfy the Directors of Three Black Cats before any Share Transfer takes place - bit like Brexit  - the default position is then a No Deal 

Its not quite the utopia of Fan Ownership that people thought it would be ? 

Can you stop it your depressingly negative .... Colin weir owns 100 % of three black cats so he’s making g the decisions 

the club statement is clear it is the intention to transfer 55% of the clubs shares to a new fans organisation by the end of March 

get over it 

• Like 1

Just now, javeajag said:

Can you stop it your depressingly negative .... Colin weir owns 100 % of three black cats so he’s making g the decisions 

the club statement is clear it is the intention to transfer 55% of the clubs shares to a new fans organisation by the end of March 

get over it 

You know this how ? 

The Board of Directors make decisions otherwise there is no point in having a Board 

Intention and reality are different and as yet we dont know the T&C of transfer - lets just wait and see 

You supported TFE takeover as it was Thistle Fans - we werent taking over by TFE we have something different 

We trust Beattie & co to sell the club to people who have best interests of PTFC at heart. Does that matter whether it’s Weir/Fan Ownership or Lee/Conway.

Yes JLow made an **** of a number of things last time out. But has Beattie never made a mistake.

PR & communication have to improve. The return of a familiar face or two has helped the team on the park. Let’s see what January & beyond brings.

Perhaps JLow if she returns will have learned from previous mistakes? 

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

You know this how ? 

The Board of Directors make decisions otherwise there is no point in having a Board 

Intention and reality are different and as yet we dont know the T&C of transfer - lets just wait and see 

You supported TFE takeover as it was Thistle Fans - we werent taking over by TFE we have something different 

Are you for  real ?  

it’s in the club statement and in comments to the press and in the tfe statement and in the trust statement ffs 

we don’t know if tomorrow will come but if it does we know you’ll be moaning about it !

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

We trust Beattie & co to sell the club to people who have best interests of PTFC at heart. Does that matter whether it’s Weir/Fan Ownership or Lee/Conway.

Yes JLow made an **** of a number of things last time out. But has Beattie never made a mistake.

PR & communication have to improve. The return of a familiar face or two has helped the team on the park. Let’s see what January & beyond brings.

Perhaps JLow if she returns will have learned from previous mistakes? 

Not convinced about this. It appears that he was happy to sell to whoever was first to get a deal over the line.

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

get over it 

It was the intention of the shareholder group to sell to Conway et al. 

Intentions do not always turn into reality. 

why not spend 12 quid set up a new company and have it holding the shares for the 4 months?   Why?

look this could be an absolutely brilliant result for ptfc. Or it might not be.  It’s not what was trailered that’s for sure. But you are defending something where at present we know limited detail and some of the detail your beloved tfe put out have already been shown to be “erroneous”. 

if it all works out as INTENDED who can complain. But let’s not pretend that this is not without risk and presently resembling a back street con trick in terms of the transparency Engagement and honesty with fans. 

Frankly having paid the money Colin weir is to my mind free to put whoever he wants in charge. That is his right as owner.  But let’s just be open and transparent about the substance of this transaction and the risks it presents. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaf said:

It was the intention of the shareholder group to sell to Conway et al. 

Intentions do not always turn into reality. 

why not spend 12 quid set up a new company and have it holding the shares for the 4 months?   Why?

look this could be an absolutely brilliant result for ptfc. Or it might not be.  It’s not what was trailered that’s for sure. But you are defending something where at present we know limited detail and some of the detail your beloved tfe put out have already been shown to be “erroneous”. 

if it all works out as INTENDED who can complain. But let’s not pretend that this is not without risk and presently resembling a back street con trick in terms of the transparency Engagement and honesty with fans. 

Frankly having paid the money Colin weir is to my mind free to put whoever he wants in charge. That is his right as owner.  But let’s just be open and transparent about the substance of this transaction and the risks it presents. 

I suspect he used 3BC because it was already in existence and possibly because of other potential deals in the pipeline eg a training g facility 

I’m defending what the club and Colin weir have said because there is no reason not to... there is no reason to disbelieve him when he says what he plans to do 

I like the my beloved tfe bit as I have as much involvement with them as you have 

clearly you have  an issue with Colin weir buying the club but dress it up as some faux concern over transparency 

I suspect if it all goes as intended you will indeed complain 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not convinced about this. It appears that he was happy to sell to whoever was first to get a deal over the line.

