New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

Were the consortium going to invest 10m into PTFC? I'm assuming most unlikely. That being the case it's obvious we take Mr Weirs generous offer. Whether he is supported by TFE or another group.....so what. Remind me if I'm ever lucky enough to have substantial capital never ever give it to PTFC, as apparently it's only "old money" that's welcome. The inate snobbery that is evident on this is all to clear. I dont know if fan ownership will work, but I'm willing to bet that will skilled fans on board there is no reason why not. As I said earlier and I note that no one answered.....if the shareholders dont like the deal.....dont sell your shares. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Were the consortium going to invest 10m into PTFC? I'm assuming most unlikely. That being the case it's obvious we take Mr Weirs generous offer. Whether he is supported by TFE or another group.....so what. Remind me if I'm ever lucky enough to have substantial capital never ever give it to PTFC, as apparently it's only "old money" that's welcome. The inate snobbery that is evident on this is all to clear. I dont know if fan ownership will work, but I'm willing to bet that will skilled fans on board there is no reason why not. As I said earlier and I note that no one answered.....if the shareholders dont like the deal.....dont sell your shares. 

I've mentioned this before: I have a small number of A shares and B shares in PTFC Ltd, and I will sell them at the price I paid for them (more than 20 years ago) to anybody who wants them.

11 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So answer how TFE managed to get in contact with Colin Weir and convince him very very quickly to Fund there takeover - yet he wouldnt talk to David Beattie ?    

I can only assume that David Beattie and his associates didn't try very hard. Earlier today I personally spoke with Colin Weir on a non-Thistle related matter. I had to make 2 phone calls and then he called me back. It could not have been much easier.

9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I can only assume that David Beattie and his associates didn't try very hard. Earlier today I personally spoke with Colin Weir on a non-Thistle related matter. I had to make 2 phone calls and then he called me back. It could not have been much easier.

Now that made me laugh !!

20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That assumes that the person that you made contact with was OK with you speaking to Colin Weir - therefore as you have confirmed you cant make direct Contact with him - so in essence your talking nonsense ref not trying very hard 

36 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

What are you talking about -its not about the Money its who the Money is given to and what they do with the Power it brings - with the proposed set up your not going to attract the quality thats required to Run the Club - its as simple as that 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

That assumes that the person that you made contact with was OK with you speaking to Colin Weir - therefore as you have confirmed you cant make direct Contact with him - so in essence your talking nonsense ref not trying very hard 

You don’t know any of that unless you were making or on the calls  .... I get your upset because it demolishes your can’t speak to Colin weir argument 

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

What are you talking about -its not about the Money its who the Money is given to and what they do with the Power it brings - with the proposed set up your not going to attract the quality thats required to Run the Club - its as simple as that 

Can you really predict the future ? Tfe it will be all bad , consortium it’s will be all good .... ridiculous none of us know !

Just now, javeajag said:

You don’t know any of that unless you were making or on the calls  .... I get your upset because it demolishes your can’t speak to Colin weir argument 

No it doesnt - whats confirmed is that is that there is a buffer and your dependent if that person wants you to make contact with Colin Weir   

That Buffer is normally a Lawyer or a PR Company .......... 

Just now, javeajag said:

Can you really predict the future ? Tfe it will be all bad , consortium it’s will be all good .... ridiculous none of us know !

The Consortium is a Business - they are Investing Cash 

TFE are using Colin Weirs Money - Ive never said Consortium will be good - Ive asked questions of TFE - have you ? 

36 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

OK, following your argument, why was that person not OK with Colin talking to PTFC representatives ? 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

32 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No it doesnt - whats confirmed is that is that there is a buffer and your dependent if that person wants you to make contact with Colin Weir   

That Buffer is normally a Lawyer or a PR Company .......... 

Or it could be someone took a message and he called back !!

36 minutes ago, javeajag said:

No it doesn't. It just says that that you go through a third party to see if Colin Weir wants to talk to you. Perhaps in the case of the board they did try to make contact, but Weir wasn't interested after what happened to JLow.

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

No it doesn't. It just says that that you go through a third party to see if Colin Weir wants to talk to you. Perhaps in the case of the board they did try to make contact, but Weir wasn't interested after what happened to JLow.

Maybe or maybe not ... he may just have been on the other line at the time or any number of reasons ....

unless Colin weir comes out and says I refused to take the call because of Jlow it’s all speculation 

Regardless of how easy or difficult it is to contact Colin Weir, I'm struggling to see why it is an issue. Like what is it that JJ is suggesting is untoward about Colin Weir speaking to TFE and not David Beattie? For one thing, none of us really know how seriously David Beattie wanted to speak to Colin Weir, or what he wanted to suggest.

My own assumption was that a billionaire consortium was enough to make Colin Weir think "that's not for me", and be off. It's his money. So I don't really see what was wrong with that. Nor do I see a problem with him talking to a fans' group, whatever their credentials may be. 

What's the issue here?

4 minutes ago, allyo said:

Regardless of how easy or difficult it is to contact Colin Weir, I'm struggling to see why it is an issue. Like what is it that JJ is suggesting is untoward about Colin Weir speaking to TFE and not David Beattie? For one thing, none of us really know how seriously David Beattie wanted to speak to Colin Weir, or what he wanted to suggest.

My own assumption was that a billionaire consortium was enough to make Colin Weir think "that's not for me", and be off. It's his money. So I don't really see what was wrong with that. Nor do I see a problem with him talking to a fans' group, whatever their credentials may be. 

What's the issue here?

I could not agree more

Further, I don't see what the issue is with TfE getting the money from Colin Weir, a bank or if there were 1,000,000 million thistle supporters all signing up. The fact is that they sold the idea to him and it was an idea that he felt he could support.

45 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

They must have known about the consortium offer before removing Low, so either they didn't try before, or something else pissed him off. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

They must have known about the consortium offer before removing Low, so either they didn't try before, or something else pissed him off. 

If Colin weir is going to invest £10m into the club am I too excited about the exact details of the ownership structure ? Not really 

• admin locked this topic