Tommy Robson signs...

Dark Passenger

2 minutes ago, dunnikierjag said:

With Williamson and Robson more wing backs than defenders we will be playing 3 at the back I assume. That is under normal circumstances but with all these rumours who knows?

Aye, Caldwell has said that 3 at the back is his preferred line up. I'd hope we have enough flexibility about the squad to change things about but we probably still need at least one strong tackling fullback to play with a back four.

Playing with a back three hampers starting Cardle in all but the narrowest of pitches. Even when he comes on as a sub will require some chopping & changing.

33 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Tom Robson is still young enough to learn to play right full back, central defence, defensive midfield or attacking midfield.

2-4-6-8 Never too late.

I wonder if GC told him it’s my way or the 2468 motorway. Sorry in advance if I’ve racially offended any motorways or the likes, incase folk get their wee frilly knickers in a twist. 

13 hours ago, jags on tour said:

I wonder if GC told him it’s my way or the 2468 motorway. Sorry in advance if I’ve racially offended any motorways or the likes, incase folk get their wee frilly knickers in a twist. 

^^^ wanted Tommy Robinson...:hypocrite:

• Like 1

Robson says (in OS interview) he can play LB or WB or midfield (anywhere on the left) so not really a problem.  I suspect we'll play 4 at back sometimes; probably need another CB for cover and he should be able to play RB too so we have cover for Williamson (who has played RB as well as WB).  I'd expect any wing back to be able to play fullback also, though might be stronger in one position than the other so no big deal.

Edited by Mr Bunny

18 minutes ago, topcat said:

Ehmm.  It is strange to me the logic. A team that gets relegated obviously must have the poorest defence.............

(A) no

(B) even if (A) does not apply, it doesn't mean they are all bad.

Edited by allyo