Jump to content

Jag

New Owner

douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

 

 

 

 

 

Message added by douglas clark

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But at no point did he state the Plans for Running the Club were involved he discussed an SFA Rule - so your simply making stuff up about there Plans for the Club 

However Im waaay more interested in our New Owners Plans for the Club  

    

The dual ownership rule has been in place for a long time and scuppered Mike Ashley’s master plan at  Sevco as an example 

Unless Paul Conway’s plan re the dual ownership was totally different and transparent and offered no sporting advantage, that rule was never going to change .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust Beattie, trust the board, trust the shareholders to do the right thing has been your mantra for the last 3/4 months JJ.  Why has all that changed tonight? If it goes tits up is Beattie and his cohorts absolved of all blame? Are they not on record as saying they will have the best interests of the club at hand regarding the sale of the club? Time for you to accept the facts instead of going over and over and over the same points again. For what it’s worth, I think it’s a big challenge and a lot will depend on the make up of the board but given the choice of the two bids on the table I, for one, am happy with the outcome. 

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

So on one hand , you’ve said the boardroom coup happened because of David Beattie’s influence and now you’re saying David Beattie meekly sold the Club and went with the majority, so basically all the other shareholders ( Dodd , Billy Allan etc ) are just in it for the money regardless to whom they sell the Club to ?

 

When did I say that the Boardroom Coup happened because of Beatties influence - 55% of the Shsreholders decided that - stop making things up 

He has circa 3% shares so he has no option but to  go with the Majority - but in his short space on his return he has done a very very good job at stabilising us on and off the Park and Im genuinely gutted him Billy Allan - Norman - Ronnie - David Kelly etc are No longer Running the Club as I think they all did a Great Job in both there times at PTFC all genuine Thistle Men and with excellent Management Skills and I thank them for there Service   

So its over to our New Owners Three Black Cats and there Directors to decide our future     

        

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

When did I say that the Boardroom Coup happened because of Beatties influence - 55% of the Shsreholders decided that - stop making things up 

He has circa 3% shares so he has no option but to  go with the Majority - but in his short space on his return he has done a very very good job at stabilising us on and off the Park and Im genuinely gutted him Billy Allan - Norman - Ronnie - David Kelly etc are No longer Running the Club as I think they all did a Great Job in both there times at PTFC all genuine Thistle Men and with excellent Management Skills and I thank them for there Service   

So its over to our New Owners Three Black Cats and there Directors to decide our future     

        

 

So really what you’re saying re the genuine “‘Thistle men “ is that they’ve appraised the takeover and decided to sell the Club .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lindau said:

Trust Beattie, trust the board, trust the shareholders to do the right thing has been your mantra for the last 3/4 months JJ.  Why has all that changed tonight. If it goes tits up is Beattie and his cohorts absolved of all blame? Are they not on record as saying they will have the best interests of the club at hand regarding the sale of the club? Time for you to accept the facts instead of going over and over and over the same points again. For what it’s worth, I think it’s a big challenge and a lot will depend on the make up of the board but given the choice of the two bids on the table I, for one, am happy with the outcome. 

Look for Months everyone has been gripping about Colin Weir - so they have Sold to Colin Weir or more precisely Three Black Cats - the Consortium was never going to get a chance under a sustained PR Campaign  - So they went with the easy option and Weir its what most of the Fans wanted - He is a very very wealthy man whose generosity to the Club is well recorded   - he has the funds - the track record  and the easiest option - so its his / 3 Black Cats Club - if it goes "tits up" then given his Wealth  he has the means to fix it 

I accept why people will look at the two options and think this is the one with less risk - its certainly for the Shareholders the one with least hassle and the SFA were making the other one difficult - so it was the only game in Town to an extent -but the Devil is always in the detail - so lets wait and see what emerges    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jlsarmy said:

So really what you’re saying re the genuine “‘Thistle men “ is that they’ve appraised the takeover and decided to sell the Club .

 

I think they made a decision based on the fact that the Weir Option was what most Fans were pushing for - the Club was up for Sale - the PR Campaign against the Consortium has made it impossible for that as an option and why are you putting "Thistle Men" in hyphens of course they are Fans -everyone knows that  

But as I say - lets see what Three Black Cats and there Directors have planned looking forward to there announcement - wonder who does there PR ?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The dual ownership rule has been in place for a long time and scuppered Mike Ashley’s master plan at  Sevco as an example 

Unless Paul Conway’s plan re the dual ownership was totally different and transparent and offered no sporting advantage, that rule was never going to change .

You mean the SFA likev the idea of the existing wee cosy set up - ignore  Thistle Multi Club Ownership is accepted throughout Europe but not in Scotland ?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

so lets wait and see what emerges    

Correct! No one knows what the future will hold. It could be one of the most exciting things to have ever happened to our club or it could be the total opposite. If it’s the latter, I am  sure you won’t be slow on the trigger. Time will tell but it’s happened, so everyone that professes to be a supporter of the club, should get right behind it! 

Edited by Lindau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You mean the SFA likev the idea of the existing wee cosy set up - ignore  Thistle Multi Club Ownership is accepted throughout Europe but not in Scotland ?    

Same rule with the FA as well with British clubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lindau said:

Correct! No one knows what the future will hold. It could be one of the most exciting things to have ever happened to our club or it could be the total opposite. If it’s the latter, I am  sure you won’t be slow on the trigger. Time will tell but it’s happened, so everyone that professes to be a supporter of the club, should get right behind it! 

