New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

52 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I will repeat for the umpteenth time - the previous Board stated they had arranged "additional" funding for a Promo Push if required at Xmas - thats a statement of fact - where do you think the £300K was coming from - simple question   

Right so we are not in debt and never were going to be 

53 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The thing is - Banks wont lend to us - so it needs to be alternate Funders 

The fact is it us very difficult for us to get into debt banks won’t do it , the directors won’t fo it ...  I’m not sure what alternative funding you refer to

so we have to balance the books anyway ... it almost doesn’t matter who the board is we have to live within our means as debt holders don’t exist 

38 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Jlo et al were doing it out of the goodness of there hearts ? That would be a surprise

Why would it be a surprise?

Why do we have to ascribe the most negative intentions to those in charge at Thistle, whoever they are? Beattie is only in it for the money, he'll see the club go out of business just to line his own pockets; this new consortium are only in it for the money, they'll strip the club of it's assets and we'll go out of business; Low is only in it for, well, we don't know exactly, but she's incompetent and the club would go out of business with her in charge; and on and on.

I sometimes think that Thistle fans suffer from a collective form of PTSD brought on by Save the Jags. Our fear of the club disappearing is so intense that we see anyone who wants to run the club the same way a lost little lamb would view an offer from kindly Mr Woolf to show them the way home.

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

Why would it be a surprise?

Why do we have to ascribe the most negative intentions to those in charge at Thistle, whoever they are? Beattie is only in it for the money, he'll see the club go out of business just to line his own pockets; this new consortium are only in it for the money, they'll strip the club of it's assets and we'll go out of business; Low is only in it for, well, we don't know exactly, but she's incompetent and the club would go out of business with her in charge; and on and on.

I sometimes think that Thistle fans suffer from a collective form of PTSD brought on by Save the Jags. Our fear of the club disappearing is so intense that we see anyone who wants to run the club the same way a lost little lamb would view an offer from kindly Mr Woolf to show them the way home.

I was just questioning the motivation for taking on the workload and stress if the directors are not shareholders and are not getting paid. I don't think I would do it without some financial reward.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I was just questioning the motivation for taking on the workload and stress if the directors are not shareholders and are not getting paid. I don't think I would do it without some financial reward.

Not having a go. Just can't help feeling there must have been a time - probably before Third Lanark went bust - when fans could be more relaxed about a poor run of form without thinking that the next step was anniliation. It's all become a bit too serious these days.

36 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I’ve been pretty critical at times of the new board but well done to Sir Norman for honouring his word about new signings being able to be made from the cup run money.  I’m being greedy but I still hope for another 

I’m sure he’ll be grateful, not only of your thanks but also of his surprise knighthood. 

39 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I’ve been pretty critical at times of the new board but well done to Sir Norman for honouring his word about new signings being able to be made from the cup run money.  I’m being greedy but I still hope for another 

Hope your not suggesting that’s a benefactor signing ?! Jj will be most upset ! 

15 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Teams crying out for a right hard ******* in the middle of the pitch, think it would really benefit Banzo. That would be my priority anyway, 1 more please !!

It what we're lacking. Say what you like about him, but Paul Paton brought grit to the 2012/13 league-winning team. We could do with that attitude.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

The fact is it us very difficult for us to get into debt banks won’t do it , the directors won’t fo it ...  I’m not sure what alternative funding you refer to

so we have to balance the books anyway ... it almost doesn’t matter who the board is we have to live within our means as debt holders don’t exist 

Where was the 300k in January coming from?  And what was it’s terms?

that might be a question you should have the old board answer before proclaiming “we were never going to be in debt”. 

38 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

It what we're lacking. Say what you like about him, but Paul Paton brought grit to the 2012/13 league-winning team. We could do with that attitude.

6 years ago.. I'd probably say we got the best out of him.. 

But yep someone who is aggressive and enjoys tackling.

56 minutes ago, jaf said:

that might be a question you should have the old board answer before proclaiming “we were never going to be in debt”. 