Truth be told, I agree. Thing is, some on here were quick to remind folk of that when Lee/Conway doubts were being raised by other supporters.

No fan of JLow but it’s all hypothetical in the short term & besides Weir has put a helluva lot of money into things like team bonding trips as well as youth academy & other things.

Let’s see where this takes us.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McD said:

Maybe some of our older viewers can help me here ,back in the 80s/90s I seem to remember did Charan Gill not want to put money into Thistle and was told in no uncertain terms to put it where the sun doesn't shine..

Think he might have been led a merry dance by an “unscrupulous politician!” - hard to believe I know!

9 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

We now know who has bought the shares and his plans to give them to a fans group. As Thistle fans we all want the best for the club. No matter our thoughts on who should be owning us, lets get behind this and give it our full support.

More than that. It needs our full involvement.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I suspect he used 3BC because it was already in existence and possibly because of other potential deals in the pipeline eg a training g facility 

I’m defending what the club and Colin weir have said because there is no reason not to... there is no reason to disbelieve him when he says what he plans to do 

I like the my beloved tfe bit as I have as much involvement with them as you have 

clearly you have  an issue with Colin weir buying the club but dress it up as some faux concern over transparency 

But he could have created a NewCo overnight with him as Sole Director in less than 24 Hours for the sole purpose of Temporary Holding of Shares - and left 3 Black Cats for future Training Ground Development - but he chose not to ? 

The Road to Ruin is paved with Good Intentions lets see what transpires 

Your argument was that TFE were a Club being Run by Fans so you supported there bid - fair enough but TFE bid didnt happen - Three Black Cats happened thats a different more complicated ball game 

Dont have an issue with Colin Weir buying the Club its his money and there is no issue on Transparency  - 3 blackCats and its Directors are now calling the shots ref the Future of the Club - thats where we are

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Para 1 - you could be right, but it is not a necessity so if you wanted to distance it from the former chair knowing the sensitivities around that, it could easily have been done. It was chosen not to.

Para 2 - agreed. But there are other circumstances and risks to that. Perhaps Tfe have covered them all off. We don't know the detail which is what my post said. I perhaps have a different attitude to risk to you- I have to look for it in my day job - but only the passing of time will say whether your confidence or my concerns were correct.

Para 3 - perhaps even less

Para 4 - I don't see how you can reach that conclusion which is btw entirely incorrect. I defend the right of the previous shareholders to sell to whomsoever they wish, and I state in my post that it could be an amazing thing for the club. I also say that he is free to put whoever he wishes in control of the club - not necessarily that I have to like it, and now that he owns the club if I don't like it then I can vote with my feet. But fundamentally I will tell you now, I am totally supportive of Colin Weir buying the club, and of Colin Weir passing ownership to a fit for purpose democraticised vehicle for fan ownership.  I am not dressing up anything - you can quote me on this - I have no issue with Colin Weir buying the club.

Para 5 - will you if it doesn't?      I don't see how anyone can complain if an idyllic solution is formulated and executed.  Perhaps the Trusts and TFE will communicate with the supporters to get a broad range of opinions to form the solutions. I will give you an absolute pledge Javeajag that should appeal to you greatly - you will hear no complaining from me if everyone is true to their word.

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

But he could have created a NewCo overnight with him as Sole Director in less than 24 Hours for the sole purpose of Temporary Holding of Shares - and left 3 Black Cats for future Training Ground Development - but he chose not to ? 

The Road to Ruin is paved with Good Intentions lets see what transpires 

Your argument was that TFE were a Club being Run by Fans so you supported there bid - fair enough but TFE bid didnt happen - Three Black Cats happened thats a different more complicated ball game 

Dont have an issue with Colin Weir buying the Club its his money and there is no issue on Transparency  - 3 blackCats and its Directors are now calling the shots ref the Future of the Club - thats where we are

The new training facility is going to be a different arrangement 

I’m in the ABC camp ..... anyone but conway 

• admin locked this topic