We have been taken over by 3 black cats - i think people will wait to see the details - who is involved directly - who is involved indirectly and the quality and experience of those running the club before people “get behind it” 

If memory serves TFE a Supporters Group were putting in a bid for the Club with an unconditional offer of funding from Colin Weir to purchase the Club on the Fans behalf 

what we actually have ( assume press and rumours are correct ) is that Three Black Cats now own Partick Thistle and will call the shots as its New Owners 

so lets see what emerges before getting behind it As it seems to have changed radically from TFE and there Supporters Sales Pitch 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Same rule with the FA as well with British clubs

But English Clubs are relaxed about it - but only the SFA have an issue with it 

but we are now safe from any sort of change 3 Black Cats now own us - so thats a relief 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who will fund the Club under fan ownership we're being asked. 

The Club will surely continue to be funded precisely as it currently is via:

Gate Money/Season Ticket Sales

Sponsorship (internal and external) 

Prize Money/TV

Transfer Income 

The challenge will be, as it for all Boards in all ownership models, in finding additional/new revenue streams. 

The BoD will be appointed in much the same way all BoDs are appointed. Those with the requisite skills set will be sought to fill positions. Nothing radical there. 

The difference within this structure would seem to be with the creation of the fans board to provide oversight of the Club Board. Making that work, credible and truly representative of the fan base will be, I imagine, a real challenge. 

IMO people are viewing this in the short term and are continuing to fight old squabbles rather than viewing the bigger picture. If you are ideogically supportive of fan ownership this is excellent news for our Club. Don't get bogged down in history but see it as a chance to create a positive future for Thistle. 

Anyway, I'm off on holiday. Play nice in my absence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So why do you think its great News - you dont know any details - you dont know  who will run the Club - there competance levels - there business acumen  - how we fund the Running of the Club - be careful what you wish for .............. 

It’s great news because:

1, the clowns running Barnsley who aimed to use the club to make money for themselves have been seen off

2. the club remains owned locally

3, the whole of Firhill comes into club ownership 

4. the club is owned by people who care about it 

5. thus thread can be shut down.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its a bit like Politics - you have to be a certain type of person who likes the that  standing for election and title comes with - however we are a Business and very very few experienced Business People are going to stand in an Election 

Let’s see what happens and go into this with a positive attitude to make it work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

How do you know its "Free" how do you know if theres not conditions and because you support the Club doesnt get you a Free Pass - Conway had a Plan - Yes lots of people didnt agree with it - fair enough - but he had a Plan - the lack of any Plan beyond  Free Money from Colin Weir  is just as risky as Mr Conway  

I can’t believe your still banging on that Conway had a plan which you have  admitted on here you have never seen !!! Indeed we never saw it or knew what it was.......His plan at Barnsley is working out really well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No that was it - the Plans for the Club had no bearing it was an SFA Rule so stop trying to re-invent things 

And Im seriously dying to see the  Directors of the Three Black Cats Plans - maybe Kirkintulloch will be back in Vogue - Gary Caldwell Powerpoints Mark2 

Thing is I thought the Fans were taking over - would seem I was incorrect the Directors of Three Black Cats seem to have Control of the Club if Press is correct 

Its all very confusing - TFE - Thistle Trust - 3 Black Cats Directors   

   

As I told you before we are in discussions on an existing facility in the north of Glasgow .....heres another chance to go all negative 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But at no point did he state the Plans for Running the Club were involved he discussed an SFA Rule - so your simply making stuff up about there Plans for the Club 

However Im waaay more interested in our New Owners Plans for the Club  

    

I have to admit the impression you are giving is that you are more  interested in bad things  happening so you can rub your hands in glee 

Edited by javeajag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, javeajag said:

TFE have said they will put out a communication to all pledgers this morning 

If they're aiming to run the club eventually should they not be speaking to all the fans, not just the ones who give them money?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chapwithwings said:

If they're aiming to run the club eventually should they not be speaking to all the fans, not just the ones who give them money?

I assume and hope  this is a first step and we get improved communication all round now the deal is done 

the model that’s going to be put forward is the Motherwell Well Society .....so we can all look at that and see how it works 

Colin weir has said he is gifting his shares to the new entity so unlike other fan groups there will be no requirement to raise funds to pay him back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least thimgs are moving forward. Can I suggest that it may be time soon to start a new thread on the way forward for the club and put all the petty, personality attacks away.

TBC buying the majority of shares is a done deal and if those shares are to be passed on to a fans' organisation then it is up to us all, who care about Thistle, to ensure that organisation is fit for purpose and the best thing for our club.

JJ has made a few statements, some of which have been answered by others but I'd like to address one.  He states that no experienced businessmen would put themselves forward to become involved in running the club. I assume he means that if they're not making money out of it they wont be interested.  I have had experience as chair of a fairly large housing association and professional people are willing to serve as unpaid directors because they believe in the concept. I am certain that Jags fans would be willing to be involved because they love the club.

Edited by scotty
spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sinistar said:

Sneaky inside pic of early preparatory restructuring of the Bing before the unveiling this weekend...thanks Colin!

bing.jpg

Which vomitorium gives quickest access to the pie stall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×