Jump to content

Jag

New Owner

douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

 

 

 

 

 

Message added by douglas clark

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Another question you would ask , why would you think taking Colin Weirs representative ( Jaqui Low ) off the Board in the way you did not affect future funding from your benefactor ?

Sure very badly handled all ways round and not rocket science to do better.....doesn’t fill you with confidence on selling the club if they can’t manage this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

JJ , I’ve agreed with you over lots of topics over a long period of time but you’ve worked in athletics and know preparation is key to how a professional athlete performs , please tell me I’ve got this wrong but seeing 6 ft Ryan Williamson squeeze into Penrice’s Corsa with Joe Cardle is an absolute nonsense, they’re meant to peak on a Saturday afternoon after their hard work during the week , how can they possibly prepare properly under these circumstances.

We’re meant to be a professional football club not a ramshackle amateur club.

 

 

Ive had the honour to train with couple of World Class Athletes -  they went to Races in a Car - to this day pretty much every Athlete I know lot of them Internationalists - travel to Races in a Car and in some cases Public Transport - we are talking TWO Stadiums 30 minutes away from Firhill - thats the extent of Busgate - its a non story 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

How is it a Comms Gaff - they responded to the Colin Weir statement what else do you want them to say about him withdrawing funding ?   

Maybe ...

who first spoke to him and when about the takeover 

what his reaction was 

Why he doesn’t think the new plans are substantive 

and lots more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Maybe ...

who first spoke to him and when about the takeover 

what his reaction was 

Why he doesn’t think the new plans are substantive 

and lots more 

Ok first you assume there was no attempt at Contact early on - you dont know there wasn't - nor do we know if there was a face to face meeting -nor do we know how the plans were communicated to him or what channel they were communicated - so your making a whole load of leaps without knowning what happened 

David Beattie was off the Board for over a Year Comms Channels change so we dont know if he had the means of direct communication with Colin Weir ? 

 

 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to my thought:

We happily took Colin Weirs money to get the club on a sound footing and he helped clear the debt.

The shareholders are approached to sell their shares as the club is in a healthy state and take the chance to cash out.

Colin obviously a bit annoyed his investment is being used to sell the club withdraws his support.

 

It really seems like the shareholders are looking to get their money back out of the club and Mr Weir clearing the debt enabled them to do so. To me it really does seem like a crappy way for the shareholders to act though i do understand that they are getting on and want a way out of the club. Maybe when Mr Weir helped clear the debt he should of put some more provisos on his involvement and perhaps have taken a more active role in the club.

 

anyway not good all round, at this stage i dread to think what will happen if the Takeover falls through.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dougie247 said:

So to my thought:

We happily took Colin Weirs money to get the club on a sound footing and he helped clear the debt.

The shareholders are approached to sell their shares as the club is in a healthy state and take the chance to cash out.

Colin obviously a bit annoyed his investment is being used to sell the club withdraws his support.

 

It really seems like the shareholders are looking to get their money back out of the club and Mr Weir clearing the debt enabled them to do so. To me it really does seem like a crappy way for the shareholders to act though i do understand that they are getting on and want a way out of the club. Maybe when Mr Weir helped clear the debt he should of put some more provisos on his involvement and perhaps have taken a more active role in the club.

 

anyway not good all round, at this stage i dread to think what will happen if the Takeover falls through.

For the record - the debt was a few hundred thousand  - it was being paid down - we traded at a Healthy Profit the previous two Season before  Colin Weir got involved - our Finances were already healthy - yes we are grateful for what he did -but we would have survived without it   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ive had the honour to train with couple of World Class Athletes -  they went to Races in a Car - to this day pretty much every Athlete I know lot of them Internationalists - travel to Races in a Car and in some cases Public Transport - we are talking TWO Stadiums 30 minutes away from Firhill - thats the extent of Busgate - its a non story 

Ok , maybe James Penrice will need to get a bigger car , what happened to the pre match meal etc , teams in the Lowland League ( Caledonia Braves ) are preparing better than us .

We really are a Club of contrasts , take the team to La Manga for pre season training and then tell them to get a bus to play for us on a Saturday 

You couldn’t make it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok first you assume there was no attempt at Contact early on - you dont know there wasn't - nor do we know if there was a face to face meeting -nor do we know how the plans were communicated to him or what channel they were communicated - so your making a whole load of leaps without knowning what happened 

David Beattie was off the Board for over a Year Comms Channels change so we dont know if he had the means of direct communication with Colin Weir ? 

 

 

I was raising points they could address but didn’t precisely because I don’t know as you outlined  so you misinterpreted me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok first you assume there was no attempt at Contact early on - you dont know there wasn't - nor do we know if there was a face to face meeting -nor do we know how the plans were communicated to him or what channel they were communicated - so your making a whole load of leaps without knowning what happened 

David Beattie was off the Board for over a Year Comms Channels change so we dont know if he had the means of direct communication with Colin Weir ? 

