New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

6 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think certainly with the Hibs takeover, talk had been ongoing for a while and the whole structure of their club isn’t going to change drastically .

All the talk about feeder clubs etc puts our club into a totally different perspective and that’s where it might be hard to attract players just now .

How do you know Hibs wont change ?   

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

How do you know Hibs wont change ?   

They will change as they are doing just now with the new owner employing more youth coaches , I think there will more of a change in the structure that we will adopt on and off the park and it’s that ambiguity which might put players off from joining us but it’s just my opinion.

42 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And where exactly has the feeder Club idea come from ?

My suspicion is that the feeder club idea comes from te fact that people are struggling to understand why a bunch of overseas billionaire investors would be interested in Thistle; and this is slightly more palatable than turning our ground into flats and walking away. 

8 minutes ago, allyo said:

My suspicion is that the feeder club idea comes from te fact that people are struggling to understand why a bunch of overseas billionaire investors would be interested in Thistle; and this is slightly more palatable than turning our ground into flats and walking away. 

Yes billionaire investors .... turn football ground into cheap flats and lose money 

not going to happen 

11 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I suppose if they bought the club for £1million then sold it for housing for £3 million then profit still made

Minus drainage costs, site preparation etc etc

if that was ever going to happen Jim Oliver would have done it 

Take me it for what you will .,..

.’....    and asked if we should speak to Jacqui Low and Duncan Smillie (Rocks owner)... was told she was only in currently because of the Weirs relationship which is thawing now and the books haven't been as clean as they should be... indeed Weirs were asking questions. Your new chairman has removed them. Forcefully. Will find out more but your takeover is advanced. ‘

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I suppose if they bought the club for £1million then sold it for housing for £3 million then profit still made

Matt - they would have to be pretty rubbish property developers if this is their primary aim and they buy the company under a deal where completion of their purchase is not conditional on:

1. A satisfactory planning consent;

2. Satisfactory environmental and ground conditions surveys;

3.  Satisfactory investigations having been made with the Roads department to ensure that the consented scheme has all necessary roads and access rights, at a reasonable cost;

4. Satisfactory discussions with Scottish Water to confirm that a water and drainage solution for the proposed scheme can be provided at a reasonable cost.

Very few developers would be willing to incur substantial professional fees (esp. on the Site surveys) for a property of this nature unless they first had the comfort of a conditional purchase contract, and any developer who was willing to take a punt to buy the club intending to redevelop the ground without first having obtained planning permission needs to urgently seek medical help, because they have serious delusions that are harmful to their bank balance.

Aside from that, if a developer wanted to buy a largish site in North Glasgow for housing, why not buy a vacant site? Why go to the trouble of buying a trading football club and then try to unpick it all?

Like many on here, I struggle to see the rationale behind an overseas investor wanting to buy a club such as this, but I don’t see it as a pure asset play, as I don’t see how that stacks up either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stolenscone said:

Matt - they would have to be pretty rubbish property developers if this is their primary aim and they buy the company under a deal where completion of their purchase is not conditional on:

1. A satisfactory planning consent;

2. Satisfactory environmental and ground conditions surveys;

3.  Satisfactory investigations having been made with the Roads department to ensure that the consented scheme has all necessary roads and access rights, at a reasonable cost;

4. Satisfactory discussions with Scottish Water to confirm that a water and drainage solution for the proposed scheme can be provided at a reasonable cost.

Very few developers would be willing to incur substantial professional fees (esp. on the Site surveys) for a property of this nature unless they first had the comfort of a conditional purchase contract, and any developer who was willing to take a punt to buy the club intending to redevelop the ground without first having obtained planning permission needs to urgently seek medical help, because they have serious delusions that are harmful to their bank balance.

Aside from that, if a developer wanted to buy a largish site in North Glasgow for housing, why not buy a vacant site? Why go to the trouble of buying a trading football club and then try to unpick it all?

Like many on here, I struggle to see the rationale behind an overseas investor wanting to buy a club such as this, but I don’t see it as a pure asset play, as I don’t see how that stacks up either.

If everyone just reads the jags trust statement of yesterday very carefully the rationale to buying us is there 

• admin locked this topic