New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

I’ll take that as you don’t know 

Another assumption and speculation from mr don’t speculate!! 

I am happy with what I know and don’t know. If you think there is something you might not know, I have told you where to find the answer.  

21 minutes ago, jaf said:

Another assumption and speculation from mr don’t speculate!! 

I am happy with what I know and don’t know. If you think there is something you might not know, I have told you where to find the answer.  

All you have said is what was said at the open day or have I missed something ? 

20 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Hmm, is what has happened to Bury FC a warning about how vulnerable a club can become when its owner doesn't pay debts or wages, and also refuses to sell because he or she wants more than is on offer? If I understand correctly, in Bury's case, the current owner bought them for ONE POUND, but has refused to accept another offer to buy the club. One wonders why.

I feel sorry for their fans. Always had a soft spot for Bury since they bought Hugh Tinney from us.

Don't usually link to a cartoon but here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/aug/27/david-squires-on-bolton-bury-and-the-threat-to-our-football-clubs

13 hours ago, javeajag said:

For small Scottish football clubs ? Name two 

i know your implying it was being underwritten by Colin weir which you think is bad but if you Knew you would say 

this takeover  had better be good because so far we have lost academy funding, a training ground and now apparently  £300k 

You can easily use the Club assets as and Borrow Cash from multi sources - you could go to Ticketus for future Season Ticket Sales - theres two 

If your suggesting Colin  Weir thats another source - if its borrowing Money that puts us into debt - if its a donation that means we are not balancing the Books 

Now the £300K isn't an assumption its a statement by the previous Board - so are you Comfortable with a  proposed additional £300K ? Either as Debt or donation ?

7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You can easily use the Club assets as and Borrow Cash from multi sources - you could go to Ticketus for future Season Ticket Sales - theres two 

If your suggesting Colin  Weir thats another source - if its borrowing Money that puts us into debt - if its a donation that means we are not balancing the Books 

Now the £300K isn't an assumption its a statement by the previous Board - so are you Comfortable with a  proposed additional £300K ? Either as Debt or donation ?

I hope you realise how ludicrous this is ....ticketus ffs for less than than 2000 tickets ludicrous....club assets ?! You said on this thread we have no assets !!! 

so let  me understand this if I wanted to give the club £100k as a donation that’s bad but if I want to give £5000 through the players fund that’s good and if Colin weir gives anything is a disaster ?!  

17 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

Surely it would be sensible for the Chair man to be looking for other Investors in case the takeover fails

The article says

takeover on track, working with sfa, not looking for other investors , wouldn’t do anything that’s nit in the long term interests of the club 

again a comms failure from the board .....ffs why couldn’t he say why he thinks it’s a good thing and how it would work ?

i think this is just in response to tiger investor rumours hence nit saying much 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

The article says

takeover on track, working with sfa, not looking for other investors , wouldn’t do anything that’s nit in the long term interests of the club 

again a comms failure from the board .....ffs why couldn’t he say why he thinks it’s a good thing and how it would work ?

i think this is just in response to tiger investor rumours hence nit saying much 

I have concerns about the takeover too, but I fail to see how this is a “comms failure.” He has been approached by the journo with particular questions and has answered them clearly. You clearly have the bit between your teeth about this (hence the literally hundreds of pages of drivel exchanges between you and Jordanhill Jag), but there’s nothing at all wrong with that article. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I hope you realise how ludicrous this is ....ticketus ffs for less than than 2000 tickets ludicrous....club assets ?! You said on this thread we have no assets !!! 

so let  me understand this if I wanted to give the club £100k as a donation that’s bad but if I want to give £5000 through the players fund that’s good and if Colin weir gives anything is a disaster ?!  

Or to put it another way, lets suppose  I was to offer you £100 per week, but to specify that it was to be used for things that I consider good, say more veggies for the family and a gardener to create an outside space. Then offered some extra bonuses for a family holiday to Spain, but I didn't tie this into any formal contract, so I could withdraw the offer at any time. If this was to happen, you would reject the idea ?

28 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I have concerns about the takeover too, but I fail to see how this is a “comms failure.” He has been approached by the journo with particular questions and has answered them clearly. You clearly have the bit between your teeth about this (hence the literally hundreds of pages of drivel exchanges between you and Jordanhill Jag), but there’s nothing at all wrong with that article. 

He approached the journalist 

3 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Aren’t you the guy who has literally spent page after page calling people out for posting stuff based on what they’ve heard/based on rumour? What a brass neck. 

Ok .... to be helpful...  I was told by someone who works at the herald / times that they were told that David Beattie wanted to clarify some things so Mcgarry called him.... 

8 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Aren’t you the guy who has literally spent page after page calling people out for posting stuff based on what they’ve heard/based on rumour? What a brass neck. 

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'd have liked him to say more, but understand that he probably can't. What he has said is that the deal is still on track, which some were doubting. Fine as far as it goes, but I think we would all like more.

There is still  no real explanation as to why someone from the club can it explain why this is good for us or how their model will work .....in doing that there is no need to mention terms of the sale, the sales process itself , finances or anything else.....everyone seems to think it’s prohibited it’s not and indeed there was an attempt to do it at the open day 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

There is still  no real explanation as to why someone from the club can it explain why this is good for us or how their model will work .....in doing that there is no need to mention terms of the sale, the sales process itself , finances or anything else.....everyone seems to think it’s prohibited it’s not and indeed there was an attempt to do it at the open day 

On this I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and say there must be a reason why more details are not disclosed, otherwise they would. I may not agree with the board, but they are not stupid and do know the demand for more information.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Ok .... to be helpful...  I was told by someone who works at the herald / times that they were told that David Beattie wanted to clarify some things so Mcgarry called him.... 

So you were given third hand information and posting it as fact despite the article literally contradicting you? Cool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

The article says

Apologies but what are the Tiger Investor rumours- is this different from the Lee and Conway group?

38 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

So you were given third hand information and posting it as fact despite the article literally contradicting you? Cool. 

The article doesn’t say why the herald contacted them ....I don’t think I need to spell it out for you do I and who said it was third hand ?

• admin locked this topic