New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

20 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So Colin Weir is buying the Club and handing to TFE to run - Good Luck with that .

As for the Training Ground that will be via 3 Black Cats - How long  is that a Training Ground  has been "Under Discussion "  - remind me who are the Directors of 3 Black Cats again ? 

However Interesting that you have such detailed information given that you have involvement with TFE 

Assumptions , assumptions ....wrong again 

I as I have repeatedly said here , so I know you have read , i have no involvement with tfe nor have I spoken to anyone from them so stop peddling your conspiracy theories...

1 this came from inside the club

2. I never said Colin weir was buying the club and giving it to tfe ... you did 

3. I never mentioned three black cats in relation to the training facility ...  you did 

my support for tfe is faced with a choice between them or the vulture capitalists I will choose them as I don’t want your lot doing to us what they are doing to Barnsley 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:55 AM, javeajag said:

Ok good news.....

the rapproachment  between the Board and Colin Weir is just about complete !!

the consortium bid didn't add up and the due diligence raised a number of issues....what a surprise....

just for jj a new training facility is under discussion.....very interesting !

Is this info in the public domain ? 

On 10/24/2019 at 9:54 AM, Jordanhill Jag said:

Has Colin Weir done any due diligence on who he is handing the Club over to ? 

This for me is still a key question that needs to be clarified. Not because I'm against TfE, I'm for it in principal and, for openness, I have made a modest pledge. My concern regards who owns the shares and who governs what is done with them. Is there anything to stop the current TfE custodians taking Colin Weirs shares and then selling to the highest bidder and trousering the money. I think it unlikely that this would happen, but perhaps 20 or 30 years from now, with a new generation of TfE management in place, who is there to stop them doing just that ?

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

This for me is still a key question that needs to be clarified. Not because I'm against TfE, I'm for it in principal and, for openness, I have made a modest pledge. My concern regards who owns the shares and who governs what is done with them. Is there anything to stop the current TfE custodians taking Colin Weirs shares and then selling to the highest bidder and trousering the money. I think it unlikely that this would happen, but perhaps 20 or 30 years from now, with a new generation of TfE management in place, who is there to stop them doing just that ?

I suspect there will be a legal agreement through a trust mechanism .... if that’s what happens ....

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Assumptions , assumptions ....wrong again 

I as I have repeatedly said here , so I know you have read , i have no involvement with tfe nor have I spoken to anyone from them so stop peddling your conspiracy theories...

1 this came from inside the club

2. I never said Colin weir was buying the club and giving it to tfe ... you did 

3. I never mentioned three black cats in relation to the training facility ...  you did 

my support for tfe is faced with a choice between them or the vulture capitalists I will choose them as I don’t want your lot doing to us what they are doing to Barnsley 

But Colin Weir is Buying the Club and giving it to TFE - thats in the Public Domian 

Three Black Cats will be the Vehicle for Building & Renting back to us any Training Facility - again in the Public Domain 

As for "my lot " you seriuosly want to have a long look in the Mirror when you make these statements - I have nothing to do with the Consortium - as the Club is Clearly being sold I was happy for a Fresh Approach to Running a Football Club 

So as a matter of interest - Im assuming you have a Pension - who do you think its invested in other than Funds run by "Vulture Capitalists " so for Clarity your stating that on Principle you wouldnt want anything that makes a Profit associated with the Club on well Moral Grounds - and thats why you are Supporting TFE 

However interesting that whilst you were demanding answer from the Consortium with every Post  - you have zero to say about the fact TFE have been reported missing for Weeks ? But thats OK 

Or the Due Dilligence you were demanding - are you demanding the same of TFE 

Or the fact that the Thistle Trust just so happened to put out a statement condeming the Consortium on the same day TFE put in a Weir Backed Bid in for the Club 

As for Barnsley - they are No worse off than they were when they were taken over - not Great I accept but not the Armegeddon your trying to pitch 

As for TFE - all I would say - is be careful what you wish for - you may just get it .............  

