Jump to content

Jag

New Owner

douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

 

 

 

 

 

Message added by douglas clark

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Due diligence or no due diligence the one question I haven't seen answered on here is, how far is Barnsley from the Rhubarb Triangle?

Alas it about 17miles outside of it. That's a lot of rhubarb crumble. .....Wahoo! Do I get those boxers then?

Edited by Garscube Road End
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Alas it about 17miles outside of it. That's a lot of rhubarb crumble. .....Wahoo! Do I get those boxers then?

Congrats on getting the 200 up, GRE :thumbsup2:

And on such a fitting subject as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Alas it about 17miles outside of it. That's a lot of rhubarb crumble. .....Wahoo! Do I get those boxers then?

Sorry GRE, no spare boxers, clean or otherwise. You will always have the honour of starting page 200 though.:worship:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Yes. Auld Jag is donating a pair of skid mark boxers

Far to generous a prize for a lot of the post's in this thread.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The press report it as either “sacked” or “dismissed”. However you translate “separated” I think we can safely assume from all reports that Stendle did not go willingly.

I didn’t say separated - that was the club statement that Javeajag posted. Assume all you like. I would rather rely on facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I didn’t say separated - that was the club statement that Javeajag posted. Assume all you like. I would rather rely on facts.

In the absence of facts you could make a fair judgement, if you weren't just trying to have a go at someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, allyo said:

In the absence of facts you could make a fair judgement, if you weren't just trying to have a go at someone.

You think I am just having a go at someone ? If that is how it appears, I am sorry - it’s not my intention 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You think I am just having a go at someone ? If that is how it appears, I am sorry - it’s not my intention 

The facts are that the club put out a statement saying they had separated from him 

I think to most people this implies they took the initiative,  in addition he has made no public comment which is consistent with having to sign a gagging clause which would not have been the case if he had walked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The facts are that the club put out a statement saying they had separated from him 

I think to most people this implies they took the initiative,  in addition he has made no public comment which is consistent with having to sign a gagging clause which would not have been the case if he had walked 

You might be right, but I am now out of this discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You think I am just having a go at someone ? If that is how it appears, I am sorry - it’s not my intention 

Fair enough. I may have misjudged. Apologies if so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I didn’t say separated - that was the club statement that Javeajag posted. Assume all you like. I would rather rely on facts.

The facts are they are Empire loving Siths that went to Slytherin house and wear black cowboy hats.

Those are the facts, now you decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May now be an irrelevance if, as some have suggested, the takeover is no longer progressing.

I just thought the comment from Scott Gemmill in the BBC article today was an interesting parallel with the potential situation as a feeder club, and the sometimes conflicting priorities of player development and results.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50038872

 

 

 

Edited by allyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Congrats on getting the 200 up, GRE :thumbsup2:

And on such a fitting subject as well.

Can GRE do the double though and get the 5,000th post too.  Excitement looms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Can GRE do the double though and get the 5,000th post too.  Excitement looms.

I think he can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering, as I can’t be bothered reading all the previous pages and it’s hard to get information about this as a nomad, if anyone here has any strong thoughts about the relative merits of the consortium or tfe?

Hopefully  most posters just want the best for Thistle and would be happy with either outcome, trusting in the current custodians to make an informed decision. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Just wondering, as I can’t be bothered reading all the previous pages and it’s hard to get information about this as a nomad, if anyone here has any strong thoughts about the relative merits of the consortium or tfe?

Hopefully  most posters just want the best for Thistle and would be happy with either outcome, trusting in the current custodians to make an informed decision. 

Unlike yourself I am not a nomad, I am only about 8 miles from Firhill. But like yourself, I know next to nothing about the takeover. I am not on Twitter, Facebook or other social media. I depend on getting all my Thistle information from this forum.Reading the posts on this thread you have to be all for one, either the consortium or TFE and totally against the other. As far as I know and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong, nobody on this forum is truly in the know with regard to this takeover. So we have 200 pages and counting of argument and counter argument. With no real substance to back any of it up.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Unlike yourself I am not a nomad, I am only about 8 miles from Firhill. But like yourself, I know next to nothing about the takeover. I am not on Twitter, Facebook or other social media. I depend on getting all my Thistle information from this forum.Reading the posts on this thread you have to be all for one, either the consortium or TFE and totally against the other. As far as I know and I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong, nobody on this forum is truly in the know with regard to this takeover. So we have 200 pages and counting of argument and counter argument. With no real substance to back any of it up.

To be fair AJ most of the speculation came about because the "consortium" and the selling shareholders refused to engage with the fan-base of the club they were buying/selling. Many people were concerned about what was happening to this club and being kept in the dark was not helping. The supporters of the board/consortium did not help much by saying that we should all just trust the current chair and a couple of other board members purely because they were better businessmen and therefore knew better than the rest of us.

When the TFE proposals appeared they were much clearer about what direction they wanted the club to go in. In a few days they offered more communication with the fans than the consortium did in almost half a year. It was a pity that those against the fan-owned model could only resort to trying to attack personalities instead of addressing the principles.

Granted all has gone quiet on the TFE proposals. I don't know why this is and hope we will hear something definite from either side soon.

Edited by scotty
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Just wondering, as I can’t be bothered reading all the previous pages and it’s hard to get information about this as a nomad, if anyone here has any strong thoughts about the relative merits of the consortium or tfe?

Hopefully  most posters just want the best for Thistle and would be happy with either outcome, trusting in the current custodians to make an informed decision. 

This post might just spark another 200 pages of speculation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scotty said:

To be fair AJ most of the speculation came about because the "consortium" and the selling shareholders refused to engage with the fan-base of the club they were buying/selling. Many people were concerned about what was happening to this club and being kept in the dark was not helping. The supporters of the board/consortium did not help much by saying that we should all just trust the current chair and a couple of other board members purely because they were better businessmen and therefore knew better than the rest of us.

When the TFE proposals appeared they were much clearer about what direction they wanted the club to go in. In a few days they offered more communication with the fans than the consortium did in almost half a year. It was a pity that those against the fan-owned model could only resort to trying to attack personalities instead of addressing the principles.

Granted all has gone quiet on the TFE proposals. I don't know why this is and hope we will hear something definite from either side soon.

What your stating is not correct - people have reservations about TFE on multi levels - to simply state that the concept was attacked due to "personalities " is not true - TFE have said lots and at the same time said very little - they puck and choose the questions they wish to answer and simply ignore ones they wish to aviod - Most Consortiums dont go public with there Plans Pre Take Over - including Hibs - so this is standard practice - the Board have met Fans in Person at the Q&A and AGM unlike TFE who only communicate via Social Media     

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×