New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

You still have refused to

1 outline the plan you said they had - or did you make that up 

2 tell us their business track record - or did you make that up as well 

3 who ‘they’ are - or don’t you know 

I have never at any point cliamed any of that - your simply making stuff up - complete nonsense 

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Yes - it depends very much on if you believe that the Fans are the best fit for Running the Club 

What your suggesting is just because they are Fans that means they are the best option - which is nonsense   

And just because someone wants to buy they club doesn’t mean you should sell it.....in many ways TFE is a diversion .....you were in favour of selling to the mob before TFE was ever mentioned 

21 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok so lets stop the nonsense 

You have two options ( assuming no one is suggesting the the previous board was an option ) 

The Shareholders have decided to sell - now thats there right - so no one should be commenting or debating that 

We have Two options on the Table - the Consortium or TFE 

Now the Consortium bought Nice - and sold it for a Profit - they are no worse off ( despite there Fans Moaning ) 

Barnsley currently are No Worse off than they were when they were taken over - and Yes Fans are not happy - but they were happy when they got promoted  - so like all Fans they are fickle - thats Football 

So If faced with a Consortium with a Business Track Record and a Plan - I will choose them - as opposed to TFE 

Im not against a form of Fan Ownership - just not with TFE and by the looks of things the Shareholders are not keen despite it being to there Financial advantage 

So its not about anyone promoting the Consortium - its about deciding what is the more sensible route - ultimately thats the shareholders decision and they have clearly shown that its not simply about Money       

So for all your emotional nonsense - you havent woken up to the fact that there are two Choices - and Im certainly not choosing TFE  

Is there risk with the Consortium - Yes - but they are paying Money - they will want a return - therefore by default we have to run as a cohesive Business Unit - as opposed to a Bowling Club 

So unless you have a Plan C - stop  going on about the Consortium as its the only logical offer on the table 

Plus ReTweeting a few disgruntled Fans is hardly  an analysis of how things are going at Barnsley  

Ok ...foot shoot time....

your post from yesterday ....

the consortium have a business track record and a plan.....you said 

Today I never said that 

stop making things up 

We're pretty much all agreed that the current board have done a good job and we'd like them to stay, but

We're pretty much all agreed that the current board are looking to get out and are keen to sell at some point.

We're pretty much all agreed that the consortium would not likely be an improvement on the current board, but the facts are sketchy at the moment

We're pretty much all agreed that Thistle people running the club is a good thing, though TFE to date haven't convinced us that they have the necessary plans in place

We're pretty much all agreed that Colin Weir's money has been welcome, and continued support would be positive.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ridiculous .... it’s not being taken over it’s who your being taken over by and why 

make a positive case for this lot 

Make a positive case for the TfE lot. 

I asked where it says the TfE wont sell promising young players (the main objection to Lee et al), still waiting for an answer.

13 minutes ago, allyo said:

We're pretty much all agreed that the current board have done a good job and we'd like them to stay, but

We're pretty much all agreed that the current board are looking to get out and are keen to sell at some point.

We're pretty much all agreed that the consortium would not likely be an improvement on the current board, but the facts are sketchy at the moment

We're pretty much all agreed that Thistle people running the club is a good thing, though TFE to date haven't convinced us that they have the necessary plans in place

We're pretty much all agreed that Colin Weir's money has been welcome, and continued support would be positive.

Agree with your first 3 points, but disagree  with some points in 4 and 5.

Edited by Garscube Road End

4 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I asked where it says the TfE wont sell promising young players (the main objection to Lee et al), still waiting for an answer.

I don’t have to that’s their job .... your position seems anyone can buy the club as long as it’s not TFE

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I don’t have to that’s their job .... your position seems anyone can buy the club as long as it’s not TFE

My mistake. I thought it was your job to act as PR for them (going by these 191 pages it is anyway).

Not that you've done much of a job.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Rubbish.....if thistle fans Beattie, Gilfinnan , Allan were in TFE it would be fine I presume ? So it us about individuals 

These guys are proven successful businessmen who have ran companies well all their days, plus have a level of personal wealth behind them (from being successful) to pull us out a hole in a cash flow incident 

Who from TFE has that background or clout

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

My mistake. I thought it was your job to act as PR for them (going by these 191 pages it is anyway).

Not that you've done much of a job.

Your mistake is acknowledged

instead of insulting people and demeaning yourself just make the positive case for your consortium 

Edited by javeajag

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

These guys are proven successful businessmen who have ran companies well all their days, plus have a level of personal wealth behind them (from being successful) to pull us out a hole in a cash flow incident 

Who from TFE has that background or clout

A good question .... I don’t know but let’s find out ?

22 minutes ago, allyo said:

My amendments to points 4 and 5, respectively: delete all words after after 'TfE to date' and insert, 'haven't shown they possess the necessary business acumen'; after 'would be positive' insert 'providing he can give us an assurance that he wont walk away in a huff again.

45 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Thats complete nonsense all Sports use statistical data - and so would Lambie if it was available in his day 

When you have two signing Windows and intense competition for the best Players you have to do your research 

Lambie used  Athletics Coaches for Strength & Conditioning - long before  Strength & Conditioning Coaches existed - his PR persona and his approach to Football were very very different 

All the stats in the World doesnt make good Players or Good Managers BUT they are a key indicator of performance in advance 

I said I accept that stats are used by all the top clubs.

My main determining factor when signing a player would be to have them watched playing football- many times. Not looking at their stats. 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Your mistake is acknowledged

instead of insulting people and demeaning yourself just make the positive case for your consortium 

Merely commented on the Pr job that you've done on TfE which I (and many others)  find unconvincing; whereas you have consistently impugned JJ's motives. 

12 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I'd have though that was easy- we can be reasonably certain that the owners' motives are for the good of the club and to improve the team on the field. While I fully accept this most certainly does not guarantee it will work, and could end in disaster, I would consider this outcome less likely when the motives are the right ones.

With the Barnsley consortium, we have no idea what the motives are, so there is a greater inherent risk in my opinion. And from what we can tell from Barnsley and Nice fans and how each club is being run, the motives seem a little dodgy at best.

I feel far more comfortable with fan ownership rather than this particular consortium.

Just now, Semi Nurainen said:

Merely commented on the Pr job that you've done on TfE which I (and many others)  find unconvincing; whereas you have consistently impugned JJ's motives. 

I have no connection with TFE ... I merely posted stuff they put out .... I do have a problem with people in here who support the consortium only by reference to not  liking tfe .....

not one person has put forward a positive case for the consortium after four months which to me is very telling 

jj said yesterday the consortium have a business track record and a plan .... today they don’t ! Who can support that 

who are the consortium .... do you know ?

Just now, Duke Gekantawa said:

I'd have though that was easy- we can be reasonably certain that the owners' motives are for the good of the club and to improve the team on the field.  

Can we?  As soon as power is offered to people this quite often goes out the window. Look to the mess of the JT years ago, the board rep and basically 95% of MP’s MSP’s MEP’s to see how Being elevated to a position of power can corrupt

• admin locked this topic