New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Consortium said - not until after Shares are transferred - which makes sense from there perspective  

You keep saying this. This isn't what yesterday's statement said.

Again, a representative from the consortium has been meeting with fans to provide an outline of its proposals. If it can meet them, it can meet the trust reps/members.

Just now, Dark Passenger said:

You keep saying this. This isn't what yesterday's statement said.

Again, a representative from the consortium has been meeting with fans to provide an outline of its proposals. If it can meet them, it can meet the trust reps/members.

So we are clear - your stating that the consortium simply contacted a Group of Fans - and laid out there Plans ? Yet none of these Fans have stated they have met with them ? 

Seems a very strange scenario  ? 

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So we are clear - your stating that the consortium simply contacted a Group of Fans - and laid out there Plans ? Yet none of these Fans have stated they have met with them ? 

I’m sure the excellent communication and clarity from our board will continue .... now if Beattie was called low you would be pummelling her on dreadful communication ...no ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

*Very* strange. I don't know how the meeting came about. Maybe someone can ask them at Foolan's testimonial. They'll *definitely* be there.

20190826_115657.thumb.jpg.48470ae9225ac5673f0ce89350ac6365.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You stated the existing shareholders should sell there Shares to Thistle Fans - Who - where are these mythical investors that want to take over the Club ? 

As for not seeing the "attraction " ref Thistle - they obviously do and they have a track record so Im far more happy with that than what we had - a Board of Non Fans - Non Investors sort of trundling along 

If the Club could be Run by Thistle Fans - Great - but it wasnt being Run by Fans - so if thats the case - then may as well be Run by Non Fans with a track Record in Sports Management 

Im fed up with the Glorified Bowling Club Mentality of Scottish Football - Time for change 

JJ , you make no sense whatsoever, contradicting yourself re business people who are fans running the Club then wanting to get into bed with an investment company who know nothing about our Club. This is a huge gamble , unless you can tell us more about the consortiums plans to dissipate our concerns. 

There are investors/ sponsors/ businesses who would have been interested in buying shares in the Club if through business circles they had been notified.

I’m not so sure untill Beattie and co were approached , that they had even thought about selling their shares or they certainly didn’t make it public knowledge.

The supporters are the lifeblood of the Club , there should be more information coming from Beattie who came back on the scene to a fanfare and who has now done a Lord Lucan disappearing act , possibly too many pertinent questions he can’t answer in my opinion.

At this moment, this is a jump into the darkness.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

what we had - a Board of Non Fans - Non Investors sort of trundling along 

You do keep peddling this vision of the JLo board willy nilly doing what they want in their own interest. That will be very far from the truth. They were appointed by and accountable to the very same shareholders who are now in control. They will have had goals and targets set Which I have no doubt were linked to bonuses. If we were trundling along, it would be in no small measure due to the parameters put on them by the shareholders .... those who are now in charge 

3 hours ago, sandy said:

This takeover is sounding less of a good idea as time moves on.

Investors are not generally interested in the history or long-term future of a Club, unless they also happen to be fans. This lot will come in, inject some new players, help us up the table a bit then sell us on for a profit. That’s not the outcome I want for our Club.

I agree, except this has been the case since day one, not just "as time moves on".

In fact I think you outline the best case. "Helping us up the table a bit" is not a given

You stated the existing shareholders should sell there Shares to Thistle Fans - Who - where are these mythical investors that want to take over the Club ? 

As for not seeing the "attraction " ref Thistle - they obviously do and they have a track record so Im far more happy with that than what we had - a Board of Non Fans - Non Investors sort of trundling along 

If the Club could be Run by Thistle Fans - Great - but it wasnt being Run by Fans - so if thats the case - then may as well be Run by Non Fans with a track Record in Sports Management 

Im fed up with the Glorified Bowling Club Mentality of Scottish Football - Time for change 

One thing you can say for bowling clubs, they generally keep the bowling green going.

On the other hand, when a private company buys up a bowling green, you generally know that it won't be a bowling green for very long.