S

56 minutes ago, jaf said:

Explain to me how we could get into debt ? Who holds it ?

the £300k was a budget shortfall apparently ... could mean many different things 

Ahem.

I have no idea where a 140 page thread, which lacks any sort of clarity or illumination actually takes us as supporters of PTFC.

Personally. I think that the sale is a done deal.

The likes of Jordanhill Jag and others make the obvious point that shareholders outweigh us.  This reminds me of a couple of things, 'Save the Jags' and the death of Clydebank.

It is kind of obvious that the board machinations are about folk  who'd essentially written off their shareholdings in our football club as 'lost money' becoming aware that perhaps they'd get at least as much as they had invested and perhaps more.  That their earlier disinterest, y'know money written off,  becomes an unexpected opportunity.  They awake from their sleep and look to their bank books. Wow! An opportunity presents itself!

Instantly reclaim the board. Immediately negotiate.

Are they entitled to do so? Of course they are.

That is a consequence of our inability to actually win back  when you and I 'saved the Jags', We should have had at least a majority of the shares. Perhaps someone can remind me why we didn't?

I would love to think that this sort of takeover is going to be astonishingly positive, I really do.

But.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Not having an overdraft facility does not mean you can’t overdraft 

True but that would be very unusual these days as far as I am aware we don’t have an overdraft and tbh very unlikely any bank would extend us much credit if any 

28 minutes ago, javeajag said:

True but that would be very unusual these days as far as I am aware we don’t have an overdraft and tbh very unlikely any bank would extend us much credit if any 

No one said a bank was to be involved. 

54 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

Ahem.

I have no idea where a 140 page thread, which lacks any sort of clarity or illumination actually takes us as supporters of PTFC.

Personally. I think that the sale is a done deal.

The likes of Jordanhill Jag and others make the obvious point that shareholders outweigh us.  This reminds me of a couple of things, 'Save the Jags' and the death of Clydebank.

It is kind of obvious that the board machinations are about folk  who'd essentially written off their shareholdings in our football club as 'lost money' becoming aware that perhaps they'd get at least as much as they had invested and perhaps more.  That their earlier disinterest, y'know money written off,  becomes an unexpected opportunity.  They awake from their sleep and look to their bank books. Wow! An opportunity presents itself!

Instantly reclaim the board. Immediately negotiate.

Are they entitled to do so? Of course they are.

That is a consequence of our inability to actually win back  when you and I 'saved the Jags', We should have had at least a majority of the shares. Perhaps someone can remind me why we didn't?

I would love to think that this sort of takeover is going to be astonishingly positive, I really do.

But.

But it is not a done deal. The spanner in the works is the SFA have to approve the joint ownership with Barnsley, over ruling a decision that they previously made regarding Rangers and Newcastle.

34 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

We have apparently signed two new players. I welcome them.

How was that possible?

Something is going on...

I think we assuming it’s from beating Ross county and getting Celtic because the alternative can’t exist ....

40 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We still use a bank to store our cash and pay our bills, if those bills are direct debit or business guaranteed they’ll still come off even if there’s nothing in the pot. Then the extortionate charges occur, which generate more. 

RBoS turned me over years ago by charging an annual fee (a new charge) for an account that was effectively dormant, being out the country I came back to over a grands charges a year later for them effectively overdrawing my account initially by £2.  Won the case though and canceled debt plus a wee bit of compo.

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We still use a bank to store our cash and pay our bills, if those bills are direct debit or business guaranteed they’ll still come off even if there’s nothing in the pot. Then the extortionate charges occur, which generate more. 

RBoS turned me over years ago by charging an annual fee (a new charge) for an account that was effectively dormant, being out the country I came back to over a grands charges a year later for them effectively overdrawing my account initially by £2.  Won the case though and canceled debt plus a wee bit of compo.

We don’t have any bank facilities and no bank is going to give us any 

• admin locked this topic