New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

Just now, Bitter Jag said:

Was there any timescale given/hoped for for the take over if it happens? 

I asked that exact question. Response was very vague. The board guy cited that it depends on sfa, the consortium reviewing the books, and then shareholders deciding if they actually want to sell so...basically no idea.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So that means contrary to what their statement said they are actually not maintaining the player budget but cutting It ? 

That’s what I would make of it but they were very contradictory on that point. I’d like to have challenged but there were loads of questions in the room.

Doesn't sound great about the takeover then. We trundle on with a squad inadequate in numbers if not talent. 

I suppose if we didn't progress the takeover Colin Weir didn't say he wouldn't assist with the current board if required.

As usual more questions than answers. We're about back to the start of the circle. Great...

5 minutes ago, blakey said:

I asked that exact question. Response was very vague. The board guy cited that it depends on sfa, the consortium reviewing the books, and then shareholders deciding if they actually want to sell so...basically no idea.

To be fair you'd expect this all to be happening. In fact you'd be worried if it wasn't 

3 minutes ago, allyo said:

To be fair you'd expect this all to be happening. In fact you'd be worried if it wasn't 

I’m not sure. There is a lot of uncertainty just now. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to state that we’ll have this all sorted, one way or another, by a certain time.

At the moment the decisions made by the new board look foolhardy. They really did not explain why the consortium approach is appealing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blakey said:

I’m not sure. There is a lot of uncertainty just now. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to state that we’ll have this all sorted, one way or another, by a certain time.

At the moment the decisions made by the new board look foolhardy. They really did not explain why the consortium approach is appealing.

That's the key for me. Why they are investing, what they are investing and some idea of what their objectives are. Surely some detail on that is not unreasonable? 

5 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

That's the key for me. Why they are investing, what they are investing and some idea of what their objectives are. Surely some detail on that is not unreasonable? 

The board did agree to a follow up meeting with the 2 trusts plus the consortium. To address those queries together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blakey said:

The board did agree to a follow up meeting with the 2 trusts plus the consortium. To address those queries together.

& the question that arises from that is why it hasn’t been done so before now. How many weeks has this gone on for already.

I’m willing to bet it doesn’t happen.Sounds like lip service to me.

One thing that did come out of it. No-one seems to know what the Jag's Trust are about. They have apparently issued a statement supporting the changes without any more information than the PTFC Trust who, despite having a board made up of the CEO and Directors, couldn't decide one way or another.

1 minute ago, scotty said:

One thing that did come out of it. No-one seems to know what the Jag's Trust are about. They have apparently issued a statement supporting the changes without any more information than the PTFC Trust who, despite having a board made up of the CEO and Directors, couldn't decide one way or another.

Isn’t their position to nod when Beattie speaks ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Genuinely, why do we have two Trusts?

I also wonder. Looks like the PTFC Trust was set up to be a vehicle for the board to control fan engagement. The Jag's Trust seems to be doing a better job of that. I believe that one trust would serve the fans better.

18 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I didn't get the impression that they will be investing anything. They seem to be interested in purchasing enough shares to obtain control of the club. As to actually spending money after that, there was no indication.

My impression was that the previous board had a budget  for the season. Then this consortium made their interest known.

For reasons unclear to me, the previous board weren't interested. Whether or not Colin Weir was involved in that decision I don't know.

David Beattie returned and forcibly restructured the board, in order to reduce the budget. There will be no more players coming in unless new money is found (cup revenue, etc.).

That suggests to me this consortium are only interested in buying those shares if the club can be self-sufficient.

Having Thistle run in a self-sufficient manner is of course good.

How a billionaire consortium thinks that we can be turned into a successful - and therefore profitable - club without putting in significant investment is beyond me.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So that means contrary to what their statement said they are actually not maintaining the player budget but cutting It ? 

