New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well I’m not assuming we are given the whole truth on one item when others are not even addressed .... a member of the previous board has stated there was no deficit for example 

and as they will all be off shortly ....

Surely a Budget is a view of future revenue as opposed to a fact 

32 minutes ago, jaf said:

So you all don't want a takeover that could threaten the sustainability of the club, but are happy for people running massive deficit budgets which could by extension threaten the sustainability of the club, and are angry that people have come in and attempted to balance the budget?

Where has it been confirmed we have a massive deficit? Have you had a preview of the audited accounts 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So the old board say there was no deficit and they certainly had not budgeted for money from Fitzpatrick or Lindsay and have threatened legal action .... meanwhile the old old board come back in to sell the club and say there is a deficit so we have to cut back ....

Nothing to see here 

Its a fair point that we know neither the budget assumptions of either board

Anyone can have a balanced budget in any business, but it does not mean it is grounded in reality

Just as anyone can produce a deficit budget, and the same rules apply

But we are not getting to see the budgets, so I am taking the latest  official statement (against a backdrop of legal challenge if it is inaccurate) as reflecting the situation until someone evidences something different

1 minute ago, Thistleberight said:

No wonder colin weir walked, if they are taking or re directing cash from the academy. I don't know what to think other than I'm getting as twitchy about this board as the last one

This boards agenda is to sell the club , take the cash and move on

Everything has to be seen in this context so painting dreadful finances works well in this regard as it helps sell the club 

1 minute ago, Thistleberight said:

No wonder colin weir walked, if they are taking or re directing cash from the academy. I don't know what to think other than I'm getting as twitchy about this board as the last one

where does it say they are redirecting money from the Academy ? its was from memory a % going back to the Academy - this will have been covered on first  Lindsay Transfer and Fitz is a smaller Fee - so there is no evidence to support your statement  

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Where has it been confirmed we have a massive deficit? Have you had a preview of the audited accounts 

As previously replied when you asked earlier-

Ok - SIGNIFICANT , I stand corrected - personally I think a deficit that exceeds the incoming transfer fees from Fitzy and Liam sell ons is pretty massive in context of this division but I wont die in a ditch over it

(per the statement)

13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But we didnt run a Bus to all the Games in the Championship in the past - we are simply following what we normally do at this level in Football ?  

Normally following? First time I’m aware of that we have become a team of Barnsley reserves

Just now, javeajag said:

Everything has to be seen in this context so painting dreadful finances works well in this regard as it helps sell the club 

But thats been the case since the takeover - it doesnt preclude them carrying out there duties to the best of the Club 

8 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Who said that ? The rule of thumb is anything within an hours drive of the Stadium eg Dunfermline - not all our Players live in Glasgow for a lot of them driving is easier  

Don't know who said it to be honest. It certainly appeared to be a focus in some newspaper stories.

By the way, I'm not obsessed with buses.

Beginning to lose the will to live on all this...

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

But thats been the case since the takeover - it doesnt preclude them carrying out there duties to the best of the Club 

It first mean they are either .... I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think they are taking actions to ensure the club is sold whether they are in the interests of the club is another matter 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I disagree to some extent, but you are right this is about selling the club

Their price will probably have adjustors for net assets/working capital targets

A deficit budget would impact those - adversely

They have to get back to a balanced budget to preserve their deal

So I agree its about the deal

However if you paint a bad enough picture on finances you actually potentially threaten the deal so I do not think that is the driver or motivation here - I think its about price preservation/maximisation

• Administrators

Of all the things that worry me, of which there are plenty, the bus thing isn't one of them.

As indicated elsewhere it is a return to a previous policy, albeit when we were skint. 

Alloa is about on the cusp of where if following this policy I would expect consideration to using a bus would kick in. I can certainly remember us not taking a bus to Stirling previously and to Falkirk the day we won the league. 

It probably suits a lot of the players too. They don't need to get to Firhill to get the bus or whatever scheduled pick up point (used to be Westerwood) just straight to the venue which might be less travelling for them. And after the game they can head straight to wherever they are going without having to head back to Firhill or wherever. 

It actually makes a lot of sense. 

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

I disagree to some extent, but you are right this is about selling the club

Their price will probably have adjustors for net assets/working capital targets

A deficit budget would impact those - adversely

They have to get back to a balanced budget to preserve their deal

So I agree its about the deal

However if you paint a bad enough picture on finances you actually potentially threaten the deal so I do not think that is the driver or motivation here - I think its about price preservation/maximisation

Yes it’s about the deal and ensuring they get the best price but let’s not conflate that with it being in the best interests of the club just the people selling it 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Not really - its not a good thing if the objective is selling to paint a poor financial picture ? I think they were going to say very little about finaces but there hand has been forced   

Yes let’s not mention Beattie not  cutting budgets when we were relegated but cutting budgets now to sell the club 

Just now, javeajag said:

Yes it’s about the deal and ensuring they get the best price but let’s not conflate that with it being in the best interests of the club just the people selling it 

But the two arent mutally exclusive - having a balanced budget is in the best interests in the Club - the "balanced" element is down to who is setting the budget forecasts - whilst a lot of what you say is most likely correct - I have a lot of faith in guys like Ronnie Gilfillan and Norman Springford  

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Yes let’s not mention Beattie not  cutting budgets when we were relegated but cutting budgets now to sell the club 

He isnt cutting budgets to sell the Club thats complete nonsense - he is balancing what they see as a Budget defcit - your just making things up 

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

The statement states the players budget remains the same. If true we can expect more signings then. Also refutes the allegation we are not going for promotion.....

I am not sure you can take from that statement how much of the playing budget remains. It just says that the budget hasn’t been cut by £200K.

Just now, javeajag said:

Agreed, but that also by extension does not necessarily mean that the original budget in place was in the best interests of the club either

And it also still does not mean that the sale of the 55% of the club may not yet be in the best interests of the club

But without us seeing and challenging the assumptions in both sets of budgets, and without us knowing the detail of the plans of the buyers, we can never reach a point we have informed opinions on this - I wish we both did so we could debate it properly, or even agree

• admin locked this topic