New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

They would not know anything till all the paperwork is completed and it went through at companies house.

Ive worked for companies before who have been bought out and none of the employees (Or GM etc) knew anything till it was announced in the local paper an hour before we were.

Fair comment 

• Haha 1

Just now, Norgethistle said:

They would not know anything till all the paperwork is completed and it went through at companies house.

Ive worked for companies before who have been bought out and none of the employees (Or GM etc) knew anything till it was announced in the local paper an hour before we were.

Given that hundreds of people appear to know about it on social media and been widely read. I’m sure it would likely have been discussed at some point in the club

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Jog on ... 

Nice response Mr Transparency. 

I see it's being claimed that David Beattie was instrumental in introducing Mr Lee to Thistle. A claim being made by members of your own wee clique. And we're supposed to believe that you don't know anything about it. Okay...

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Players, office staff and even (in our case) the board are only employees of the company. They don’t own it or control it they merely work for it or run it for the owners (shareholders)

Correct and getting shareholders over the line doesn’t have to involve them 

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Given that hundreds of people appear to know about it on social media and been widely read. I’m sure it would likely have been discussed at some point in the club

I think the board (at least some of them) are on holiday. 

It may be discussed but the club (Board) can’t shed any light on it as they may be the last to know not being shareholders 

7 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Nice response Mr Transparency. 

I see it's being claimed that David Beattie was instrumental in introducing Mr Lee to Thistle. A claim being made by members of your own wee clique. And we're supposed to believe that you don't know anything about it. Okay...

I dont know anymore about it than any other Fan who has commented - thats a simple fact - there will be lots and lots of discussions-  and rumours by various fans  no doubt all repeatimg the same thing  - again thats a simple fact - as to my "clique" really ?  how do you know who I speak to-  or dont speak to -  or are you simply making assumptions - so as I said before - Jog On   

So if the Club want to kill the "Rumour" a simple tweet does that ? 

This is almost as bizarre as a small, fat, blonde man with hunners of birds, 11 children to various partners, racist, bigoted a person becoming Prime Minister of a large successful country like the UK..................

15 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

But the Trust is, and it hasn't been approached.

Unless they were approached to sell they also would be in the dark, but going on past performance of the Trust’s communications even if they had been approached we wouldn’t be informed till the next scheduled update in April

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

This sounds like a load of complete and utter pish.

Your most probably correct - but the most bizarre bit is that the Rumour could have been killed off very early by the Club before it grew arms and legs - anyway apart from Bojo about to take the Country back to the Stone Age theres not much else going on  

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Unless they were approached to sell they also would be in the dark, but going on past performance of the Trust’s communications even if they had been approached we wouldn’t be informed till the next scheduled update in April

Correct I’m a shareholder and I’ve heard nothing 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Correct I’m a shareholder and I’ve heard nothing 

If what folk are saying is true, then the maths behind it mean once taking the McMaster and other families that had 6% each and one or two other institutions they would have gotten 52% without either approaching the two Trust’s the Weirs or the fans with minimal shareholding’s. 

Apologies if you have 10% but if you have why didn’t you buy us a Striker

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

If what folk are saying is true, then the maths behind it mean once taking the McMaster and other families that had 6% each and one or two other institutions they would have gotten 52% without either approaching the two Trust’s the Weirs or the fans with minimal shareholding’s. 

Apologies if you have 10% but if you have why didn’t you buy us a Striker

More like 0.000001% !!

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Honestly have a complete and utter shiteing words with yourselves.

The idea that you could co-ordinate that many shareholders at the club to agree to something this big without at least one shareholder calling bullshit and going public is faintly absurd.

The rumor may have started from one of them, or it’s just a rumor 

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The idea that you could co-ordinate that many shareholders at the club to agree to something this big without at least one shareholder calling bullshit and going public is faintly absurd.

You may well be right but many takeovers are kept very quiet 

Firhill and its big whigs leak like a ******* colander, and we’re expected to believe some random foreign businessman has convinced something like 10 significant shareholders to sell half a football ground in Maryhill to him and all we have for it is a half rumour on Facebook with absolutely no back story, explanation or backlash or resistance or holding out by said shareholders?

Use your ******* brains. This is bollocks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

you are talking 9 former Directors ( or there families ) all with a vested interest in this going through - why would they go public - thats not that many people ?  

And your probs right - but the Club can kill this with a single Tweet ?  

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Firhill and its big whigs leak like a ******* colander, and we’re expected to believe some random foreign businessman has convinced something like 10 significant shareholders to sell half a football ground in Maryhill to him and all we have for it is a half rumour on Facebook with absolutely no back story, explanation or backlash or resistance or holding out by said shareholders?

There is no reason for the Shareholders to hold out ? they all get cash that they thought was gone ?  And sell to someone who will invest in the Club  

3 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Sure but sometimes 10 people can keep a secret particularly if there’s money involved 

• admin locked this topic