Thats not what was said Gerry Britton confirmed 100% that there were no Player Budget Cuts - this was reinforced by David Kelly who advised Player Budget was the sdame as last Year ( given we had circa £900K between Parachute & EUFA Money ) thats a fair achievement - what he did say was that the Transfer Money balanced the Club Budget "just"   - so there are 100% no cuts 

I should have said when it was QA with the manager both Caldwell and Gerry sat in the centre directly facing the crowd- they weren’t looking to avoid the crowd. There was a 5 minute break then the QA with the board

the board all headed to the left hand side and appeared to be sitting one behind the other. Fimurthermore none of them were facing the crowd they were all facing the guy with the mic which I also found strange.

i also thought springform was a bit naive with the money side - if we could get attendances of 5000 that would greatly help things - yes Norman  I think every fan is aware of this but it’s easier said than done.

he then went onto say there’s also the potential of a great cup run - we play Ross County next week. My hand just went to my head at this point 

i wasn’t impressed with the 4 of them, though fair play to them for being there they were going to be facing frustrated supporters.  It was announced that Beattie is currently on holiday whether that was coincidence or not with regards to the open day I have no idea

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Thats not what was said Gerry Britton confirmed 100% that there were no Player Budget Cuts - this was reinforced by David Kelly who advised Player Budget was the sdame as last Year ( given we had circa £900K between Parachute & EUFA Money ) thats a fair achievement - what he did say was that the Transfer Money balanced the Club Budget "just"   - so there are 100% no cuts 

There are him gannon said he would love to give Caldwell his 4 players but he can’t and Caldwell said he would love to have his 4 players as the squad is incomplete. As someone else said there were inconsistencies throughout this 

6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So their statement said they had honoured the player budget of the previous board  and the majority - which implies not all  - had been committed .... so that left open an interpretation that more players were coming in ....when if they were up front in their statement they would have said the squad is complete because they said that today 

I know you try to defend them all the time but this is deceitful 

Edited by javeajag

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I should have said when it was QA with the manager both Caldwell and Gerry sat in the centre directly facing the crowd- they weren’t looking to avoid the crowd. There was a 5 minute break then the QA with the board

the board all headed to the left hand side and appeared to be sitting one behind the other. Fimurthermore none of them were facing the crowd they were all facing the guy with the mic which I also found strange.

i also thought springform was a bit naive with the money side - if we could get attendances of 5000 that would greatly help things - yes Norman  I think every fan is aware of this but it’s easier said than done.

he then went onto say there’s also the potential of a great cup run - we play Ross County next week. My hand just went to my head at this point 

i wasn’t impressed with the 4 of them, though fair play to them for being there they were going to be facing frustrated supporters.  It was announced that Beattie is currently on holiday whether that was coincidence or not with regards to the open day I have no idea

I thought they answered most questions - maybe not as well as they might but did try and be honest - I thought Malcolm  Cannon Spoke well and David Kelly was open and honest about the budgets and the need to balance them - the Colin Weir answers could have been more forthright in attempts to Contact him - Ronnie Gilfillan did say they were frustrated with there attempts - so still not 100% Clear as to who spoke to him  from the Current Board - if anyone ?  

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So why are there no more players coming in? What seemed to be confirmed was that this year's budget was the same as the previous. Not that it hadn't been cut. Very guarded answers from both Gerry B and the board who seemed to scared to upset someone. somewhere off-stage.

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

There are him gannon said he would love to give Caldwell his 4 players but he can’t and Caldwell said he would love to have his 4 players as the squad is incomplete. As someone else said there were inconsistencies throughout this 

But it was clearly stated - Player Budget has not been Cut - Player Budget is same as last Year ? So if thats the case squad isnt incomplete  

1 minute ago, scotty said:

So why are there no more players coming in? What seemed to be confirmed was that this year's budget was the same as the previous. Not that it hadn't been cut. Very guarded answers from both Gerry B and the board who seemed to scared to upset someone. somewhere off-stage.

No Gerry said it hadnt been cut - and to have the same as last Year - Given we no longer have the large parachute Payment  is pretty decent ? Im assuming its been spent if no more Players ? 

• admin locked this topic