New Owner

Jag

Message added by douglas clark

'Tis not the job of a moderator to stop people writing here. The rules are pretty simple:

reported ad hominem attacks will be investigated (and if found to be true) or write stuff that could get the site into trouble

and you'll either be warned / your post deleted, or - worst case scenario -  banned either temporarily or permanently.

This particular thread has had a vigorous exchange of views, and perhaps more heat than light. But the quality of the debate - it seems to me at least - is down to the lack of information.  That, in and of itself, means that whatever side you happen to be on is for a fan, very frustrating.

So, I have no intention of closing threads just because the quality of the postings isn't great. That is not the role of a moderator.

If you wake up the following morning you can always delete something you wish you'd never said.

15 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

With all due respect thats for them to answer - I dont know anymore about the New Owners than anyone else _ I just like the fact they have a Plan and its changing the mould of Scottish Football - we are slowly dying - trundling along - we need change 

Eh.....so you know the plan beyond buy it and sell it later at a profit ? That’s not a plan it might possibly be a strategic goal .....it’s the plan we need to see

and my questions are for both parties to answer if they want fans on board 

47 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I fully accept that - there motivation is to buy it then sell it - at least that bit is clear - agree /disagree but its clear - its a Business arrangement  - fair enough - but for a Group of random individuals - a number of whom support other Scottish Clubs running the Club - sorry just dont get that on any level - I agree Beattie et Al are passing through  - but Im still far more comfortable with both them and the Future Owners than I was with the last lot    

The last lot were appointed by the previous lot 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Eh.....so you know the plan beyond buy it and sell it later at a profit ? That’s not a plan it might possibly be a strategic goal .....it’s the plan we need to see

But we don't even know that the "strategic goal" is to buy it and sell it later at a profit. That's just an assumption based on another club.

I hope due diligence is more robust than this.

23 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

With all due respect thats for them to answer - I dont know anymore about the New Owners than anyone else _ I just like the fact they have a Plan and its changing the mould of Scottish Football - we are slowly dying - trundling along - we need change 

Really JJ, all you're saying is that you're behind someone (who may or not be a friend) who is pushing the club towards a situation where he makes some money (either a return of an investment or a profit). 0n top of that you are dismissive of anyone who has doubts. Or do you know more than you are admitting? Because if you don't, then you are blindly running towards a brick wall and asking the rest of us to follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Really JJ, all you're saying is that you're behind someone (who may or not be a friend) who is pushing the club towards a situation where he makes some money (either a return of an investment or a profit). 0n top of that you are dismissive of anyone who has doubts. Or do you know more than you are admitting? Because if you don't, then you are blindly running towards a brick wall and asking the rest of us to follow.

At No Point have I at any point been dismissive with people who have doubts - first I accept there are varying views - second I looked at what they had done and I think it could work - I had no faith in the status quo  - so regards the New Owners - I do not know anything beyond whats in the Public Domian 

As for those who are getting a return on there shares - I know every one of them - they are former Directors who put cash in - they are getting it back - good luck to them        

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I would suggest that until they get SFA clearance-  its unlikely we will get much more info from them  

20 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I would suggest that until they get SFA clearance-  its unlikely we will get much more info from them  

You might be right .....but Beattie told the jags trust it was a yes transformational deal for the club...the least he can do  on Sunday is tell us why he thinks that 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You might be right .....but Beattie told the jags trust it was a yes transformational deal for the club...the least he can do  on Sunday is tell us why he thinks that 

Im pretty sure that will happen and Im pretty sure any attempt to Contact Colin Weir will be clarified 

I fully 100% accept that there is a Financial Pay off for the Shareholders BUT IM pretty sure as time goes on - more information as to why the changes above that will be clearer - too many people jumping to conclusions based on zero info 

16 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Im pretty sure that will happen and Im pretty sure any attempt to Contact Colin Weir will be clarified 

I fully 100% accept that there is a Financial Pay off for the Shareholders BUT IM pretty sure as time goes on - more information as to why the changes above that will be clearer - too many people jumping to conclusions based on zero 

I don't think it is jumping to conclusions. I think it is having valid concerns based on zero.

You seem to have decided it's a good thing, based on zero. That to me seems less logical,  and more of a jump to a conclusion.

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Out of likes- exactly that’s quite possibly the biggest concern of all

It comes down to whether you want people who want to own the club to own it (whatever their motivation) or people who clearly no longer want to own the club own it. 

And that will be the same at the time of the next disposal. 

The status quo is not an option so any comparison needs to disregard that.  The genie is out of the bottle - 55 per cent of our shareholders want to sell their shares  

Colin Weir's statement didn't say that either party - the board or the potential new owner - hadn't contacted him, @javeajag. Rather, and I'm paraphrasing him here, that he hadn't heard anything that convinced him of the merits of the takeover. That reads to me like a discussion has taken place at some point.

Edited by Dark Passenger

25 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Colin Weir's statement didn't say that either party - the board or the potential new owner - hadn't contacted him, @javeajag. Rather, and I'm paraphrasing him here, that he hadn't heard anything that convinced him of the merits of the takeover. That reads to me like a discussion has taken place at some point.

Agreed though is thought that’s what I said !

3 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

Or that a third party briefed him ? 

On 8/7/2019 at 8:00 PM, javeajag said:

Ok ... if that’s true please provide the figures ... oh you can’t ? So stop making stuff up 

The figures will be apparent when the accounts are published. I’m not making anything up. It’s a fact we had 4 managerial salaries on the go till May. Fact.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:53 PM, Third Lanark said:

Attendances has fallen long before January. They were falling under the previous manager 

As usual everything goes back to GC with you. A large part of the money was used to pay off the previous managers duds.  The ex chairman admitted there was no chance of a promotion bid.

back to spreading poison and telling lies again on your year off I see

If you read my post if was about the old Board. Not GC.

You might wish to retract your last statement; or at least get out into the fresh air more.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:15 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

The old board were paying for 2 management teams because the board prior to them (led by David Beattie) did not take the decision to remove Archie the season before last. Attendances did not fall after Christmas (I keep the attendances  for games alongside the 50/50 prizes). The attendance for games up to 31/12/18 was 2,879 and from 01/01/19 to the end of the season they were 3,214. We also had the unbudgeted for cup games against Hearts, one of which was televised.

Thanks for the attendances perspective, Martin. That’s interesting. 

I still think our accounts for 2018/19 will show we were living beyond our means.

• admin locked this topic