New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

I don't understand why you'd close something that people want to contribute to, in order to satisfy those who don't want to contribute.  That seems completely illogical to me. The people who don't want to contribute have a very easy way to avoid it if they want to.

In my view the only rational reason for closing the thread is if an intervention is considered necessary, to protect the wellbeing of Javeajag and Jordanhill Jag and allow them to progress with their lives. I'm not sure if we're there yet

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Heard on the radio last weekend that Hearts will be fan owned next summer. Their fans group has raised £9 million. They have between 7,500 - 8,000 subscribers, who pay on a monthly basis. The Falkirk takeover is now not going ahead.

24 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Heard on the radio last weekend that Hearts will be fan owned next summer. Their fans group has raised £9 million. They have between 7,500 - 8,000 subscribers, who pay on a monthly basis. The Falkirk takeover is now not going ahead.

Motherwell have paid almost all their debt to the individual fans who lent money for the fans' takeover. The Falkirk deal wasn't a fans buyout was it?

45 minutes ago, scotty said:

Motherwell have paid almost all their debt to the individual fans who lent money for the fans' takeover. The Falkirk deal wasn't a fans buyout was it?

The amount, totalling over £1,500,000, has been paid back over three years through the sale of first-team players.” 

13 hours ago, allyo said:

I don't understand why you'd close something that people want to contribute to, in order to satisfy those who don't want to contribute.  That seems completely illogical to me. The people who don't want to contribute have a very easy way to avoid it if they want to.

In my view the only rational reason for closing the thread is if an intervention is considered necessary, to protect the wellbeing of Javeajag and Jordanhill Jag and allow them to progress with their lives. I'm not sure if we're there yet

Don't worry, it is normal in this PC Butthurt snowflake society where people seek out new ways to be offended!

As we await something to debate on this thread a mate of mine mentioned to me that it was on September 23 that David Beattie said we should know about the consortium takeover in 3/4 weeks ....that’s nearly seven weeks ago .....

now in these things there can always be things that drag the timing out particular if serious discussions are now underway with Colin Weir

but the communication from the club is very very poor - and I don’t expect any blow by blow account of what’s happening - but given it’s potentially the biggest issue for the club in a generation the least they could do is provide some kind of update  to fans and shareholders ....a general indication of the direction would do or some holding statement 

The previous board rightly got criticized on the comms front but despite the warm words when they took over the current board are possibly even worse !

Edited by javeajag

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

As we await something to debate on this thread a mate of mine mentioned to me that it was on September 23 that David Beattie said we should know about the consortium takeover in 3/4 weeks ....that’s nearly seven weeks ago .....

now in these things there can always be things that drag the timing out particular if serious discussions are now underway with Colin Weir

but the communication from the club is very very poor - and I don’t expect any blow by blow account of what’s happening - but given it’s potentially the biggest issue for the club in a generation the least they could do is provide some kind of update  to fans and shareholders ....a general indication of the direction would do or some holding statement 

The previous board rightly got criticized on the comms front but despite the warm words when they took over the current board are possibly even worse !

Worse than J Low? You're having a laugh.

Edited by Garscube Road End

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

By way of not having to make any they are better after Low's disastrous communications over Doolan and Erskine and her much self vaunted monthly update which quickly disappeared.

I’m still not clear on how they are any better except by staying silent ?

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Something else should have happened by October 31st and it didn't. Wonder which will be decided first.:thumbsup2:

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

I know counting isn’t your strong point. And your point has validity despite your latest example of an inability to count. 

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

I’m still not clear on how they are any better except by staying silent ?

In Communications you can operate Spin and in reality say nothing  - or if you have nothing substantial to say - you can say nothing   

So TFE who you support have said Nothing for at least a Month - but you seem ok with that ?  

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

In Communications you can operate Spin and in reality say nothing  - or if you have nothing substantial to say - you can say nothing   

So TFE who you support have said Nothing for at least a Month - but you seem ok with that ?  

I’m not sure what tfe promised on communication ? Tfe can speak for themselves 

The board actually promised better communication when they took over you think it’s improved ?

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I’m not sure what tfe promised on communication ? Tfe can speak for themselves 

The board actually promised better communication when they took over you think it’s improved ?

From their last update

Q. Do you plan to have an open meeting for fans?

Yes”

22 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

From their last update

Q. Do you plan to have an open meeting for fans?

Yes”

Two wrongs equal two wrongs..... but the only point to be made in reference to the boards poor communication is to criticize a fans group for the same thing ?!  ....the board run the club and are responsible for club communication which is nothing short of dreadful 

let’s take a neutral example ....Mitch Austin what’s the story ? What’s the update ? Silence or should we ask tfe if they know .....

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Two wrongs equal two wrongs..... but the only point to be made in reference to the boards poor communication is to criticize a fans group for the same thing ?!  ....the board run the club and are responsible for club communication which is nothing short of dreadful 

let’s take a neutral example ....Mitch Austin what’s the story ? What’s the update ? Silence or should we ask tfe if they know .....

The board has had 2 meet the board and an AGM, they aren’t asking for us to transfer our shares to them  or buy shares for them. TFE are (or were).

As for Austin do you expect Beattie to go in the press to talk about an injured player. One that was recovering from a near career ending injury and failed an initial medical when he was signed after our ex manager after he’d only watched his video sent from his agent

31 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The board has had 2 meet the board and an AGM, they aren’t asking for us to transfer our shares to them  or buy shares for them. TFE are (or were).

As for Austin do you expect Beattie to go in the press to talk about an injured player. One that was recovering from a near career ending injury and failed an initial medical when he was signed after our ex manager after he’d only watched his video sent from his agent

I’m amused that the obsession with tfe continues.....my post was about the Board telling us six weeks ago the takeover would be clarified in 3/4 weeks and since September we have heard nothing ....in fact the club communicate on the takeover through the press there is just about nothing on the club website .....I’m not sure what Board communication or lack of has to do with tfe 

the agm ...well they have to have one don’t they and one of the meet the board is also an annual event 

on Austin I expect the club to keep us informed  which is not unreasonable but if your  happy with club communication fine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The club had 2 meet the manager events, at one of which two board members turned up looking like rabbits caught in headlights and who both promised better communication. I suppose you could argue that as the chair wasn't there then he doesn't have to stick to that promise. The AGM is for shareholders and not for ordinary fans. I guess that was the forum for passing on the major shareholders ideas for selling their shares and was none of the rest of our business.

• admin locked this topic