New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

What bit when he said that the budget was running at a significant deficit isn’t clear ?

I think you are just trying to make stuff up.

Ok get pedantic... he did not say the budget of the club was running a deficit he said the player budget which is not the same thing nor did it make it clear what this meant exactly 

and in a practical level explain how we could run a huge loss on our current squad it’s s joke 

8 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

With the limited information available to me which is very little I call it high risk. That's my point which you keep missing. Because your friends are being so secretive towards us common fans, we have little to go on. What little we have means there has to be risk as to what the proposed new owners propose to do with the club and once or if they see what they have bought, there is little worth after the purchase, what will they do with us. We know way too little to make any informed decisions ergo, high risk.

Whether it is low risk, medium risk or high risk, it is still risk.

Ok so we still dont know the Plans of the New Owners - as yet they dont own the Club  - beyond that as far as Im concerened most questions have been answered - you may not like the answers - but issues have been responded to within 24 Hours - we as yet dont know any risk 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

The old Board were paying 4 managers and sanctioned a loosening of purse strings in January to support GC’s promotion target. Attendances then fell.

Ergo, when the accounts for 2018/19 are published, they will show we were living beyond our means; with Colin Weir as our only possible saviour to help with core expenditure (eg, buses).

The Old Board lived beyond their means IMHO. The New Board have simply opened  the curtains and let some light in.

Attendances has fallen long before January. They were falling under the previous manager 

As usual everything goes back to GC with you. A large part of the money was used to pay off the previous managers duds.  The ex chairman admitted there was no chance of a promotion bid.

back to spreading poison and telling lies again on your year off I see

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, allyo said:

Have to say that for me, as a fan, the complete lack of a visible plan is far more risky than what, under the previous board, seemed like business as usual (certainly by comparison).

Maybe there is a credible plan. Maybe the current board understands it in detail, and trusts that it will be carried out. But as fans we have no evidence of this. All we have is a very uneasy feeling that the shareholders have an opportunity to make a quick return, and the knowledge that in any business this is a tempting prospect.

It leaves us in an uninformed and shaky place. Surely you are able to understand this.

I accept with lack of information no one can judge the risk - however Business as usual seemed to be based on a Budget - New Board seem to disagree with that Budget - so nothing is without risk in Football - even the supposed status quo  

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Months ? Has he not just been chairman again for a matter of weeks ?

And it isn’t a better question. Ask Colin Weir why he didn’t contact Chien

You really are....

he was speaking to the new owners months ago as a shareholder which is why he became chairman again 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We had a decent Youth Set up that produced Banzo pre Colin Weir - We had a Scouting System that Produced ATS Pre Colin Weir 

Liam didnt come up through Thistle Weir System - Scott Mckenzie was a major influence    

That is truly garbage if you don’t think the current academy is light years ahead of that ... maybe we should play on ash pitches as well 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

The old Board were paying 4 managers and sanctioned a loosening of purse strings in January to support GC’s promotion target. Attendances then fell.

Ergo, when the accounts for 2018/19 are published, they will show we were living beyond our means; with Colin Weir as our only possible saviour to help with core expenditure (eg, buses).

The Old Board lived beyond their means IMHO. The New Board have simply opened  the curtains and let some light in.

Ok ... if that’s true please provide the figures ... oh you can’t ? So stop making stuff up 

6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I accept with lack of information no one can judge the risk - however Business as usual seemed to be based on a Budget - New Board seem to disagree with that Budget - so nothing is without risk in Football - even the supposed status quo  

Yeah cause the budget reduced the sale price 

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok get pedantic... he did not say the budget of the club was running a deficit he said the player budget which is not the same thing nor did it make it clear what this meant exactly 

and in a practical level explain how we could run a huge loss on our current squad it’s s joke 

I think you should go and read it again. The player budget is the largest cost. If it is in deficit, the chances are the whole budget is in deficit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

He may well be being shafted, but that can only be because he didn’t protect his investments properly in the 1st place. As I said previously, I don’t think he was given good advice.

Jesus venture capitalists unite 

42 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Absolutely right what you said re Archie and David Beattie was culpable for not changing the management team at that time 

Everything at that time was the “ old pals “ act 

Archie , Shaggy , David Beattie , Maxie and Gerry Britton 

Even jj admits Beattie is responsible for not cutting budgets at that time 

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok so we still dont know the Plans of the New Owners - as yet they dont own the Club  - beyond that as far as Im concerened most questions have been answered - you may not like the answers - but issues have been responded to within 24 Hours - we as yet dont know any risk 

Don’t worry it’s transformational 

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think you should go and read it again. The player budget is the largest cost. If it is in deficit, the chances are the whole budget is in deficit.

But only 60% of total budget max.... explain how you overspend massively on our squad ... laughable 

31 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

In the same way that if I jump blindly into a dark hole I don't know any risk?

37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You really are....

he was speaking to the new owners months ago as a shareholder which is why he became chairman again 

I really am what ?

Beattie was one of the shareholders. What about the others ?

And again I ask - why didn’t Colin Weir speak to Chien ?

Was listening to TalkSport drive on way home tonight and interesting wee comment from Barnsley supporter Darren Gough. He must've said previously that Barnsley need investment. He was questioned as to why, as they are owned by Billionaires. His response was that they spend nothing and are only interested in making money. Adrian Durham was also taking the piss that Oakwell was falling apart and in poor condition. Roll on the takeover. Always wanted to be a plaything & nursery feeder club for a bunch of disinterested foreign owners.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

In the absence of any firm evidence either way - the norm is dont jump to conclusions - its up to David Beattie to advise if he attempted to make contact - or if he approached the then  Board  to attempt to set up a meeting with Colin Weir ? 

Your not doing yourself any good here .....in his statement when he became chairman Beattie said he would immediately reach out to Colin weir so not an un reasonable conclusion to reach he had not spoken to him before then ....why not ? ....he then says nothing till weir issues a statement which is very poor 

and let’s see...l do you think Beattie has an email for Colin weir ? So in April let’s send Colin an email saying ...hi Colin ....look we have been approached by these guys who want to buy the club let’s have a chat ....David ....didn’t happen 

• admin locked this topic