New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

28 minutes ago, admin said:

Could have been worse. We could have taken a plane to Alloa and asked the players to make their own way to La Manga. 

The bus thing is a non-event. 

There is no need for a team bus for games that are relatively close by. 

It will suit the majority of players. Why ask them to travel, say, 40 minutes to Firhill to get the bus and then travel another 45 minutes or so to the game? Better they make their own way and don't have the bother of going back to Firhill afterwards to get their car? 

If it saves a few quid into the bargain so much the better. 

There's so much more to worry to get bogged down with the bus story. 

If we carry on this way , it’s only a matter of time that the players encounter traffic problems and don’t show for the game .

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

If we carry on this way , it’s only a matter of time that the players encounter traffic problems and don’t show for the game .

Also worth remembering if a team bus gets held up the kick off will be delayed. It won’t be the case for individual players eg if a car breaks down, or a crash for instance causes extensive delays 

12 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

But...the club has today called the impact of his contribution "transformational". 

I strongly disagree -I think we were doing ok without him and strongly argued that on this Forum a few Months ago - I think we became complacent on Multi Levels and became weaker on the Park as a result - Club cant state what it wants - my opinion hasnt changed  

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I strongly disagree -I think we were doing ok without him and strongly argued that on this Forum a few Months ago - I think we became complacent on Multi Levels and became weaker on the Park as a result - Club cant state what it wants - my opinion hasnt changed  

If what you’re saying is right , then Beattie, Low , Gerry Britton, Ian Maxwell are all totally out of their depth and shouldn’t have been running our Club

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

And coaches automatically levitate above traffic? 

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's more or less what I was saying yesterday. However neither your logic nor mine can explain no bus to Greenock. That would be a convenience to the majority of the players.

Morton was always an away trip that no team bus was needed/required. Or at least since it didn't become automatic to book a team bus. Granted those would generally been Saturday rather than evening fixtures. 

As much (or as little) logic then as is now. 

I just don't see it as any major issue while there are far more pressing things to concern ourselves with. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

And coaches automatically levitate above traffic? 

No but the game gets held up as we’ve seen in the past if a team bus is late, that won’t be the case for individual players getting caught up in traffic 

11 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

I think as a result of the “How does a team in the Scottish 2nd tier, with average attendances in the lower four digits, make sense for a consortium that owns Barnsley and Nice?”

Why would no players been sent to Barnsley from Nice? Why would the owner of Nice, champions league and Europa League regulars buy Barnsley a yo-yo club?

• Administrators
Just now, jlsarmy said:

No but the game gets held up as we’ve seen in the past if a team bus is late, that won’t be the case for individual players getting caught up in traffic 

That is just as likely to happen for a home game as it would an away game would it not? 

Should we book a bus to pick up all the players to take them to home games? 

Actually what is the difference in asking the players to make their own way to an away game and asking them to make their own way to a home game? 

You could be talking about much the same travel time in some instances. 

5 minutes ago, admin said:

That is just as likely to happen for a home game as it would an away game would it not? 

Should we book a bus to pick up all the players to take them to home games? 

Actually what is the difference in asking the players to make their own way to an away game and asking them to make their own way to a home game? 

You could be talking about much the same travel time in some instances. 

Are they not told to report for games At Firhill at one o’clock ? , certainly didn’t happen at Hamilton and Alloa when some of the players didn’t arrive till about 2.00 / 2.10

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Emotive nonsense - the takeover is ongoing - its with the SFA - there is due diligence - how are they beimg dismissive or treating people like idiots - there was a Press Article the substantive issues were answered within 24 Hours ?  

Are you going to answer the question.?

I thought not.

Keep on with the smoke screen, it isn't working. We can all see what's going on here. I didn't at first but see that people like you are posturing, no substance and high risk of the club being sold for self gain at high risk.

3 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Let me paraphrase. Can you all keep your thoughts and chants to yourselves you gullible plebs. No booing and no chants of Beattie get tae f$*k 

The truth at last

2 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

The 2.5 M isn’t future funding. 

Keep moving your point.... he put in £2.5m, cleared the debt , funded the academy north of £750k, was going to build us a £6m academy and we can’t even speak to him when we decide to sell the club 

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

Without knowing the facts or seeing the accounts it’s difficult to know what is true and what is t but my own opinion is that everything that is being done is about the sale going through ....it’s not at all clear from the current boards statements that we were heading for a loss this year  

What bit when he said that the budget was running at a significant deficit isn’t clear ?

I think you are just trying to make stuff up.

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

A better question is why it took Beattie months to engage with coin weir about the sale of the club 

Months ? Has he not just been chairman again for a matter of weeks ?

And it isn’t a better question. Ask Colin Weir why he didn’t contact Chien

• admin locked this topic