 

 

David Beattie has actually came out in the media to say there had been no contact with Colin Weir 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, javeajag said:

I was raising points they could address but didn’t precisely because I don’t know as you outlined  so you misinterpreted me

My point is - they could only be addressed if they had direct face to face contact early on with Colin Weir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

My point is - they could only be addressed if they had direct face to face contact early on with Colin Weir

Sure so tell us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

David Beattie has actually came out in the media to say there had been no contact with Colin Weir 

Ok - but that doesnt mean they didnt try to make contact and were blocked ?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok - but that doesnt mean they didnt try to make contact and were blocked ?   

Agreed so tell us if they tried to make contact and if not why not etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Believe that was covered and  subsequently covered again - lest we forget the statement on not chasing promotion was from a "Firhill Insider" - that could be someone who works in the Pie Stalls ?  

Could that have not been the case with the mole as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

How is it a Comms Gaff - they responded to the Colin Weir statement what else do you want them to say about him withdrawing funding ?  

They need to move the agenda forward. By all means respond to the Colin Wier statement but add a bit that either lets us know the timescales on the takeover or make a hint at a signing some thing that provides an indication of the way forward rather than fire fighting press releases.

The current statement just leaves everything hanging with a greater suspicion that the youth setup and the womens setup will be downsized which plays into a greater suspicion that we have financial problems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the bus gate. I landed back into Dyce this morning and saw the Aberdeen team bus arriving at the airport. Club crest on the side of it the lot. They might well go on to get pumped but it did look very professional all the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will not get a blow by blow account of every conversation that has been had. As others have said lets hope that this deal does go thru as if it does not who will want to own us. Lets just hope when it is all settled that it is the best thing for our club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Ok , maybe James Penrice will need to get a bigger car , what happened to the pre match meal etc , teams in the Lowland League ( Caledonia Braves ) are preparing better than us .

We really are a Club of contrasts , take the team to La Manga for pre season training and then tell them to get a bus to play for us on a Saturday 

You couldn’t make it up

Could have been worse. We could have taken a plane to Alloa and asked the players to make their own way to La Manga. 

The bus thing is a non-event. 

There is no need for a team bus for games that are relatively close by. 

It will suit the majority of players. Why ask them to travel, say, 40 minutes to Firhill to get the bus and then travel another 45 minutes or so to the game? Better they make their own way and don't have the bother of going back to Firhill afterwards to get their car? 

If it saves a few quid into the bargain so much the better. 

There's so much more to worry to get bogged down with the bus story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Agreed so tell us if they tried to make contact and if not why not etc 

Lets put it this way - whatever people think of the decision the change in Board it  was  done very effectively - all legal all above Board - now given that level of planning - I would be amazed if they hadnt attempted to contact Colin Weir - David Beattie said it was No1 on his priority list - yet confirms No Contact was made - so whilst you may not Trust David Beattie-  it seems highly unlikely in my opinion-  that extensive efforts were not made to contact Colin Weir either Pre or Post change of the Board     

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t keep up with all this but any thought on why colin weir did not buy (or be gifted) shares in the club? It seems that he did not want to be involved in day to day running, but jacqui appointed to do that. She would not have been ousted if he had more power/shares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin said:

It will suit the majority of players. Why ask them to travel, say, 40 minutes to Firhill to get the bus and then travel another 45 minutes or so to the game? Better they make their own way and don't have the bother of going back to Firhill afterwards to get their car? 

That's more or less what I was saying yesterday. However neither your logic nor mine can explain no bus to Greenock. That would be a convenience to the majority of the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might seem slightly off topic, but why haven't we signed someone?

If the manager's transfer budget is still intact, where's the signings required to complete the squad?

Last week we were linked with Ben Hall, yet nothing more has transpired on that front. Caldwell and the chairman have both said we're looking to make three or four more signings. Where are they?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Firhillista said:

This might seem slightly off topic, but why haven't we signed someone?

If the manager's transfer budget is still intact, where's the signings required to complete the squad?

Last week we were linked with Ben Hall, yet nothing more has transpired on that front. Caldwell and the chairman have both said we're looking to make three or four more signings. Where are they?

What player would move to us just now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Firhillista said:

This might seem slightly off topic, but why haven't we signed someone?

If the manager's transfer budget is still intact, where's the signings required to complete the squad?

Last week we were linked with Ben Hall, yet nothing more has transpired on that front. Caldwell and the chairman have both said we're looking to make three or four more signings. Where are they?

Presumably they have not found the right players to sign. I don't want the club to just sign someone just to prove that they can 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

For the record - the debt was a few hundred thousand  - it was being paid down - we traded at a Healthy Profit the previous two Season before  Colin Weir got involved - our Finances were already healthy - yes we are grateful for what he did -but we would have survived without it   

But...the club has today called the impact of his contribution "transformational". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×