I suspect there will be a legal agreement through a trust mechanism .... if that’s what happens ....

Regarding the Trust mechanism. Has The Partick Thistle Trust pledges its shares towards this like it has its backing. And as the trust board are effectively only the platform for its members (the fans) was any consultation or vote carried out to allow this?

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The other clarification that needs setting is will the boards of the various entities be separate or eventually amalgamate?

Board 1 - Thistle Weir Academy board 

Board 2 - Training ground board (Likely to be 3 black Cats, Weirs Group)

Board 3 - PTFC Club board

Board 3 - PTFC Operation board 

40 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But Colin Weir is Buying the Club and giving it to TFE - thats in the Public Domian 

Three Black Cats will be the Vehicle for Building & Renting back to us any Training Facility - again in the Public Domain 

As for "my lot " you seriuosly want to have a long look in the Mirror when you make these statements - I have nothing to do with the Consortium - as the Club is Clearly being sold I was happy for a Fresh Approach to Running a Football Club 

So as a matter of interest - Im assuming you have a Pension - who do you think its invested in other than Funds run by "Vulture Capitalists " so for Clarity your stating that on Principle you wouldnt want anything that makes a Profit associated with the Club on well Moral Grounds - and thats why you are Supporting TFE 

However interesting that whilst you were demanding answer from the Consortium with every Post  - you have zero to say about the fact TFE have been reported missing for Weeks ? But thats OK 

Or the Due Dilligence you were demanding - are you demanding the same of TFE 

Or the fact that the Thistle Trust just so happened to put out a statement condeming the Consortium on the same day TFE put in a Weir Backed Bid in for the Club 

As for Barnsley - they are No worse off than they were when they were taken over - not Great I accept but not the Armegeddon your trying to pitch 

As for TFE - all I would say - is be careful what you wish for - you may just get it .............  

Things in the public domain can change ....

the potential new training facility is not a new build 

there is a difference between pension fund management and financial speculation 

I’m not responsible for tfe and if they disappear because Colin weir does a deal with the club that’s fine by me

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

The other clarification that needs setting is will the boards of the various entities be separate or eventually amalgamate?

Board 1 - Thistle Weir Academy board 

Board 2 - Training ground board (Likely to be 3 black Cats, Weirs Group)

Board 3 - PTFC Club board

Board 3 - PTFC Operation board 

Based on a lot of assumptions !

21 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We have 3 different legal entities which will be comprising  of 4 boards (TFE have stated 2 boards, Weir Academy has a board, 3BC has a board) all funded by Colin Weir, I don’t believe there is any assumptions on that

Well your assuming 

1. tfe will gain control of the club

2. if they do that the structure will be as outlined 

3. that 3BC will be involved 

4. that no other changes to structures or legal entities will be made 

lots of road to travel yet ....

Edited by javeajag

Things in the public domain can change ....

the potential new training facility is not a new build 

there is a difference between pension fund management and financial speculation 

I’m not responsible for tfe and if they disappear because Colin weir does a deal with the club that’s fine by me

Ok - So 3BC buy St Mirren Training Ground ( which is a guess ) doesnt change the fact - they own it - we are renting it at a Commercial Rate - so frankly its not that big a deal as people involved with the Club Made out 

Pension Fund Management relies on "Vulture Funds " who operate exactly the same way as the Consortium - thats how Pension Funds get a return - or at least part of it - so you have a Moral Objection to them buying Thistle but not Funding your Pension - and In Business people deal with them all the time Im assuming you have never at any point dealt with them as they are "Vultures " 

As Ive stated on a number of occasions _ I have no objection in principle to Fan Ownership - I am against TFE taking over the Club or having anything to do with Running it or deciding the Model it will work to - Im far from convinced Fan Ownership can work - but open to discussions - however the TFE thing for me is a complete No 

12 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - So 3BC buy St Mirren Training Ground ( which is a guess ) doesnt change the fact - they own it - we are renting it at a Commercial Rate - so frankly its not that big a deal as people involved with the Club Made out 

