New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

2 hours ago, sandy said:

If you read my post if was about the old Board. Not GC.

You might wish to retract your last statement; or at least get out into the fresh air more.

Nope as you know it’s completely true.

your actually pretty much everything you have accused GC of being as a person except your actually even worse 

Edited by Third Lanark

42 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Nope as you know it’s completely true.

your actually pretty much everything you have accused GC of being as a person except your actually even worse 

Sandy frustrates me as people have mistaken him for me as I am sandy too!

however, I wish people would simply ignore him rather than resort to some of the stuff that goes on here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaf said:

Sandy frustrates me as people have mistaken him for me as I am sandy too!

however, I wish people would simply ignore him rather than resort to some of the stuff that goes on here. 

To be fair to your second post we would have had the opportunity to ignore him had he stuck to his word.

He announced to everyone that he was leaving the forum for a year(why he felt the need to announce it I’ve no idea). He clearly couldn’t keep his word 

5 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

An interesting article which, in my opinion, is worth a read before today's Q&A with the Board:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/19c0091c-bae2-11e9-9ed1-57176c9fe03e

I (used to) have some regard for the writer, but the article is  biased from the first sentence.

He seems to think most people thought JLow and the Board were doping  'a decent job' - he obviously has  never heard of this forum.

And so much for the story that Alan Rough was 'kicked off the board'.

4 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I (used to) have some regard for the writer, but the article is  biased from the first sentence.

He seems to think most people thought JLow and the Board were doping  'a decent job' - he obviously has  never heard of this forum.

And so much for the story that Alan Rough was 'kicked off the board'.

Biased, as in the way it doesn't confirm your position that Caldwell and Low are the devil incarnate and his sister? You surely must agree that it does pose some interesting questions which we all would like answers to.

You're talking sh1te, sir. Theyre just incompetent.

Leave  Caldwell out of it for the present, he remains to be judged on this season (though his opening gambits don't lend themselves to optimism - that includes the p1sh that he spouted after last night's shambles). I'll say one thing, Low and Caldwell make a great pair  I can see the mutual attraction. 

Emotive language - David Beattie … marched back into the club … evictions and sackings … keen to get in on the act (he's a shareholder FFS) … Low did a decent job (my arse) … a litany of snide quotes from unnamed 'observers and 'insiders' (who are now presumably outsiders, thankfully).

Standard Scottish sports journalistic drivel.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its not going anywhere - you made assumptions based on Colin Weir statement - its equally possible he never met either the Shareholders or Bidders and was briefed by someone else - your the man who likes accuracy 

No JJ, I see where this is going. Restricted access, one-sided subjective briefings, power at all costs. If that's the case then someone has dug her own grave.

We might be at odds when it comes to the takeover, but let's not pretend either one of us thinks the other is stupid.

Edited by Dark Passenger

11 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

You're talking sh1te, sir. Theyre just incompetent.

Leave  Caldwell out of it for the present, he remains to be judged on this season (though his opening gambits don't lend themselves to optimism - that includes the p1sh that he spouted after last night's shambles). I'll say one thing, Low and Caldwell make a great pair  I can see the mutual attraction. 

Emotive language - David Beattie … marched back into the club … evictions and sackings … keen to get in on the act (he's a shareholder FFS) … Low did a decent job (my arse) … a litany of snide quotes from unnamed 'observers and 'insiders' (who are now presumably outsiders, thankfully).

Standard Scottish sports journalistic drivel.

Last few lines are spot on - unnamed observers who probably have their own agendas and journalistic drivel to fill a space on a Saturday morning. 

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

No JJ, I see where this is going. Restricted access, one-sided subjective briefings, power at all costs. If that's the case then someone has dug her own grave.

We might be at odds when it comes to the takeover, but let's not pretend either one of us thinks the other is stupid.

No idea - all Im doing is pointing out the the statement good be interpreted a number of ways _ Im sure someone will raise the subject today 

At the board q and a it sounded like Ronnie gilfilan could not be sure if anyone had actually contacted Colin Weir about the consortiums plans.  I may have picked him up wrong but he seemed also hesitant and unsure as to how exactly to contact Colin Weir which I found astonishing. Perhaps someone else who was there can confirm if that was exactly what he said.

gilfilan said it was far from definite that the takeover is happening but if it is he hopes both the consortium and Colin Weir can join forces. I don’t know how realistic that is

also they can’t give Caldwell his 4 players- so that was pretty much confirmed. They would like to but the playing budget was set as too much of a deficit.  So looks for the time being that is our squad 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

At the board q and a it sounded like Ronnie gilfilan could not be sure if anyone had actually contacted Colin Weir about the consortiums plans.  I may have picked him up wrong but he seemed also hesitant and unsure as to how exactly to contact Colin Weir which I found astonishing. Perhaps someone else who was there can confirm if that was exactly what he said.

gilfilan said it was far from definite that the takeover is happening but if it is he hopes both the consortium and Colin Weir can join forces. I don’t know how realistic that is

also they can’t give Caldwell his 4 players- so that was pretty much confirmed. They would like to but the playing budget was set as too much of a deficit.  So looks for the time being that is our squad 

Thanks for the update, TL. Had thought about going along, but last night knocked the enthusiasm for Thistle right out of me.

Really disappointing to hear that there'll be no further signings. Confirms my view, I think, that the season is sunk already.

12 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Cheers for the update. Was there an impression that they understand the prospective buyers plans (after the takeover) or would you say they are as in the dark as the rest of us?

6 minutes ago, allyo said:

Cheers for the update. Was there an impression that they understand the prospective buyers plans (after the takeover) or would you say they are as in the dark as the rest of us?

It was gilfilan who said that the takeover may or may not happen. I had to leave after 30 minutes because my baby son was needing fesfed

20 minutes ago, allyo said:

I was there too. I would say that I left the session more happy that the boards motivations are nothing to do with self interest. But and it’s a big but - it’s not at all clear what is happening with the consortium. I can appreciate that there is little they can say at this stage but the topics they did cover left more questions than answers. One chap asked why they chose us and the answer was that they investigated and thought that Glasgow was a good fit. It really makes little sense.

Another chap in the audience (Ross I think) spoke very eloquently. As did donners (jagscat). Tbf - the board fronted up but...at the moment we only know the budget is cut, we’ve lost our biggest benefactor, and the takeover may or may not happen.

Uncertain times. Patience will be required but by the time this is settled our season could be bust.

38 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

So that means contrary to what their statement said they are actually not maintaining the player budget but cutting It ? 

Oh and some totally contradictory updates. GC saying that his recruitment plan that he outlined in may is still incomplete. GB then saying budgets had not been changed. The the board guy later saying that the budget was previously running at deficit, and they had to sort it (bus etc). We expect to now run at a slight loss, with no more investment in players.

Edited by blakey

2 minutes ago, blakey said:

I was there too. I would say that I left the session more happy that the boards motivations are nothing to do with self interest. But and it’s a big but - it’s not at all clear what is happening with the consortium. I can appreciate that there is little they can say at this stage but the topics they did cover left more questions than answers. One chap asked why they chose us and the answer was that they investigated and thought that Glasgow was a good fit. It really makes little sense.

Another chap in the audience (Ross I think) spoke very eloquently. As did donners (jagscat). Tbf - the board fronted up but...at the moment we only know the budget is cut, we’ve lost our biggest benefactor, and the takeover may or may not happen.

Uncertain times. Patience will be required but by the time this is settled our season could be bust.

Was there any timescale given/hoped for for the take over if it happens? 

• admin locked this topic