New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

37 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I’m happy there appears to be some finality, finally.

While I’m ideologically in favour of fan ownership, I’m not in favour of the prospect of the likes of Paul Goodwin - who appears to be a cowboy - and the PTFC Trust - who have been historically completely impotent and/or utterly invisible - guiding the future of the club.

My worry is that the kind of fans we’d want to be involved are far too sensible to actually put themselves forward. But let’s see what happens. 

Its a bit like Politics - you have to be a certain type of person who likes the that  standing for election and title comes with - however we are a Business and very very few experienced Business People are going to stand in an Election 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Great news tonight .....and the whole stadium coming back into club ownership is an excellent development 

So why do you think its great News - you dont know any details - you dont know  who will run the Club - there competance levels - there business acumen  - how we fund the Running of the Club - be careful what you wish for .............. 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its a bit like Politics - you have to be a certain type of person who likes the that  standing for election and title comes with - however we are a Business and very very few experienced Business People are going to stand in an Election 

Standing for the Thistle Board could be a sort of repechage for those who are unsuccessful in the General Election.

2 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

TBF, people (like me) took that attitude to the proposed takeover by the Lee/Conway consortium. Folk are entitled to adopt that position if that's their gut feeling.

Well TFE and there associates ( and possibly others ) are firmly in charge - so lets just see where it takes us ..........

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Not sure about this.

One rich owner who has spat the dummy before.  Money went into an academy that is unsustainable for a club our size.  Not a businessman.  Jaqui Low/Gary Caldwell. All our eggs in one basket.  

The fetishness of this one person doesn't sit with me.

With Money comes Power - with lots of Money lots of Power - but does it bring responsibility - we will just have to wait and see what and who is announced that will give us a very good guide to our future - are we going to be Barca or Gretna or Stirling Albion   

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So why do you think its great News - you dont know any details - you dont know  who will run the Club - there competance levels - there business acumen  - how we fund the Running of the Club - be careful what you wish for .............. 

JJ , you’ve commented on previous posts that we had to put our trust in David Beattie regarding the sale of the Club , is that not the case anymore?

Just now, jlsarmy said:

JJ , you’ve commented on previous posts that we had to put our trust in David Beattie regarding the sale of the Club , is that not the case anymore?

I think David Beattie will do his best but he is circa 3% out of 55% and he will go with the majority 

Ive also asked you what communications took place with TFE prior to the Thistle Trust condemning  the  proposed Consortium Bid on the same Day as TFE announced its bid and you have so far failed to answer 

Also asked TFE about communications with previous Directors - again No Answer 

One thing I would say about TFE and the Supporters of the Bid - I hope they have a Nice Big Funding Package lined up for Years to come 

Getting Control is one thing Running it - well thats another thing  

On 11/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, Third Lanark said:

Maybe the communication from the fans group

Again if Weir is offering money for free that’s got to be better than non jags supporting Conway who solely wants money for himself and lets face it is unlikely to ever set foot in Firhill more than once a year 

How do you know its "Free" how do you know if theres not conditions and because you support the Club doesnt get you a Free Pass - Conway had a Plan - Yes lots of people didnt agree with it - fair enough - but he had a Plan - the lack of any Plan beyond  Free Money from Colin Weir  is just as risky as Mr Conway  

A couple of points

I see that the takeover includes specific areas of land - the South Terracing and the Main Stand (but not the North Stand or the JHS). What is the reason for this? Is it something to do with the Property Co. 

Also as a life long Jags Fan and sponsor of our Academy is there any doubt that Colin Weir has the best interests of PTFC at heart in taking over and securing the future of the club.?

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

What do you think might happen , we’ve still got a manager who is experienced and knows what he’s doing , might take a bit of time but in my opinion he’ll get there . There are business people within our support who can help and push us on .

What would you rather have , owners who have the best interests of the Club at heart or maybe you would prefer the Investment Company model whose main aim is to make money for themselves.