Pension Fund Management relies on "Vulture Funds " who operate exactly the same way as the Consortium - thats how Pension Funds get a return - or at least part of it - so you have a Moral Objection to them buying Thistle but not Funding your Pension - and In Business people deal with them all the time Im assuming you have never at any point dealt with them as they are "Vultures " 

As Ive stated on a number of occasions _ I have no objection in principle to Fan Ownership - I am against TFE taking over the Club or having anything to do with Running it or deciding the Model it will work to - Im far from convinced Fan Ownership can work - but open to discussions - however the TFE thing for me is a complete No 

St Mirren training ground not as far as I know .....you don’t know who is buying what and how it’s being structured but its still bad.....talk about negative !

if your pension manager operates like the owners of Barnsley I’d move my funds ....to equate a fund manager to guys taking a punt on a football club is a joke 

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

St Mirren training ground not as far as I know .....you don’t know who is buying what and how it’s being structured but its still bad.....talk about negative !

if your pension manager operates like the owners of Barnsley I’d move my funds ....to equate a fund manager to guys taking a punt on a football club is a joke 

Stop making things up - Ive said that Im open to Fan Ownership but Not TFE - however remain sceptical on Fan Ownership  - Ive said this on a number of occassions but you chose to ignore it 

You said Vulture Funds - its the Nature of All Investment Funds to look for undervalued Companies and Max the Profit - the Pension Manager merely chooses the Funds - so save the Moral High Ground - its an Investment Fund - now disagree with them taking over the Club - thats fine - but save the Holier than tho nonsense  as its complete tripe 

Ive always stated I would prefer the current Board and I think they are honest with the Clubs interests at heart -  whereas you have accused them of only being in it for the Money - so lets see who is right 

Whilst not popular Ive always been consistant - so lets see what develops 

13 hours ago, javeajag said:

Well your assuming 

1. tfe will gain control of the club

2. if they do that the structure will be as outlined 

3. that 3BC will be involved 

4. that no other changes to structures or legal entities will be made 

lots of road to travel yet ....

So as your not involved with TFE are you involved with (rumored) direct purchase of the club by Colin Weir

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

So as your not involved with TFE are you involved with (rumored) direct purchase of the club by Colin Weir

Was it not always to be a direct purchase by cw, then the shares gifted to tfe/the supporters into a shareholding vehicle?  

8 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Stop making things up - Ive said that Im open to Fan Ownership but Not TFE - however remain sceptical on Fan Ownership  - Ive said this on a number of occassions but you chose to ignore it 

You said Vulture Funds - its the Nature of All Investment Funds to look for undervalued Companies and Max the Profit - the Pension Manager merely chooses the Funds - so save the Moral High Ground - its an Investment Fund - now disagree with them taking over the Club - thats fine - but save the Holier than tho nonsense  as its complete tripe 

Ive always stated I would prefer the current Board and I think they are honest with the Clubs interests at heart -  whereas you have accused them of only being in it for the Money - so lets see who is right 

Whilst not popular Ive always been consistant - so lets see what develops 

I wasn’t referring to fan ownership but to the training ground .....

we are not an undervalued asset nor would we be in any pension managers portfolio ....I said vulture capitalist not  vulture funds so quote me correctly .....these type of people don’t care about the assets they buy, the human beings in them or the communities they are in so ill keep my moral high ground thanks 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Nope

So for the aviodence of doubt ( and given you asked me a similiar question directly ) 

You are not involved in any Way in discussions of the Share Sale or Transfer of existing Shareholders party 

That you will not be involved in any Capacity in the Future Running or any Trust - Supervision  Board - Operations Board or associated part of the Club beyond simply being a Fan and Season Ticket Holder ( apologies for the detial but its important given your very Public Stance against the Consortium ) also your Public Statements that Current Board  are simply looking to sell to get a return   

• admin locked this topic