doolan

harrywrag

9 hours ago, Jagsman said:

we knew it would happen 1 day but problem is even though he a legend if it was anyone else you know he would have been released

i hope he does well but not v us

He had a bad season in a bad team , he was an asset to our Club off the park as well which I believe is important,also training the U18s who did well under his and Ryan Mccans tenure .

As of now , there has been no contingency plan to replace Doolan , there was obviously more to it than Dools just having a bad season.

• 10 months later...
18 minutes ago, laukat said:

If we are going to be in league 1 next season I would have though Doolan would have made a decent backup to our main strikers (assuming we keep Rudden and Graham)

No. He was finished 2 years ago and has done nothing with Ayr or Morton to prove different. We let him go at the right time (maybe 6 months too late) although it could have been handled better. I'm afraid that Kris' playing days are over.

Besides, there is not going to be a next season.

17 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

No. He was finished 2 years ago and has done nothing with Ayr or Morton to prove different. We let him go at the right time (maybe 6 months too late) although it could have been handled better. I'm afraid that Kris' playing days are over.

Besides, there is not going to be a next season.

Whether you think Dools days are finished, it’s doubtful we could afford his wages anyway .

Think there is going to be a lot of changes at Firhill , possibly a hybrid of part time and full time players from what I’ve heard .

Not sure players like Brian Graham will hang around, going from being a Premier League player 4 months ago to playing in the 3rd tier next season ( if there is one )

It might not be a bad thing in the long run but think we’re going to have to be realistic as to what quality of player we can afford in the First Division .

11 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Whether you think Dools days are finished, it’s doubtful we could afford his wages anyway .

Think there is going to be a lot of changes at Firhill , possibly a hybrid of part time and full time players from what I’ve heard .

Not sure players like Brian Graham will hang around, going from being a Premier League player 4 months ago to playing in the 3rd tier next season ( if there is one )

It might not be a bad thing in the long run but think we’re going to have to be realistic as to what quality of player we can afford in the First Division .

Agree with that. However I think Doolan may well be happy with a part time deal and I don't think he'll have a lot of offers so could actually be quite a cheap backup striker.

6 minutes ago, laukat said:

Agree with that. However I think Doolan may well be happy with a part time deal and I don't think he'll have a lot of offers so could actually be quite a cheap backup striker.

Yip maybe , probably depends on how his Academy does .

23 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Lyons Rudden and Graham would all be ahead of him

If Graham leaves Doolan would be good to have around the Club in terms of a role model, back up striker and a Coach .

Need people around the Club who have a genuine love of Partick Thistle not just players picking up their last pay day Kenny Miller , Gary Harkins etc for example. 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

If Graham leaves Doolan would be good to have around the Club in terms of a role model, back up striker and a Coach .

Need people around the Club who have a genuine love of Partick Thistle not just players picking up their last pay day Kenny Miller , Gary Harkins etc for example. 

With a rumoured 50% wage cut at Firhill, plus with two assistants, we cannot afford to have someone who isn't available to play week in week out for 90mins.  I would guess McCall will be operating with a smaller squad and he will need everyone to put in a full shift with no passengers giving less than 100%. Especially with the pressure/expectation of promotion from the off. Assuming their is an off to begin with.....

Edited by JAG1970

And does a genuine love for the club guarantee success? Doolan, relegated, Erskine, relegated, Archibald, relegated( twice), Britton, disastrous appointment. This job for the boys pish hasn't worked in the past. McCall? A totally underwhelming performance as boss.

Edited by Garscube Road End
  • Like 1

With all due respect, we need people around the club who are winners, whether they love Thistle or have never heard of us.

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

With all due respect, we need people around the club who are winners, whether they love Thistle or have never heard of us.

Doolan & Erskine were winners and they loved the Club. An ideal combination. 

8 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

And does a genuine love for the club guarantee success? Doolan, relegated, Erskine, relegated, Archibald, relegated( twice), Britton, disastrous appointment. This job for the boys pish hasn't worked in the past. McCall? A totally underwhelming performance as boss.

Just my opinion but people around the Club who know what we’re about helps especially with the young players, the template last year was horrendous and that’s one of the reasons we ended up getting relegated and spent shit loads of money into the bargain .

Re Erskine , Doolan and Archibald, all 3 were part of our most successful spell over the last 20 years, don’t think anyone should forget that and they shouldn’t be part of PTFC if they can’t contribute .

Totally agree re McCall , if he keeps his job he’s a lucky man , as you say totally underwhelming.

• Like 1