And what makes you think someone of the Quality of Billy Allan - David Beattie - Greig Brown would ever stand for election - thats naive nonsense ( as your about to find out ) but of course if you have a long term funding package well you wont need quality business people  

I would prefer Owners who know what they are doing    

How do you know its "Free" how do you know if theres not conditions and because you support the Club doesnt get you a Free Pass - Conway had a Plan - Yes lots of people didnt agree with it - fair enough - but he had a Plan - the lack of any Plan beyond  Free Money from Colin Weir  is just as risky as Mr Conway  

Paul Conway never came out publicly with a “‘Plan “ and indeed his submitted business plans were deemed unsuitable by the SFA .

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Paul Conway never came out publicly with a “‘Plan “ and indeed his submitted business plans were deemed unsuitable by the SFA .

Thats untrue the SFA didnt want Multi Ownership - had nothing to do with any Plans on the Running of PTFC - stop making stuff up 

So have the Directors of 3 Black Cats a Plan that they are waiting to share with us ? Thought this was  Fan Ownership - who are the Directors of 3 Black Cats again ?          

4 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

It may, to quote Sam Weller in conversation with Mr. Pickwick,  become a bit 'too interesting to be pleasant'.

When do we get Jacqui Lowe back as 'communications expert'? Remember, she did a  great job last time. 

Well Three Black Cats Now Own Partick Thistle - and according to Companies House Jlo is a Director of Three Black Cats   ? 

44 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I appreciate that many will have had different views and hoped for different outcomes.

For good or ill, we now have more clarity.  And hopefully with clarity comes unity (no doubt with a bit of healthy scepticism to keep us on our toes).

Or like the Dundee Fan Ownership it implodes  

Thats untrue the SFA didnt want Multi Ownership - had nothing to do with any Plans on the Running of PTFC - stop making stuff up 

So have the Directors of 3 Black Cats a Plan that they are waiting to share with us ? Thought this was  Fan Ownership - who are the Directors of 3 Black Cats again ?          

That was part of it , but it was intimated if they thought it was a special case they would look at it , they obviously did and didn’t come to a favourable conclusion 

23 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

A couple of points

I see that the takeover includes specific areas of land - the South Terracing and the Main Stand (but not the North Stand or the JHS). What is the reason for this? Is it something to do with the Property Co. 

Also as a life long Jags Fan and sponsor of our Academy is there any doubt that Colin Weir has the best interests of PTFC at heart in taking over and securing the future of the club.?

There is a vast difference between doing what you believe is a Good thing and Doing what is in reality the Correct thing in the Cold Light of Day - they should not be confused  

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

That was part of it , but it was intimated if they thought it was a special case they would look at it , they obviously did and didn’t come to a favourable conclusion 

No that was it - the Plans for the Club had no bearing it was an SFA Rule so stop trying to re-invent things 

And Im seriously dying to see the  Directors of the Three Black Cats Plans - maybe Kirkintulloch will be back in Vogue - Gary Caldwell Powerpoints Mark2 

Thing is I thought the Fans were taking over - would seem I was incorrect the Directors of Three Black Cats seem to have Control of the Club if Press is correct 

Its all very confusing - TFE - Thistle Trust - 3 Black Cats Directors   

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

You’re wrong there , Ian Maxwell came out publicly and said it would be looked at case by case .

But at no point did he state the Plans for Running the Club were involved he discussed an SFA Rule - so your simply making stuff up about there Plans for the Club 

However Im waaay more interested in our New Owners Plans for the Club  

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There is a vast difference between doing what you believe is a Good thing and Doing what is in reality the Correct thing in the Cold Light of Day - they should not be confused  

So on one hand , you’ve said the boardroom coup happened because of David Beattie’s influence and now you’re saying David Beattie meekly sold the Club and went with the majority, so basically all the other shareholders ( Dodd , Billy Allan etc ) are just in it for the money regardless to whom they sell the Club to ?

• admin locked this topic