Jump to content

Jag

New Owner

douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

 

 

 

 

 

Message added by douglas clark

Recommended Posts

Just now, javeajag said:

I mean this honestly .....that is not what they said and you omitted the takeover 

Takeover is ongoing and is with the SFA - and I agree that should have come direct from the Club - but its already out there as News 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Takeover is ongoing and is with the SFA - and I agree that should have come direct from the Club - but its already out there as News 

Ok their statement didn’t mention Colin weir you did , they didn’t mention the training ground you did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Yes - we have one EX Board saying one thing - current Board saying something else - what can I say ?   

Do you think the board will issue a statement on Colin weir and if they do will it go beyond the platitudinous thanks ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Were we paying anything towards the academy ? Was that not being funded by Colin Weir ?

It was all funded by Colin Weir 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, javeajag said:

Do you think the board will issue a statement on Colin weir and if they do will it go beyond the platitudinous thanks ? 

I think it will be a thanks - nothing much to add - its his decision 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

We would have to pay a Commercial Rent - HMRC would ensure we did ?  Three Black Cats is a Limited Company they could deliberately  run at a loss- and we would have a benefit in kind liability  - never been convinced on the Training Ground to be honest 

We know you don’t like training facilities but use them all the time.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I think it will be a thanks - nothing much to add - its his decision 

I agree but should they say what’s going to happen to the academy ? Or explain why he wasn’t convinced by the takeover ? Or anything ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, javeajag said:

We know you don’t like training facilities but use them all the time.....

Yes - have done all my Life - Laura Muir uses the Facilities in Garscube - they are excellent - its what you do on the Training Facility - not who owns them thats important 

Lachie Stewart used to use the Old Red Blaze Track  at Westerlands  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I agree but should they say what’s going to happen to the academy ? Or explain why he wasn’t convinced by the takeover ? Or anything ? 

Not sure they will know at this juncture - No idea of the legalities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Training Ground - there had been no movement for Months so it wasnt New  

Beattie told the Trust it was a "work in progress", though. Was he lying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My other half just got home from work and he works near Firhill said at 2 this afternoon there was a camera team outside the ground.. Dunno if anyone has seen any tv interviews with club folks about this today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dark Passenger said:

Beattie told the Trust it was a "work in progress", though. Was he lying?

Work in progress could easily mean that he was trying to talk CW into hanging around. I don't think this is about lies, it's about which version of the truth you decide to present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dark Passenger said:

Beattie told the Trust it was a "work in progress", though. Was he lying?

I dont think so - he was just in the door - very little had moved on it since Kirkie ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From memory the 'Save the Jags' season started because the propose takeover by the steadmans fell through and we had nowhere else to go. It would be useful to know that there is  backup plan should the proposed takeover fail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I dont think so - he was just in the door - very little had moved on it since Kirkie ?  

Eh ! He told the jags trust on 30 JULY it was work in progress , 5 days later oops it’s cancelled today is 6 August 

Edited by javeajag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, laukat said:

From memory the 'Save the Jags' season started because the propose takeover by the steadmans fell through and we had nowhere else to go. It would be useful to know that there is  backup plan should the proposed takeover fail.

Good Shout - the statement today confirms there is a Budget in place that takes us through the Season ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, javeajag said:

Eh ! He told the jags trust on 30 JULY it was work in progress , 5 days later oops it’s cancelled 

At the time Colin Weir was still on Board ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Good Shout - the statement today confirms there is a Budget in place that takes us through the Season ? 

There always was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×