New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

14 minutes ago, Ancipital said:

Forgive my ignorance, and the fact Sheriff Officers have turned up means we've done things by the book but I would have thought something like this would have been put through at an EGM?

It would be normal to require a shareholder resolution (at an AGM or an EGM) to remove a director from office, but most Articles of Association would also allow this to happen in certain named circumstances. I don’t propose to review the Articles to check what those might be, but they would be freely available to download from the Companies House beta website.

There are also statutory provisions which govern a person who is banned from being a company director if they have engaged in unfit conduct, if they have been fraudulently trading, etc. The Act provides further details on director disqualification.

I have no knowledge of the specific circumstances of this case.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

It would be normal to require a shareholder resolution (at an AGM or an EGM) to remove a director from office, but most Articles of Association would also allow this to happen in certain named circumstances. I don’t propose to review the Articles to check what those might be, but they would be freely available to download from the Companies House beta website.

There are also statutory provisions which govern a person who is banned from being a company director if they have engaged in unfit conduct, if they have been fraudulently trading, etc. The Act provides further details on director disqualification.

I have no knowledge of the specific circumstances of this case.

Not sure if we know all the circumstances but considering the relationship re Colin Weir and Jaqui Low surely this could have been handled better .

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure if we know all the circumstances but considering the relationship re Colin Weir and Jaqui Low surely this could have been handled better .

Personally, I don’t know ANY of the circumstances, and I have tried to avoid judging on either side of this. It is clear, however, that something significant is going on behind the scenes, and that there are (at least) two deeply contrasting views about how the club should be managed/ the direction of travel.

3 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

Personally, I don’t know ANY of the circumstances, and I have tried to avoid judging on either side of this. It is clear, however, that something significant is going on behind the scenes, and that there are (at least) two deeply contrasting views about how the club should be managed/ the direction of travel.

Big gamble in my opinion , putting all your eggs in the one basket , I still remember how the Propco deal was put to supporters with messrs Beattie, Dodd , Allan , the plan was they were going to redevelop the stadium, make it more community based etc

They did absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

I wonder if she expected it or was it totally out the blue? One could argue it's a pretty harsh way to dismiss someone.....

I'm positive she's done it to others so don't waste your sympathy dl

4 hours ago, sandbank boy said:

I agree with most of your post but generally, players tend to sign for the club which writes the most zeros on the cheque.

You need to have someone at the club with the authority to agree a contract and authorise payment, if the CEO is not there, then who?

But this is all speculative … only P&B say Gerry has left, I have not seen any confirmation of that to date.

7 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

You need to have someone at the club with the authority to agree a contract and authorise payment, if the CEO is not there, then who?

But this is all speculative … only P&B say Gerry has left, I have not seen any confirmation of that to date.

Apparently GB has been replaced as company secretary, which was probably only temporary anyway as you have to have someone named. GC, in his jagzone interview, said that Gerry is busy trying to get a few further signings, talking to agents and players.

Given the new board were concerned about the direction of the club I wonder if we will see them make changes to some of the decisions that were taken in recent months: away supports in JH Stand, change to U16s go free scheme and the changes to the Ambassadors package? Surely if you were so concerned that you felt the need to take the action taken you would not just go along with what your predecessors put in place?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I would wager that Kris Doolan had a thought of, 'what goes around , comes around' when he heard of Ms Low's bagging?

And the other saying “2 wrongs don’t make a right”? The previous board were rightly criticised for the way Doolans exit was handled,?its a little bit hypocritical if people hope the new board treat people the same way.

thankfully I don’t think David Beattie will behave that way

41 minutes ago, scotty said:

Apparently GB has been replaced as company secretary, which was probably only temporary anyway as you have to have someone named. GC, in his jagzone interview, said that Gerry is busy trying to get a few further signings, talking to agents and players.

I would hope that Gerry has been doing this all summer to be fair 

2 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I would wager that Kris Doolan had a thought of, 'what goes around , comes around' when he heard of Ms Low's bagging?

And I don't think he is alone. I also suspect a few others still at the club will be delighted to see the back of them. History will record their tenure an abject failure, rightly so. I had decided to have a fresh start for all concerned in my head, this season, but am delighted with the changes.

