New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

8 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Good Shout - the statement today confirms there is a Budget in place that takes us through the Season

The statement today says there is budget for the season but doesn't say if thats based on the takeover happening or not.

When the new board came in they stated the reason was they were not happy with the direction the club was going in. Are you happy at the moment with our current direction? The Jags Trust in their statement at that time stated they felt the change would provide optimism - how optimistic do you feel at the moment?

For me the answer to both questions in no.

Also, the vast majority of posts I see on here seem to think that it just a matter of time until the SFA give approval and the takeover takes place. What happens if they don't give approval? Would that leave us being run by a board who don't actually want to be there? Not a good prospect.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Complete nonsense - to date we have had a Press Article - most of which has been answered in 24 Hours - people may disagree with the answers  but its been answered - we have no idea regards the discussions with Colin Weir - I seen nothing in the past Season that indicated we were going anywhere - so Im fully supportive of the takeover - they have New Ideas -Fresh Approach - very analytical all things I can relate to in Sport -  as for the Shareholders selling - good luck to them  - they put in hard earned cash - so what there getting it back ?  

"most of which has been answered?????? Buses and transfer kitty?. That's just piffle, you're using that as smoke screen. The real issue is the take over to which they are saying nothing. 

Do you have to own shares to count?

If you've no shares does your opinion mean nothing and cos you have shares you should be unaccountable? Utter tosh from you once again. Agenda driven posts.

One thing I do agree with is the share holders put their money where their mouths were and helped save the club. They are due their money back and if they make a profit, fair enough. Best wishes to them and thanks for their efforts.

What you are failing grasp  or choosing to forget, they are in a privileged position, due to their hard work they accumulated wealth and managed to be able to afford their shares in a club they love. I'd love to have the spare finance to do the same. But that doesn't allow them to dismiss people like me and treat people like me as idiots. Their integrity and reputation will count for nothing if they cash in at the expense of the future of our club. Perhaps that doesn't matter to people like you or them. We are the lifeblood of this club. Without the fans you can shut the doors, but you seem to be suggesting we are getting above ourselves and should just accept our lot and doff our caps. No chance.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Were we paying anything towards the academy ? Was that not being funded by Colin Weir ?

I believe it was and has been reported in the media that a portion of any transfer money involving players who came through the academy, would go to the academy and the remainer for player funding.

1 hour ago, dougie247 said:

My other half just got home from work and he works near Firhill said at 2 this afternoon there was a camera team outside the ground.. Dunno if anyone has seen any tv interviews with club folks about this today.

Only seen STV news just statements from the board and Colin weir read out. Only interview was with Gerry Collins but not at Firhill.

Nonsense - odds are he wasnt fully up to speed on it 

Poor attempt once again to deflect. A liar never admits their lies. Deny,  deny again, and lie some more. Pathetic

23 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

When the new board came in they stated the reason was they were not happy with the direction the club was going in. Are you happy at the moment with our current direction? The Jags Trust in their statement at that time stated they felt the change would provide optimism - how optimistic do you feel at the moment?

Also, the vast majority of posts I see on here seem to think that it just a matter of time until the SFA give approval and the takeover takes place. What happens if they don't give approval? Would that leave us being run by a board who don't actually want to be there? Not a good prospect.

You're right but we are talking about a body who thought it was a good idea to allow a war criminal run Dundee and a fraudster of international proportions take over rangers. ..........don't hold your breath Fawlty

The last two years have been a disaster both on and off the park. Now the promised training ground has been canned. We went from securing the future of our club for decades with a great infrastructure to potentially losing the academy. The board have alienated our saviour and nobody knows what's in store. We have sleep walked into mismanagement and with only one game into the season plans are in disarray. Its an absolute disgrace and a shambles. As much as I wasn't  a big fan of Low, I can't help but feel she has been thrown under the bus to make Beattie look like this knight in shining armour. He is culpable for us being where we are

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Complete nonsense - to date we have had a Press Article - most of which has been answered in 24 Hours - people may disagree with the answers  but its been answered - we have no idea regards the discussions with Colin Weir - I seen nothing in the past Season that indicated we were going anywhere - so Im fully supportive of the takeover - they have New Ideas -Fresh Approach - very analytical all things I can relate to in Sport -  as for the Shareholders selling - good luck to them  - they put in hard earned cash - so what there getting it back ?  

We may not have been going anywhere, but I’d have been confident that PTFC would still be existing in 5 years time. We may still be where we are and we may well have watched some dross, but Iwould be confident of a long term future.

The alternative that you offer may be more exciting, IF it works, but at what cost if it doesn’t.

I don’t have any inside knowledge, but it would only be human nature if the current custodians were looking at their own financial gain rather than securing the long term future of PTFC

6 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

The last two years have been a disaster both on and off the park. Now the promised training ground has been canned. We went from securing the future of our club for decades with a great infrastructure to potentially losing the academy. The board have alienated our saviour and nobody knows what's in store. We have sleep walked into mismanagement and with only one game into the season plans are in disarray. Its an absolute disgrace and a shambles. As much as I wasn't  a big fan of Low, I can't help but feel she has been thrown under the bus to make Beattie look like this knight in shining armour. He is culpable for us being where we are

Ran out of likes

Yes - have done all my Life - Laura Muir uses the Facilities in Garscube - they are excellent - its what you do on the Training Facility - not who owns them thats important 

Lachie Stewart used to use the Old Red Blaze Track  at Westerlands  

JJ , I’ve agreed with you over lots of topics over a long period of time but you’ve worked in athletics and know preparation is key to how a professional athlete performs , please tell me I’ve got this wrong but seeing 6 ft Ryan Williamson squeeze into Penrice’s Corsa with Joe Cardle is an absolute nonsense, they’re meant to peak on a Saturday afternoon after their hard work during the week , how can they possibly prepare properly under these circumstances.

We’re meant to be a professional football club not a ramshackle amateur club.

2 hours ago, allyo said:

Do we not pretty much all agree that the club is being primed for selling, that this is fairly standard business practice, that the shareholders have every right to do this, and the primary concern is that we know very little about the intentions of the prospective new owners?

And that Colin Weir's decision is very unfortunate, but pretty inevitable if we're going to be owned by billionaires.

Isn’t there a real danger here. That we have curtailed our operations in the hope that the proposed new owner will conclude the deal, meanwhile forcing our current benefactor to sever ties with us

Havent the board members heard of the saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ?

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

And having pissed off a valuable benefactor

• admin locked this topic