New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ludicrous comment .... what do our current owners contribute to the club ? 

Nada nothing zilch 

Like a lot of people, in the absence of clear facts I have some concerns about the prospective new owners.

But can we be clear that the current board are dreadful? None of them (with one exception, I think?) have any actual financial commitment to the club and a number are, let’s be quite honest, involved because of ego/career-enhancing reasons. It’s a nice addition to the LinkedIn profile, isn’t it? There will be an infinite number of better ownership alternatives out there, because the current board aren’t fit for purpose. 

Edited by KemoAvdiu

Regarding the two trusts, I don't feel they are embarrassing, simply because I don't think I,or the majority of the support, don't know enough about them to be able to form an opinion … they appear to be a bit like that more like that phrase / saying:- 'a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma'

Just now, KemoAvdiu said:

Like a lot of people, in the absence of clear facts I have some concerns about the prospective new owners.

But can we be clear that the current board are dreadful? None of them (with one exception, I think?) have any actually financial commitment to the club and a number are, let’s be quite honest, involved because of ego/career-enhancing reasons. It’s a nice addition to the LinkedIn profile, isn’t it? There will be an infinite number of better ownership alternatives out there, because the current board aren’t fit for purpose. 

Correct .... they have invested not a pound in the club, bought no shares nor brought in any investment 

can somebody articulate the strategy of our current board ?

1 minute ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Regarding the two trusts, I don't feel they are embarrassing, simply because I don't think I,or the majority of the support, don't know enough about them to be able to form an opinion … they appear to be a bit like that more like that phrase / saying:- 'a riddle, wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma'

What do they actually do ? 

2 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

But can we be clear that the current board are dreadful? None of them (with one exception, I think?) have any actual financial commitment to the club and a number are, let’s be quite honest, involved because of ego/career-enhancing reasons. It’s a nice addition to the LinkedIn profile, isn’t it? There will be an infinite number of better ownership alternatives out there, because the current board aren’t fit for purpose. 

Yes to this, especially the linkedin profile.

I think we need to have an open mind about this offer / take-over

8 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Is their invisibility not embarrassing? The new Trust was supposed to be a brave new dawn but they appear to have done nothing and communicated even less. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

With thirty pieces of silver.

Ok ask yourself this - Why Now - this was obviously a complicated deal to pull together - not all parties know each other that well - Some of them dont even like each other - but what changed over the End of Last Season for this to happen ? For a proactive joining of forces to occur - now you could say Money - but at least a third of those involved are very wealthy -there Thistle Fans - there not selling the Club down the River for in there Nett Worth - not a lot 

So people need to ask themselves - Why ?  Something was the Catalyst for such a dramatic change ? 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Yes to this, especially the linkedin profile.

I think we need to have an open mind about this offer / take-over

We have no choice as it will happen or not happen based on discussions and money changing hands between a small number of people.

I will make my judgements based on the aims the new owners have and how they plan to achieve these - all of which have not been supplied.

38 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Where are the American owners of Dundee, Dundee Utd and Ayr getting their return ? 

38 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Where are the American owners of Dundee, Dundee Utd and Ayr getting their return ? 

I’ve no idea , have you ?

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You can’t asset strip a company with no assets and if you pile it with debt no one will buy it 

If you look at it carefully javeajag , there is no chance they are here for the long term , they are in the process of moving on Nice football Club, they invested in Nice football club and are currently in the process of selling it on for a healthy profit ,

They’ve had Nice for less than 2 yrs , these guys are interested in making money, nothing else 

They’ve obviously looked at our Club from whatever angle and think they can get a return on their investment.

Not sure if this is the road we should go down .

4 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

I think they're as likely to as anyone else.

Honestly?  

On what basis?   They don’t have deep pockets and so far have presided over only loss making off the park and under performance on the field. 

Are you one of the rumoured “direct message from the chair” brigade  or are these your own thoughts?  

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You can’t asset strip a company with no assets and if you pile it with debt no one will buy it 

Exactly this. And even if they make it more sustainable with a higher profile and worth more money and then sell it in to someone else , what’s wrong with that if they have improved our lot in between times, who knows the next owner might even be “the right kind of owner” (whatever that is). 

• admin locked this topic