New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

7 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Due diligence or no due diligence the one question I haven't seen answered on here is, how far is Barnsley from the Rhubarb Triangle?

Alas it about 17miles outside of it. That's a lot of rhubarb crumble. .....Wahoo! Do I get those boxers then?

Edited by Garscube Road End
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The press report it as either “sacked” or “dismissed”. However you translate “separated” I think we can safely assume from all reports that Stendle did not go willingly.

I didn’t say separated - that was the club statement that Javeajag posted. Assume all you like. I would rather rely on facts.

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I didn’t say separated - that was the club statement that Javeajag posted. Assume all you like. I would rather rely on facts.

In the absence of facts you could make a fair judgement, if you weren't just trying to have a go at someone.

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You think I am just having a go at someone ? If that is how it appears, I am sorry - it’s not my intention 

The facts are that the club put out a statement saying they had separated from him 

I think to most people this implies they took the initiative,  in addition he has made no public comment which is consistent with having to sign a gagging clause which would not have been the case if he had walked 

37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The facts are that the club put out a statement saying they had separated from him 

I think to most people this implies they took the initiative,  in addition he has made no public comment which is consistent with having to sign a gagging clause which would not have been the case if he had walked 

You might be right, but I am now out of this discussion.

May now be an irrelevance if, as some have suggested, the takeover is no longer progressing.

I just thought the comment from Scott Gemmill in the BBC article today was an interesting parallel with the potential situation as a feeder club, and the sometimes conflicting priorities of player development and results.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50038872

Edited by allyo

Just wondering, as I can’t be bothered reading all the previous pages and it’s hard to get information about this as a nomad, if anyone here has any strong thoughts about the relative merits of the consortium or tfe?

Hopefully  most posters just want the best for Thistle and would be happy with either outcome, trusting in the current custodians to make an informed decision. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Just wondering, as I can’t be bothered reading all the previous pages and it’s hard to get information about this as a nomad, if anyone here has any strong thoughts about the relative merits of the consortium or tfe?

Hopefully  most posters just want the best for Thistle and would be happy with either outcome, trusting in the current custodians to make an informed decision. 

Unlike yourself I am not a nomad, I am only about 8 miles from Firhill. But like yourself, I know next to nothing about the takeover. I am not on Twitter, Facebook or other social media. I depend on getting all my Thistle information from this forum.Reading the posts on this thread you have to be all for one, either the consortium or TFE and totally against the other. As far as I know and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong, nobody on this forum is truly in the know with regard to this takeover. So we have 200 pages and counting of argument and counter argument. With no real substance to back any of it up.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Unlike yourself I am not a nomad, I am only about 8 miles from Firhill. But like yourself, I know next to nothing about the takeover. I am not on Twitter, Facebook or other social media. I depend on getting all my Thistle information from this forum.Reading the posts on this thread you have to be all for one, either the consortium or TFE and totally against the other. As far as I know and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong, nobody on this forum is truly in the know with regard to this takeover. So we have 200 pages and counting of argument and counter argument. With no real substance to back any of it up.

To be fair AJ most of the speculation came about because the "consortium" and the selling shareholders refused to engage with the fan-base of the club they were buying/selling. Many people were concerned about what was happening to this club and being kept in the dark was not helping. The supporters of the board/consortium did not help much by saying that we should all just trust the current chair and a couple of other board members purely because they were better businessmen and therefore knew better than the rest of us.

When the TFE proposals appeared they were much clearer about what direction they wanted the club to go in. In a few days they offered more communication with the fans than the consortium did in almost half a year. It was a pity that those against the fan-owned model could only resort to trying to attack personalities instead of addressing the principles.

Granted all has gone quiet on the TFE proposals. I don't know why this is and hope we will hear something definite from either side soon.

Edited by scotty
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

This post might just spark another 200 pages of speculation

7 hours ago, scotty said:

To be fair AJ most of the speculation came about because the "consortium" and the selling shareholders refused to engage with the fan-base of the club they were buying/selling. Many people were concerned about what was happening to this club and being kept in the dark was not helping. The supporters of the board/consortium did not help much by saying that we should all just trust the current chair and a couple of other board members purely because they were better businessmen and therefore knew better than the rest of us.

When the TFE proposals appeared they were much clearer about what direction they wanted the club to go in. In a few days they offered more communication with the fans than the consortium did in almost half a year. It was a pity that those against the fan-owned model could only resort to trying to attack personalities instead of addressing the principles.

Granted all has gone quiet on the TFE proposals. I don't know why this is and hope we will hear something definite from either side soon.

What your stating is not correct - people have reservations about TFE on multi levels - to simply state that the concept was attacked due to "personalities " is not true - TFE have said lots and at the same time said very little - they puck and choose the questions they wish to answer and simply ignore ones they wish to aviod - Most Consortiums dont go public with there Plans Pre Take Over - including Hibs - so this is standard practice - the Board have met Fans in Person at the Q&A and AGM unlike TFE who only communicate via Social Media     

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

28 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

What your stating is not correct - people have reservations about TFE on multi levels - to simply state that the concept was attacked due to "personalities " is not true - TFE have said lots and at the same time said very little - they puck and choose the questions they wish to answer and simply ignore ones they wish to aviod - Most Consortiums dont go public with there Plans Pre Take Over - including Hibs - so this is standard practice - the Board have met Fans in Person at the Q&A and AGM unlike TFE who only communicate via Social Media     

So what if the Board have met fans at the Q&A and AGM? They organize those things! 

Where and when did the Consortium meet fans?

Which questions have the Consortium answered, never mind picking and choosing?

You have clearly tried to compare apples and oranges, while throwing in the banana of the Board.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So what if the Board have met fans at the Q&A and AGM? They organize those things! 

Where and when did the Consortium meet fans?

Which questions have the Consortium answered, never mind picking and choosing?

You have clearly tried to compare apples and oranges, while throwing in the banana of the Board.

Show me where any other takeover Consortium has met with Fans prior to a takeover - it doesn't happen - you are demanding something that simply doesn't happen in takeovers - whatismore - given the level of vitriol being fed to the Press - all meeting with Fans would do is provide more ammo to those who are against it ( its there right to be against it ) but its also the Right of the Consortium to say nothing until they actually have a confirmed deal - this is standard business practice 

The Consortium have no status on any level at the Club they are a bidder - until they own the Club get a chance to assess things then they arent going to discuss plans that can be used to beat them up with in the future - thats madness 

As for TFE - we have a vague wish list and they pick and choose the questions they wish to answer - so they arent as open as you are making out 

There is not answering because you are in detailed legal discussions and not answering because you dont like the questions  

TFE and there Supporters play on the fact they are Fans - well so are the Board and as Fans they meet people publicly and answer questions as best they can - they dont vet every question and take 3 days to respond to get the wording exactly correct    

• admin locked this topic