New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No - I think that Comms has to improve - however on the Takeover I think its more complicated than putting on a deadline - TFE who if the Press are to believed have hit the same issue - therefore I think we have to accept that updates on this matter are not easy 

I would rather nothing than Spin 

How about just a factual update ? 

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

No club gives a manager a completely free hand unless they are crazy ......we clearly have a budget and a limit to how much we can spend so you would  ‘think’ the CEO is managing that part of the process 

player recruitment over the last three seasons has been dreadful and the one constant throughout it has been Britton 

Agree wholeheartedly.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:11 AM, Norgethistle said:

We have the 3rd highest wage bill in the league (as was mentioned on Radio Scotland) yet our squad is unbalanced, threadbare, and probably the worst in the league in terms of total ability, speed and depth. Questions need to be asked who sanctioned the sign off on paying this dross so much. If rumors are true our 2 oldest players collect nearly £5k a week between them and are the two highest paid in the squad (That’s basic wage before bonuses). Caldwell (and those signing off on his horrendous signings) must have been an agents dream.  That and signing a guy who was recovering from a  near career ending injury who then failed an initial medical, shows how out of control our budget was.

The bigger issue is we will struggle to offload most of this squad in January due to their wages.

Having to pay Caldwell off is money well spent, and if the board hadn’t changed when it did he had aspirations of signing 4 more on very high wages, leaving us more in a mess.

Sorry for selective quoting but that is worrying in itself if any truth to the rumours. 

Miller may not come cheap as was rumoured possibly by yourself with McDonald but if GGH is getting something in the region of £1500-2000 a week that's insane.

Without naming your source is this the resurrection  of the Firhill Mole?

I see in other news that Barnsley bid has been scuppered by SFA red tape and read on Facebook that Weir's bid is set to go through...  

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

I see in other news that Barnsley bid has been scuppered by SFA red tape and read on Facebook that Weir's bid is set to go through...  

...in other news??!!!

Isn't that what these 215 pages have been about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I notice in that dreadful rag the daily mail....Paul Conway is complaining of sfa red tape ie dual ownership blocking his takeover ......this will be good news if true

note: no mention of chien lee

No mention of TFE either, perhaps both deals are gone and a 3rd more sparkly one is on the table right now

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

No mention of TFE either, perhaps both deals are gone and a 3rd more sparkly one is on the table right now

I think the point is chien lee is not involved in the conway bid 

now conway has said something maybe the club could update us ?

• admin locked this topic