• Like 1

So ... swap non fans with accountability to "Thistle  minded" shareholders for non-fans with no accountability.

I know which I prefer

32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You do keep peddling this vision of the JLo board willy nilly doing what they want in their own interest. That will be very far from the truth. They were appointed by and accountable to the very same shareholders who are now in control. They will have had goals and targets set Which I have no doubt were linked to bonuses. If we were trundling along, it would be in no small measure due to the parameters put on them by the shareholders .... those who are now in charge 

The Shareholders obviously decided that they wanted a change in direction  

49 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

JJ , you make no sense whatsoever, contradicting yourself re business people who are fans running the Club then wanting to get into bed with an investment company who know nothing about our Club. This is a huge gamble , unless you can tell us more about the consortiums plans to dissipate our concerns. 

There are investors/ sponsors/ businesses who would have been interested in buying shares in the Club if through business circles they had been notified.

I’m not so sure untill Beattie and co were approached , that they had even thought about selling their shares or they certainly didn’t make it public knowledge.

The supporters are the lifeblood of the Club , there should be more information coming from Beattie who came back on the scene to a fanfare and who has now done a Lord Lucan disappearing act , possibly too many pertinent questions he can’t answer in my opinion.

At this moment, this is a jump into the darkness.

"There are investors/ sponsors/ businesses who would have been interested in buying shares in the Club if through business circles they had been notified."

- thats the crux of the problem - no there isnt - and if there was - we would have known about them Years ago - so there are two scenarios - they sell to the Consortium - if it falls through they will appoint a New Board from the Fan Base and Im assuming tighter Controls ref Finances Direction etc in place - either of which Im comfortable with - as both are a step forward 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

"There are investors/ sponsors/ businesses who would have been interested in buying shares in the Club if through business circles they had been notified."

- thats the crux of the problem - no there isnt - and if there was - we would have known about them Years ago - so there are two scenarios - they sell to the Consortium - if it falls through they will appoint a New Board from the Fan Base and Im assuming tighter Controls ref Finances Direction etc in place - either of which Im comfortable with - as both are a step forward 

I’m now struggling to work out what in practice what will have changed at all 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I’m sure the excellent communication and clarity from our board will continue .... now if Beattie was called low you would be pummelling her on dreadful communication ...no ? 

I think there is a difference between Communication and filling pages with Words 

We have a Full Time Communications Manager - I must admit Im very surprised just how little has come out the Club Recently - even more surprised at the two very negative press reports from the Herald where the Club had not been asked to respond - I thought thats why we employed a Comms Manager 

So agreed Club Comms on this needs to improve    

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I’m now struggling to work out what in practice what will have changed at all 

We will either be Run By NonFans - who have a track Record and have Invested 

Or we will be Run by Thistle Fans working very closely with the Shareholders and with tight Controls over them ref Finances etc 

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Or we will be Run by Thistle Fans working very closely with the Shareholders and with tight Controls over them ref Finances etc 

Exactly spot the no difference in how the club is run 

I think there is a difference between Communication and filling pages with Words 

We have a Full Time Communications Manager - I must admit Im very surprised just how little has come out the Club Recently - even more surprised at the two very negative press reports from the Herald where the Club had not been asked to respond - I thought thats why we employed a Comms Manager 

So agreed Club Comms on this needs to improve    

Mmmm .....aren’t words part of communication ? I don’t  recall low being overly verbose but compared to the invisible chairman she was at least seen !

6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

How do you know that a new appointed board would be Thistle fans ? Has this been said anywhere

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Just the tiny, almost insignificant loss of Colin Weir’s backing. But then that is probably a bonus as at least he won’t be able to withdraw it at any time

Well according to the previous Chairman we were self sufficient- and his only Funding was for the Academy - which is a blow - but one we will come back from   

50 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Well according to the previous Chairman we were self sufficient- and his only Funding was for the Academy - which is a blow - but one we will come back from   

Well we don’t get our training ground but let that slide.....and who knows what else.....

im sure the academy funding will be top of the list for the new owners

• admin locked this topic