New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

56 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I noticed Hibs fans were quite oblivious to their impending takeover. 

I wonder where ours was leaked from?

That darn mole on the go again?

You only had one shareholder at Hibs  - we could  have anything up to Nine selling 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

58 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You only had one shareholder at Hibs  - we could  have anything up to Nine selling 

So one of the shareholders leaked the takeover?

Two at Hibs, STF and Rod Petrie, btw.

Heard tonight a strong rumor  flying about that an Edinburgh Lawyer has been contacting some shareholders asking if they are interested in selling - hearing another party (Not The Chinese-American guy) is looking at buying up 10% of the shares to possibly block the takeover 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Heard tonight a strong rumor  flying about that an Edinburgh Lawyer has been contacting some shareholders asking if they are interested in selling - hearing another party (Not The Chinese-American guy) is looking at buying up 10% of the shares to possibly block the takeover 

You kind of knew this wasn’t going to be straightforward !

16 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Why would someone be trying to block a takeover which could benefit the club before knowing the details of the takeover? That makes no sense.

And if so they are devaluing a lot of peoples shares in the process, so that's going to be a happy shareholder group going forward!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

Why would someone be trying to block a takeover which could benefit the club before knowing the details of the takeover? That makes no sense.

And if so they are devaluing a lot of peoples shares in the process, so that's going to be a happy shareholder group going forward!

Or maybe it is an existing shareholder who does know the details, doesn’t like the plans and is offering more, thus increasing the value of the shares.

Basically we don’t have a scooby about the motives of the first deal and even less about this rumour 

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Or maybe it is an existing shareholder who does know the details, doesn’t like the plans and is offering more, thus increasing the value of the shares.

Basically we don’t have a scooby about the motives of the first deal and even less about this rumour 

It’s not one of the group of 9 that hold 50% approx I’m led to believe ,  I’m assuming  it’s not the JT or THistle Trust,  from what I’ve been told the lawyer is working for a (yet) unnamed person or persons.

Edited by Norgethistle

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Majority shares are worth more than minority shares. Substantially.

Therefore if someone pays over the odds for 10%, you are right, they have increased the value for those individual shareholders, however they have shredded the value of the other 45% shareholders who then find themselves unable to muster a majority acting together.

It obviously cant be the Club as the Directors have to act in the interests of the Shareholders legally and this would mean a substantial block loses out on any Sale and wouldn't take it lightly - also the Club cant buy back its own shares  - 10% Im guessing is circa £200K + so its a fair wedge of money - not many people around Thistle with that sort of cash  just to block a New Investor - seems very very strange ( not doubting Norge Sources which are  always on the button ) 

The Question is why ?    Who benefits from No Change ? We dont even know the Plans Yet ?    

28 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Thats a Valid point - but if the Press are to be believed the Takeover Representative only met with the Board - so how would the existing Shareholder Know the Plans ?  

59 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Exclusive breaking news: it’s got nothing to do with me!!!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You kind of knew this wasn’t going to be straightforward !

Its only as complicated as parties want to make it - look at the other takeovers eg Hibs - Majority wanted to sell - its a done deal - so why is this not happening at Thistle - Board have no role to play - they dont own the Club and have to represent the Shareholders - if true this blocks the sale of Shares for circa 45% of shareholders for no good reason - why would this unknown party spend £200K + to block the takeover - we dont know the Plans - assuming they have met with the Board - then only they know   

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So you read every Newspaper - Ok - seems a bit strange 

Also why would the Club be meeting with the JT if they didnt  know anything 

Why would it be strange for a Thistle fan to read Thistle-related news across a number of sources?

Just now, Dark Passenger said:

My apologies, The Herald did say 'directors' have discussed the takeover with the consortium. The Mail reported that a member of the consortium was in Glasgow for discussions, without stipulating who they'd spoken to.

No probs - honestly couldnt say with certianty if I had read it or seen it on here 

13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its only as complicated as parties want to make it - look at the other takeovers eg Hibs - Majority wanted to sell - its a done deal - so why is this not happening at Thistle - Board have no role to play - they dont own the Club and have to represent the Shareholders - if true this blocks the sale of Shares for circa 45% of shareholders for no good reason - why would this unknown party spend £200K + to block the takeover - we dont know the Plans - assuming they have met with the Board - then only they know   

Agreed

I was thinking that as the board are not involved in the share sale why can’t they say something ?

1 minute ago, Dark Passenger said:

Why would it be strange for a Thistle fan to read Thistle-related news across a number of sources?

Just seemed a very strange thing to hone in on given a number of Posters have stated similiar over a period of time and not really that relevant to what was being discussed   - apart from the fact if there was a meeting the matters would have to have been kept confidential by the Club 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Agreed

I was thinking that as the board are not involved in the share sale why can’t they say something ?

because they cant influence any share Sale outcome - there duty is to there Shareholders - nor could they discuss it without advising all shareholders atb the same time ? 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

• admin locked this topic