New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Im just pragmatic - and I would rather we are sold to someone with a Plan 

Yes their plan is to make money for new city capital which does necessarily mean investing in the club or the club being successful in a footballing sense....but have you the seen their plan ? Colin weir has.....

19 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Surely its up to Colin Weir to make any statement as the Club doesn't speak on his behalf ? Currently we have a Press Article - The Club have answered on the £200K  Player Budget - they have advised Buses are Alloa and Morton only - they have discussed budgeting in detail - not sure what is missing ?  

You're either a complete dafty or are playing a game. I suspect you might be inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.

Why would it be up to CW, he's the one who's had the dirty done to him. It wasnt his decision to take this course of action.

The press article says nothing. Camouflage nothing more.

And I don't care about buses. You're the one who keeps harping on about the buses. I think all bar you has moved on from that due to more pressing issues.

You're becoming an apologist for your friends. Simple fact is jj they're not talking about the takeover and the status of our club.  which is exactly what you accused the last board of. The fact you haven't addressed my initial assertion regarding your personal position on your hypocritical stance, suggests I'm right??  You're deploying different standards to the last board and to this board full of your fatcat friends.......harrumph!!

Just now, javeajag said:

Yes their plan is to make money for new city capital which does necessarily mean investing in the club or the club being successful in a footballing sense....but have you the seen their plan ? Colin weir has.....

How do you know he has - it doesnt say that in his statement ?  

17 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok wow - nope there mine  - I make my own mind up on things 

They're ffs

Their.

There. 

They're.

It's not rocket science..........sorry, been a hard day:white_flag:

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

How do you know he has - it doesnt say that in his statement ?  

He says he has spoken to the selling shareholders group, not convinced by what they had to say and there is no substantive plan for the club .....I take that as worrying 

Fully understand why Colin Weir has withdrawn his funding. The pressure should and will be on the new owners to match his financial input. Should be easy for a billionaire! This takeover is happening and all most of us can hope for is that we somehow end up in a better position. The timing is however abysmal. Only PTFC can manage to feck up the windfall from Fitzpatrick and Lindsay. What would have happened to our current finances if that money had not materialised! Incredible stuff! 

• Like 1

Just now, Thistleberight said:

You're either a complete dafty or are playing a game. I suspect you might be inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity.

Why would it be up to CW, he's the one who's had the dirty done to him. It wasnt his decision to take this course of action.

The press article says nothing. Camouflage nothing more.

And I don't care about buses. You're the one who keeps harping on about the buses. I think all bar you has moved on from that due to more pressing issues.

You're becoming an apologist for your friends. Simple fact is jj they're not talking about the takeover and the status of our club.  which is exactly what you accused the last board of. The fact you haven't addressed my initial assertion regarding your personal position on your hypocritical stance, suggests I'm right??  You're deploying different standards to the last board and to this board full of your fatcat friends.......harrumph!!

Complete nonsense - to date we have had a Press Article - most of which has been answered in 24 Hours - people may disagree with the answers  but its been answered - we have no idea regards the discussions with Colin Weir - I seen nothing in the past Season that indicated we were going anywhere - so Im fully supportive of the takeover - they have New Ideas -Fresh Approach - very analytical all things I can relate to in Sport -  as for the Shareholders selling - good luck to them  - they put in hard earned cash - so what there getting it back ?  

53 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Open your eyes. The statement says what the transfer funds will be used for. Zero mention of the academy, not even a nod that what had been proposed to be taken off the transfer would be. Of course no mention that it wouldnt, so we can only go with what they say in the statement. THEIR statement. Not mine.

Were we paying anything towards the academy ? Was that not being funded by Colin Weir ?

Complete nonsense - to date we have had a Press Article - most of which has been answered in 24 Hours - people may disagree with the answers  but its been answered - we have no idea regards the discussions with Colin Weir - I seen nothing in the past Season that indicated we were going anywhere - so Im fully supportive of the takeover - they have New Ideas -Fresh Approach - very analytical all things I can relate to in Sport -  as for the Shareholders selling - good luck to them  - they put in hard earned cash - so what there getting it back ?  

Correction most of it has not been corrected if anything it’s confused the position even more 

From my own point of view, assuming this goes ahead, it's a sad day.

I'm left hoping that the new owners have a genuine interest in Thistle's on field results, and we are allowed some degree of autonomy within the "portfolio" of clubs that we will be part of. Whether that happens remains to be seen.

But even if we are, in the best case, I still feel like the club as we know it, for good and bad, running independently against the odds as the alternative in the city, representing a communuty of fans and no one else, will be significantly diminished. 

I'm pretty gutted actually

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

Isn’t the problem that the cost has been passed to the players ?

Which possibly caused other problems as well. As supporters we're only too aware of logistical travel difficulties (eg cancelled train on Saturday past). I'm guessing  that the players didn't receive any travel compo and the nett savings to the Club would be somewhere in the region of £750. Even when you double that to take in the Morton game I wonder if it is worth all the neg PR. Reckon it's more posturing by new board v old board than genuine cost cutting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Passenger said:

So, the club has refuted one of the allegations made by the "insider" while two have proven to be true, right?

Colin Weir - Yes 

Budget Cuts ref Players -they refuted 

Buses - Two Games only 

Training Ground - there had been no movement for Months so it wasnt New  

Colin Weir - Yes 

Budget Cuts ref Players -they refuted 

Buses - Two Games only 

Training Ground - there had been no movement for Months so it wasnt New  

I mean this honestly .....that is not what they said and you omitted the takeover 

• admin locked this topic