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

And the other saying “2 wrongs don’t make a right”? The previous board were rightly criticised for the way Doolans exit was handled,?its a little bit hypocritical if people hope the new board treat people the same way.

thankfully I don’t think David Beattie will behave that way

Sometimes two wrongs do make it much better Third. Karmas a bitch

3 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

At this point of time, on the eve of a new season, it's looking clearer to me that the bigger crime was not in the way the Club handled Doolan's departure more in the fact he was released in the first place. Previously I was in the fair decision badly handled camp.

Maybe others feel his season as a youth team coach was worthless, no more than a sinecure. Myself, I don't only differ re that view but also feel we've lost not just a  role model but also lost a fair chunk of the spirit of the Club. I realise I should be waiting until Aug 31st to air my views but gut feeling is telling me logic outweighs sentiment. Time will maybe tell.

• Like 4

All of these shenanigans make me mightily glad I held off buying a season ticket. Think I'll give it miss for the foreseeable, until I'm fully convinced my team ain't about to be flushed down the pan. Just as I was buying into the whole GC spin aswell. Looks like we have the makings of another monumental PTFC shambles on the cards. Canny wait to see Thistle fielding a team of uninterested French under 17's, Barnsley reserves and players picked by our sporting director on behalf of our unknown continental head coach. 

Edited by The Legend Blows
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

As opposed to uninterested 40-year-old ex-Rangers players picking up one final wage and Murray Park/Lennoxtown youth players needing some exercise.

That would only be for 1 season. The Change of Ownership has the potential to change the entire philosophy for the foreseeable future, while the ongoing negotiations are a distraction from building a team for this season.

2 hours ago, West of Scotland said:

As opposed to uninterested 40-year-old ex-Rangers players picking up one final wage and Murray Park/Lennoxtown youth players needing some exercise.

Where’s your evidence that miller is not interested given that a competitive ball has not been kicked? 

8 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

At this point of time, on the eve of a new season, it's looking clearer to me that the bigger crime was not in the way the Club handled Doolan's departure more in the fact he was released in the first place. Previously I was in the fair decision badly handled camp.

Maybe others feel his season as a youth team coach was worthless, no more than a sinecure. Myself, I don't only differ re that view but also feel we've lost not just a  role model but also lost a fair chunk of the spirit of the Club. I realise I should be waiting until Aug 31st to air my views but gut feeling is telling me logic outweighs sentiment. Time will maybe tell.

Can’t agree about Doolan I’m afraid- kris was stagnating here unfortunately- a fresh start at Ayr is probably a good move for him. 6 goals in 30 games and getting caught numerous times is not going to help us go on a serious challenge at promotion.

• Like 1

Jesus. Here we go. 

Perspective anyone?

The previous board are completely incompetent (possibly criminally so), the current manager is the worst on the planet, the players we have signed are uninterested, the ones we will sign are crap and the club is about to be bought by asset strippers who'll bring it all to an end. (Which might actually be a relief.)

Can we all take a breath and remember that if Gerry Brittain appears at the doors of Firhill next week to tell us we've signed [insert name of preferred player] we'll all go back to thinking we'll win the league.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Can’t agree about Doolan I’m afraid- kris was stagnating here unfortunately- a fresh start at Ayr is probably a good move for him. 6 goals in 30 games and getting caught numerous times is not going to help us go on a serious challenge at promotion.

Not even a remote chance of promotion IMO, you might be right about Kris Doolan , but there was only 6 players in our League who scored double figures last season, doesn’t seem to be any contingency plan , if you’re going to let a player of Dools ability go , you should have your targets and be 99% sure you’re going to get them  before you make that decision.

Edited by jlsarmy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It was a bad mistake for sure, made worse by the attitude of GB and by extension Ms Low in explaining away [or at least trying to] the way the situation was handled. For someone who had the job title of 'communications officer' for the Scottish Office, she failed miserably in applying her skills at PTFC.

GC's error was simply that he could see no place within PTFC for someone who had played poorly in a team that was playing poorly as a group  …. Surely with all the football algorithms, spread sheets, pie charts and training manuals there must be a chapter on strikers needing confidence  to play well and score goals? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Where’s your evidence that miller is not interested given that a competitive ball has not been kicked? 

Similarly there is no evidence that French teenagers and Barnsley reserves wouldn’t be interested either. It is more likely to be the opposite if they are trying to progress in their careers.

• admin locked this topic